VanBuren - Cascade rematch in tourney who wins?

blueice712

Tuesday night thriller in Bell Buckle. Cascade got a lead and Van Buren came storming back. VB ties it on buzzer three. Cascade regains composure and wins in OT. VB coming off Monday night game maybe not running on full tank (but certainly not running on empty). Cascade had 2 starters suspended but that's probably not much of a factor (who knows for sure) cause the replacements played fine. More impressive to me is the VB players, coach, and I guess the whole VB place. VB post 42 is TOUGH in the paint-got in foul trouble and fouled out in OT. I'm not saying any of his 5 fouls were bad call, but some were tough calls (if you're a baller you know the diff). He never reacted in any way. On what he knew was his fifth he calmly helped up the Cascade player and walked away. What a class bunch from VB! Probably the class of 9A (Forrest has a good bunch of kids too). If players know how to handle themselves somebody up the line deserves some credit too. VB is so good, maybe I'll move there (I have no idea how I coud earn a living there). I know what you do on Fridays, but what do you do on Sat in VB? See you in the Buckle at the tourney. I'll be the one in orange and black thst is also a VB fan.

QUOTE(blueice712 @ Feb 1 2007 - 08:08 AM) 826354270[/snapback]

Tuesday night thriller in Bell Buckle. Cascade got a lead and Van Buren came storming back. VB ties it on buzzer three. Cascade regains composure and wins in OT. VB coming off Monday night game maybe not running on full tank (but certainly not running on empty). Cascade had 2 starters suspended but that's probably not much of a factor (who knows for sure) cause the replacements played fine. More impressive to me is the VB players, coach, and I guess the whole VB place. VB post 42 is TOUGH in the paint-got in foul trouble and fouled out in OT. I'm not saying any of his 5 fouls were bad call, but some were tough calls (if you're a baller you know the diff). He never reacted in any way. On what he knew was his fifth he calmly helped up the Cascade player and walked away. What a class bunch from VB! Probably the class of 9A (Forrest has a good bunch of kids too). If players know how to handle themselves somebody up the line deserves some credit too. VB is so good, maybe I'll move there (I have no idea how I coud earn a living there). I know what you do on Fridays, but what do you do on Sat in VB? See you in the Buckle at the tourney. I'll be the one in orange and black thst is also a VB fan.

Nice post. I am looking forward to a great district tournament. Good luck to all teams.

Well obviously i think these two teams and Forrest are the top of the district... wait, they are the district. Everyone else in the district has no chance. Eagle Fan, I know you do not like what im say but all you guys do is throw up a bunch of shots and try to get lucky... Annyway, I think that Casacde has the edge over VB. But i am judging by the way they played us. Who knows both are good teams and dangerous teams..

We split with Cascade so that appears to make them more of a threat. However, I think Van Buren is a big physical and good shooting team that can beat anyone. Cascade just has the advantage because we have all grown up playing each other. No real surprises. I wish us all great success in the tourneys. Go Rockets!

QUOTE(blueice712 @ Feb 1 2007 - 08:08 AM) 826354270[/snapback]

Great post. It is good to hear positive comments instead of trash talk. I am looking forward to all the games during the district tournament. It should be very interesting and competitive. Come on up to the mountain and I am sure we can find you a job and plenty to do to keep you from getting bored.

QUOTE(SLEDGEHAMMER2 @ Feb 4 2007 - 01:10 AM) 826357725[/snapback]

Great post. It is good to hear positive comments instead of trash talk. I am looking forward to all the games during the district tournament. It should be very interesting and competitive. Come on up to the mountain and I am sure we can find you a job and plenty to do to keep you from getting bored.

I assume you are a VB man. I enjoy heading up your hill from time to time, but I made enough of those trips last year in tourney to cover me for a while. The VB - Forrest games this year, how did they play out? Did #42 get in foul trouble gaurding Shankle? I would have enjoyed watching them, but you can't be two places at the same time. Thanks for the invite to your mountain; I'm an old hillbilly at heart. Where do you go out to eat in Spencer?