Father Ryan vs JPII

observations

QUOTE(fieldman @ Feb 7 2007 - 09:04 AM) 826361802[/snapback]

Lets hear it. Who's going to take this rematch between the Lady Irish and the Lady Knights.

Tossup. I've got confidence JPII will win but haven't won there last 3 years. With region being there it would be a good boost to win. Ryan has a great home court advantage as we did last week. The winner has momentum as both teams have huge games that "count" next week to decide seedings.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826361908[/snapback]

Tossup. I've got confidence JPII will win but haven't won there last 3 years. With region being there it would be a good boost to win. Ryan has a great home court advantage as we did last week. The winner has momentum as both teams have huge games that "count" next week to decide seedings.

Sorry, but I was wrong. It wasn't a tossup. The opening tossup was as close as it would get. JPII raced out to a 20 point lead at half, 30 at end of 3 and won by 32. For it being senior night AT Ryan I don't know what that performance that was by the Lady Irish. The 3 senior starters combined for 0 points before being yanked halfway thru the third quarter. Don't know if not playing the Ensworth game and having time off hurt or not. But if you can't get up for JPII at home on senior night you can't get up. I still stand by my original statement that Ryan isn't one of the top 4 teams. No disrespect, it just is what it is.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Feb 9 2007 - 09:42 AM) 826364863[/snapback]

Sorry, but I was wrong. It wasn't a tossup. The opening tossup was as close as it would get. JPII raced out to a 20 point lead at half, 30 at end of 3 and won by 32. For it being senior night AT Ryan I don't know what that performance that was by the Lady Irish. The 3 senior starters combined for 0 points before being yanked halfway thru the third quarter. Don't know if not playing the Ensworth game and having time off hurt or not. But if you can't get up for JPII at home on senior night you can't get up. I still stand by my original statement that Ryan isn't one of the top 4 teams. No disrespect, it just is what it is.

With the injury situation being what it is, that will probably be correct. We will never know for sure without a healthly team. There are about a hundred things that you don't know about the inner workings at Ryan, but I don't have enough interest to go into it. Ryan's leading scorer at time of injury, leader in assists, leader in steals, and in top five in rebounding is injured and probably will remain injured the rest of the season. This had a devastating effect on the team as it would any team. It would be like Patsy Mahoney playing so hurt that she could no longer be effective for JPII. Would JPII still be a top four team without Patsy, I don't think so, in fact I know they would not. And before you start whining about disrespecting any other players. This is just a fact of life in basketball, you lose one of your top players, you are not the same team in strength or anything else, ask Bruce Pearl at Tennessee. I believe you already know this, but you failed to mention it, you are just interested in being right except for your prior post where you could not have been more wrong. One last thing, Patsy Mahoney is still the greatest impact player on JPII's team period, no matter whether you like it or not.

QUOTE(fieldman @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826364941[/snapback]

With the injury situation being what it is, that will probably be correct. We will never know for sure without a healthly team. There are about a hundred things that you don't know about the inner workings at Ryan, but I don't have enough interest to go into it. Ryan's leading scorer at time of injury, leader in assists, leader in steals, and in top five in rebounding is injured and probably will remain injured the rest of the season. This had a devastating effect on the team as it would any team. It would be like Patsy Mahoney playing so hurt that she could no longer be effective for JPII. Would JPII still be a top four team without Patsy, I don't think so, in fact I know they would not. And before you start whining about disrespecting any other players. This is just a fact of life in basketball, you lose one of your top players, you are not the same team in strength or anything else, ask Bruce Pearl at Tennessee. I believe you already know this, but you failed to mention it, you are just interested in being right except for your prior post where you could not have been more wrong. One last thing, Patsy Mahoney is still the greatest impact player on JPII's team period, no matter whether you like it or not.

Aw, go ahead and tell us about the Coach Jackson fiasco and you can even throw in a few (or a lot) jabs at Jinx. That game was over at about the 5:00 mark of the first quarter.

