Sequoyah Football

Sequoyah SID

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was'nt trying to build up coach D. If I remember my post right I mentioned Both the line coaches. The reason I done this, is I really feal the most improved area of the team was the Oline. I did say they were inexperienced here's why only 1 returning starter and he palyed a different posistion. Two of them were running backs never played line before in their lives. Two of them did play JV last year one now a Soph. and 1 now a junoir. And a freshman who played abit. I don't know what you think inexperience is, but I would pretty much say this is it. I don't fell the need to build up any one. Just giving credit were credit is due. I do agree Coach Summey has done a great job and I tell him this when ever I see him. I also think coach Gregory has done a great job, as you should be able to tell from my post about the offense. Heck I think all of our coaches have done a great job, and I am very excited about the future. Here is my question to you. Why do you feel the need to downgrade certain coaches on here so much? Maybe you need to go talk to the coaches face to face. But when you get on here and put down all that they are doing, what kind of message do you think you are sending the boys. One of which I assume is yours. Hard enough for the coaches to get the kids to believe in what they are doing & teaching. Remember the boys read this stuff to. And for the boys that do I will say this. Your coaches are doing a good job, Listen to them and work hard, You guys improved alot this year but there is still improvement to be made. So get after it and give it all you got. This coming from someone who does'nt have a kid on this team, but who really enjoys watching high school football. Keep up the good work. And please don't listen to us. Listen to your coaches. Not just the Oline, but the whole team has improved and you guys are just going to get better. GO CHIEFS /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Very well put! I totally agree! GO CHIEFS!

Was'nt trying to build up coach D. If I remember my post right I mentioned Both the line coaches. The reason I done this, is I really feal the most improved area of the team was the Oline. I did say they were inexperienced here's why only 1 returning starter and he palyed a different posistion. Two of them were running backs never played line before in their lives. Two of them did play JV last year one now a Soph. and 1 now a junoir. And a freshman who played abit. I don't know what you think inexperience is, but I would pretty much say this is it. I don't fell the need to build up any one. Just giving credit were credit is due. I do agree Coach Summey has done a great job and I tell him this when ever I see him. I also think coach Gregory has done a great job, as you should be able to tell from my post about the offense. Heck I think all of our coaches have done a great job, and I am very excited about the future. Here is my question to you. Why do you feel the need to downgrade certain coaches on here so much? Maybe you need to go talk to the coaches face to face. But when you get on here and put down all that they are doing, what kind of message do you think you are sending the boys. One of which I assume is yours. Hard enough for the coaches to get the kids to believe in what they are doing & teaching. Remember the boys read this stuff to. And for the boys that do I will say this. Your coaches are doing a good job, Listen to them and work hard, You guys improved alot this year but there is still improvement to be made. So get after it and give it all you got. This coming from someone who does'nt have a kid on this team, but who really enjoys watching high school football. Keep up the good work. And please don't listen to us. Listen to your coaches. Not just the Oline, but the whole team has improved and you guys are just going to get better. GO CHIEFS /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Thanks warchief for a great post. You just said what I and I know a lot of others have felt for a long time. I totally agree with what you have said. GO CHIEFS.

I agree. Look at most of the successful programs(statewide or nationally)they have middle school and some even grade school football. Yes,both are still in the same league.

If they're both in the same league whats it gonna hurt to combine them? Really wouldnt do anything but help build the high school talent and make the teams more competitive. The earlier you can get those players on the same team and forming some kind of continuity the better, even at that level.

If they're both in the same league whats it gonna hurt to combine them? Really wouldnt do anything but help build the high school talent and make the teams more competitive. The earlier you can get those players on the same team and forming some kind of continuity the better, even at that level.

I use to have a different opinion about this, but the more I think about it the more I believe your probably right. Making this happen would be a tough sell in these two towns. I think the High school coaches would have to get involved, along with some folks from both towns who's thought of mind is clearly doing what is best for the high school program through the feeder program. Not saying we don't have good folks in our youth programs because we do. I just think we would need to find head coaches who don't have kids playing and are willing to work closely and learn from the high school coaches. What do you think BlueQB12. GO CHIEFS!!!

