Region X seeds

CoachDelgado

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bartlettdad1 @ Feb 7 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826362816[/snapback]

usfjim... Explain to some of us uninformed parents. How would that be an advantage? Unless I'm totally lost, wouldn't that mean they would have to get thru the TOP seeds first?

i hear the condesceding air of this post so here you go.

a has wins over b and c, but has lost to d. b has beaten c and has two bad beats over d. c and d have split. realistically, d has no shot at the one seed so you let him fall to four to get the semi against someone they have beaten. pushing for the three seed puts them against a wrestler who they have lost to badly twice, not a good thing.

this is really more of a reality in seeds below four. lets take 60 this year for instance. no one has a chance against mustang brandon but it opens up from there. to avoid that match until the final, you have to be a 2 or 3 seed or fall all the way to 6. so, if you can't justify the 2 or 3, even though you might have a win or split with them, let your wrestler fall to the six spot. in an eight man, they open with a weak three then in the semi against a two.

with the last scenario, i have seen that personally played out in a tourney.

QUOTE(171Bartlett @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826363208[/snapback]

'We confide in our strength without boasting of it; we respect that of others without fearing it'

Thomas Jefferson 1793

A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Ty Webb - 1980

I have to laugh, because I've outsmarted even myself. My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days.

Carl Spackler - 1980

I wash my hands and my feet of you!

Bill Blazejowski - 1982

All right, you win. You win. I give. I'll say it. I'll say it. I'll say it. DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME! DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME!

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein - 1974

QUOTE(usfjim @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826363170[/snapback]

a has wins over b and c, but has lost to d. b has beaten c and has two bad beats over d. c and d have split. realistically, d has no shot at the one seed so you let him fall to four to get the semi against someone they have beaten. pushing for the three seed puts them against a wrestler who they have lost to badly twice, not a good thing.

this is really more of a reality in seeds below four. lets take 60 this year for instance. no one has a chance against mustang brandon but it opens up from there. to avoid that match until the final, you have to be a 2 or 3 seed or fall all the way to 6. so, if you can't justify the 2 or 3, even though you might have a win or split with them, let your wrestler fall to the six spot. in an eight man, they open with a weak three then in the semi against a two.

We need to get you a new job away from the head table, Jim. You have been staring at brackets for too many years, and I suspect it has begun to fry your brain.

QUOTE(best_of_the_west @ Feb 8 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826363780[/snapback]

We need to get you a new job away from the head table, Jim. You have been staring at brackets for too many years, and I suspect it has begun to fry your brain.

nope, i enjoy it. only looking at them one more time this year, tomorrow, until next season.

btw, dude, where's the love for my famous people quotes.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Hannibal Smith - 1983

QUOTE(best_of_the_west @ Feb 8 2007 - 03:30 PM) 826363899[/snapback]

Haha, I have never heard of any of those people.

they're from classic movies and tv series.

another favorite from Norm Peterson:

What's new Normie?

Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach & they're demanding beer.

back to the topic, watch for the weight classes i suggested would be wrong to be just that.

Just looked at the team scores from houston's website. I think they are a little inflated cuz Houston has like 24 and everybody else is still in single digits. It could be that they are at home or they put the brackets, so that thier guys would wrestle more matches. Enough of the conspiracy theories.

Dragons forever, the ponies, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(dragon12 @ Feb 8 2007 - 04:27 PM) 826363978[/snapback]

Just looked at the team scores from houston's website. I think they are a little inflated cuz Houston has like 24 and everybody else is still in single digits. It could be that they are at home or they put the brackets, so that thier guys would wrestle more matches. Enough of the conspiracy theories.

Dragons forever, the ponies, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the brackets again

First round matches:

Houston - 7

Cordova - 3

Collierville - 1 (?)

- I double checked just to make sure, but was surprised to see people like Peck, Livingston, & Rad having 1st round matches when I was always taught that top seeds are given the byes (check Britcliffe (Col), Reynolds (Cor), Gipson (Cor), & Johnson (Col)) while the ones not awarded seeds were given 1st round matches to give them more time and energy to prep; but then I completely forgot whose gym I walked into.

QUOTE(usfjim @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:20 AM) 826363170[/snapback]

Wow! usfjim, First off, I don't know you from Adam and obviously you don't know me. If ya did, you might not have reacted the way ya did. You quote"dropped the first bomb" for everyone and me not understanding the strategy of dropping your wrestler down, ask you to explain. I noticed ya posted your response at around 8am this morning. Had ya not had your morning coffee or what? Chill out there brother. It's really ok.

Now, for the record.. the question was sincere. You have a great day!

QUOTE(Rogers09 @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826364330[/snapback]

First round matches:

Houston - 7

Cordova - 3

Collierville - 1 (?)

- I double checked just to make sure, but was surprised to see people like Peck, Livingston, & Rad having 1st round matches when I was always taught that top seeds are given the byes (check Britcliffe (Col), Reynolds (Cor), Gipson (Cor), & Johnson (Col)) while the ones not awarded seeds were given 1st round matches to give them more time and energy to prep; but then I completely forgot whose gym I walked into.

really i was under the impression that there was a big meeting before the tounament and every coach from all the teams agree on brackets

QUOTE(Rogers09 @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826364330[/snapback]

First round matches:

Houston - 7

Cordova - 3

Collierville - 1 (?)

Did Brandon Wright wrestle today? How many team points did the boys on the ranch miss out on there? There was a seeding meeting that went pretty smooth, so I hear from the coaches that bothered to attend. By the way, speaking of smoooooth, the tournament went like clockwork tonight.