QUOTE(my2cents @ Feb 9 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826365007[/snapback]

Aw, go ahead and tell us about the Coach Jackson fiasco and you can even throw in a few (or a lot) jabs at Jinx. That game was over at about the 5:00 mark of the first quarter.

Not throwing no jabs at anybody, just stating the facts. Ryan is injured and beat up period, can't you understand English. And besides I don't have to tell you anything about anybody at Ryan, because you already know. And you are incorrect, the game was over before the tip-off.

QUOTE(fieldman @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826364941[/snapback]

Injuries play a part in any team's success. We lost Chelsea Leavell early last year and it hurt us. She was averaging 15 pts/ 10reb a game at the time. With everyone healthy i'm sure Ryan would be better. I only said that team that they put on the floor wasn't very good. I wish for every kid to be healthy as we did without last year and you always want everyone to be at full strength. Patsy is a super kid that i've coached in AAU and for the school. Her family is fantastic as well. Her first half shooting was the key to a quick start ( 6-6, 14 pts). However Jen Sneed is the most irreplaceable person on our team. We have no other option at point, she's been shooting well, and there's no better defender around. We like to think all our kids are important as we have no superstars. Hope you guys get well for the tournament

QUOTE(fieldman @ Feb 9 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826365060[/snapback]

Not throwing no jabs at anybody, just stating the facts. Ryan is injured and beat up period, can't you understand English. And besides I don't have to tell you anything about anybody at Ryan, because you already know. And you are incorrect, the game was over before the tip-off.

Injuries or not, that was the first game I have been to this year and after 5 minutes of sitting in the stands 15 minutes before tip-off it was clear there is no love for the coach or ex-coach. And they played like it. The program is in shambles mentally and PJP2 put it in shambles physically last night.

QUOTE(my2cents @ Feb 9 2007 - 12:32 PM) 826365101[/snapback]

Injuries or not, that was the first game I have been to this year and after 5 minutes of sitting in the stands 15 minutes before tip-off it was clear there is no love for the coach or ex-coach. And they played like it. The program is in shambles mentally and PJP2 put it in shambles physically last night.

I can't argue your point.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Feb 9 2007 - 12:13 PM) 826365070[/snapback]

Injuries play a part in any team's success. We lost Chelsea Leavell early last year and it hurt us. She was averaging 15 pts/ 10reb a game at the time. With everyone healthy i'm sure Ryan would be better. I only said that team that they put on the floor wasn't very good. I wish for every kid to be healthy as we did without last year and you always want everyone to be at full strength. Patsy is a super kid that i've coached in AAU and for the school. Her family is fantastic as well. Her first half shooting was the key to a quick start ( 6-6, 14 pts). However Jen Sneed is the most irreplaceable person on our team. We have no other option at point, she's been shooting well, and there's no better defender around. We like to think all our kids are important as we have no superstars. Hope you guys get well for the tournament

I never said that all your players aren't important. I simply stated that without Patsy, you would not be in the top four. I stand by the statement. Geez, I hope the younger guards on the team don't read your post. So listen assistent coach or sporting goods store owner or whoever you are, we aren't going to get healthy, another broken bone from the JPII game. So now two starters are injured for the duration. Oh well, thats basketball. I'm not sure that you really want Ryan to get healthly, but maybe you do, good health to your players as well.

QUOTE(my2cents @ Feb 9 2007 - 12:32 PM) 826365101[/snapback]

I'm confused, are you blaming the loss to JPII on the coaching staff? My daughter plays for that team and I can assure you that we have three top coaches. I feel that the problem lies in the dedication of the girls that are on the court. And what do you mean by "ex-coach?" I guess you could say I'm fairly new here and not up to par with all the lingo. All I have to say is my daughter has improved 100% since the beginning of the season. The JV actually pulled out a victory in the hours before that mess...and yet somehow it always goes back to the coaches??? When can the girls take responsibility here?