OK so what kind of line we got coming back? I know theres a bunch of seniors coming back but from what I remember we will only have two seniors on the line returning (Roberts and Bell). Is this right? What positions do all the senoirs play? I know the backfield (Moser, White, Breeden and maybe Carson) (all seniors I think), wideouts (Corvette, Brewster and maybe Helms) (again all seniors). Will #72 Watson be back and able to compete for a spot on the line? well never-mind I think I just answered my own question. I think the line will be filled out with a couple of juniors (Stienhart and Workman) and Sophmore (Peels). I hope our lineman become huge sonbitches over the winter and spring. Is their any underclassman that will push seniors for playing time? I know so much can happen before next season and alot can change, but we will talk about that when it happens. GO CHIEFS!!

0-4 in th first round again, not a good performance by region 3-3A. Maybe the chiefs can turn that around next season.

Good Luck with that. Im not saying it's not possible, but Region 4 is alot better than Region 3. Region 4's #4 team come in and beat us Friday. And the other 3 games was blowouts. So whats that say for our Region? Remember you gotta make the playoffs before you can turn that around next season. Good Luck Chiefs. GO CHARGERS!!

0-4 in th first round again, not a good performance by region 3-3A. Maybe the chiefs can turn that around next season.

These kids need to do more than just turn things around they need to be pushed, and pushed again. They need to themselves in the weightroom they need to push each other in the weight room, then when they are done flinging weights they need to hit the field in the spring and push each other. This team needs to learn how to get mean and nasty, our mister nice guy attitude just not going to cut it in the playoffs. These kids have the heart but the desire to win, well it needs work.

I use to have a different opinion about this, but the more I think about it the more I believe your probably right. Making this happen would be a tough sell in these two towns. I think the High school coaches would have to get involved, along with some folks from both towns who's thought of mind is clearly doing what is best for the high school program through the feeder program. Not saying we don't have good folks in our youth programs because we do. I just think we would need to find head coaches who don't have kids playing and are willing to work closely and learn from the high school coaches. What do you think BlueQB12. GO CHIEFS!!!

This has been my opinion for probably the last 2 years. The more I learn about teams around us,the more I believe the kids need to be put together earlier. I know there are enough good coaches combined in both leagues to make it successful. The only drawback(if it is)would be finding another league to play in. I think it would be wise to talk to other teams in the league now,and possibly some nearby,to either form another league or join another. The quicker the kids together can work to learn the system,the more effective it will be. I know as far as Vonore is concerned,to many players have to play a position they would never play in high school because of size or strength. In my opinion,practices would be better also,with more depth to work with. It would really take a lot of cooperation and laying aside old differences,not to be brought up again,which is how it ought to be anyway. Look at a few years ago,when the combined team played Farragut and whipped up on them. I would definitely be for it. Going one step further,what would be wrong with cutters and juniors combining their teams? Any head start would have to help,considering how far behind our whole region is.

maybe with the Jr age group form Sequoyah jr high team. Even though thier is no such school.

Between the 2 schools 7th&8th grades coached by people willing to work with the High school

Working out some common ground about playing home games at SQHS.

With all the talk from both towns and Tellico about leaving the current confrence which "I am not for".

But if it comes to pass this would be a good time to try to start a combined JR High program.

The Jr age is the only group that needs to be combined IMO.

It was not a new offense, it was our old offense ran better with some new things mixed in there, and simplified so the linemen could block it better, and I admit it looked a lot better. We do have a lot of players coming back, and the capablity of being very good is there. However a year older does not always mean a year better. I think a new offensive style could give them the abilty to win those close games.

Every time you hide behind that key board you show just how low your football IQ really is. It was a totally new offensive system from top to bottom. Yes we have ran mid line and veer before. So are we to assume in your simpleton mind that constitutes the same old offense? Geez what a joke! IT WAS ALL NEW Barney Just what new offensive style would you suggest. Be specific please. FYI deputy we also ran a fifty front at the first of the season and was getting our head handed to us. D-line has got to learn to get separation, hold there gap, get off blocks,play with proper pad leverage and not over run the play. We will get better at it I promise you that. Having alot of players coming back doesn't mean squat till you prove it on the field