South Fulton @ UC

DevilSpirit

South Fulton played Union City last night in a tight game.. SF came out to a strong lead hitting 3 pointers and playing defense, but let it slip and were down 4 at the half. The girls never should have let UC come back from that large a lead, but they fought back in the end and were down 6 with 50 seconds left.. Beadles hit a three and SF pressed and fouled.. UC didn't hit the 1 and 1, and SF got the rebound with Eaves getting fouled on her 3 with 3 seconds left. She missed her 1st free throw and hit the 2nd, missing the 3rd on purpose, Cox got the rebound and put it up, getting fouled and missing with no call. Ledbetter then got the rebound and hit the shot as the buzzer went off the tie the game. The ball was literally going through the rim when the buzzer sounded. But the referee called no shot and ended the game. EVERYONE, coaches from both teams, administrators from UC as well as UC fans, and another official said that the call was wrong.. This moved SF to 5th and playing away 1st round.. Tough way to lose that important of a ball game..

QUOTE(f5twister @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826361912[/snapback]

There was no foul. The shot was no good. You know why? That is the way the ref called it.

Just because the ref called it that way does not mean it was a good call.. We tape our games. I'm sure UC does too.. Watch the tape.. You have got to be the 1st person that I have heard that agrees with that referee.. The ball was going through the rim and even the UC coach and administrators agreed with that..

It is not relevant. A game never comes down to 1 call. You know what loses games? turnovers, missed free throws and lay ups. By the way i never said it was a good call. i said that is the way it was called and that is it. The ref called it the way he saw it and he is the only one that matters. Not me, not you, not anybody else.

QUOTE(f5twister @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826361966[/snapback]

It is not relevant. A game never comes down to 1 call. You know what loses games? turnovers, missed free throws and lay ups. By the way i never said it was a good call. i said that is the way it was called and that is it. The ref called it the way he saw it and he is the only one that matters. Not me, not you, not anybody else.

I agree with that.. We can't change it, and SF never should've let that happen in the first place.. But when a team fights to make up for those mistakes and battles their way back into the game, it's tough to see the referee decide on a call like that..