District 7A Tournamnet

BuffaloFan

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LBJames23Fan @ Feb 18 2007 - 06:22 AM) 826377076[/snapback]Define hand check? I watched the enitre game, and I will agree that there were missed calls through out the entire game on both ends... just b/c a defnder has an arm extended doesnt mean they are affecting how the ball handler is turning or pivoting... if you noticed Lowe never once got off balance while going full speed, and if there is a hand check while going full speed then you would not be able to travel in straight lines, Maxwell played good strong LEGAL defense all night long. The point is you could take every play of every game & somewhere along every play there is a foul or violation of some sort, no one plays perfect, the officals are not suppose to call every little thing, but call one way physical or touchy, one or the other but call it that way from tip to finish. Those Refs established early what kind of game they were going to have, & that was to let the players decide. the only reason I have responded to your post is b/c the JC girls deserve every bit of credit for the game they played. They out hustled, were better prepared, and just flat out worked C-range over. You are trying to dis-credit a great game from a group of girls that deserve nothing but constructive positive comments... I hope Reed is ok, she is a true player even as a freshman, and if any of the JC Fans said negative things about her while she was down, thats uncalled for, and highly disrespectful. Good Luck C-Range the rest of the Way... Great game Lady Blue Devils, Keep it Up all the way to the Boro'...

I would define a hand check as a denfender placing their hands on a player as he/she is dribbling the ball. I don't think they necessarily have to push the player or forcably alter their stance/turn/pivot to get the foul called....but they were doing that alot too. Anyway, the majority of their defense was NOT legal, but it wasn't called on them. There is no way you can sit on here and try to say JC did NOT get the majority of the calls. Ask the ref who was holding the little girl wearing the Blue Devil t-shirt about hand checks. Maybe he will define hand check for you. I would bet the answer would vary based on who the denfender is. Obviously this guy had some tight JC connections...he is a cheater, a disgrace to fair play. That's all I am gonna say about it. TSSAA can handle it (him) from there.

I am not so mad that we got beat as that we probably lost a player in this mess.

I will NEVER issue positive comments towards JC after the way "some" of their fans acted the other night, and the way Dyer acted has left a bad taste in my mouth. But, I will try not talk negative about them either. I don't know them personally, but I will try not to discredit the players performances. Keep in mind that with the exception of Dyers kicking while scrabbling on the floor, I haven't really said anything about this team. The refs performance is what I am upset with. I would have been cool if they would have set a fair tempo for each team, but I think they had more of an impact on our playing than JC did.

Time to move on with the tourney.....

QUOTE(BuffaloFan @ Feb 17 2007 - 02:13 PM) 826376369[/snapback]Very, very poor officiating last night. Brown (coach) and Case (ref) are tight (obviously). One ref literally had JC fans patting him on the back after the game while the boys teams were warming up. He obviously had some connections to Gainesboro. How does this happen in a dictrict game?

I am steamed!

Status of Kelli Reed is still up in the air until she can see a physician. Thanks to the JC fans setting behind me saying, "just get her off the floor if she can't play" and "poor it on 'em some more." Some people need to show some respect when a player is injured. You guys kicked us when we were down, I can't speak for everyone, but I know I won't forget it......

The only reason I would not like to see RBS kick JC's behind.... is because I want the girls to get another shot at 'em. ZERO respect for JC now.

I have always envied Lamar and the program at c'range( chech my previous post ) but the fans behind the scorebench from clarkrange were the most curel whinners I ever heard every call no matter how obvious it was they booed and the truth is you got most the breaks from the refs ,show a little class yourself and you'll get respect.Most folks from c'range are fine people and i wish them success in region but the soreheads (all teams have them) need to stay home.

QUOTE(BuffaloFan @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826377558[/snapback]I would define a hand check as a denfender placing their hands on a player as he/she is dribbling the ball. I don't think they necessarily have to push the player or forcably alter their stance/turn/pivot to get the foul called....but they were doing that alot too. Anyway, the majority of their defense was NOT legal, but it wasn't called on them. There is no way you can sit on here and try to say JC did NOT get the majority of the calls. Ask the ref who was holding the little girl wearing the Blue Devil t-shirt about hand checks. Maybe he will define hand check for you. I would bet the answer would vary based on who the denfender is. Obviously this guy had some tight JC connections...he is a cheater, a disgrace to fair play. That's all I am gonna say about it. TSSAA can handle it (him) from there.

I am not so mad that we got beat as that we probably lost a player in this mess.

I will NEVER issue positive comments towards JC after the way "some" of their fans acted the other night, and the way Dyer acted has left a bad taste in my mouth. But, I will try not talk negative about them either. I don't know them personally, but I will try not to discredit the players performances. Keep in mind that with the exception of Dyers kicking while scrabbling on the floor, I haven't really said anything about this team. The refs performance is what I am upset with. I would have been cool if they would have set a fair tempo for each team, but I think they had more of an impact on our playing than JC did.

Time to move on with the tourney.....

the truth is dyer was on the floor and c'range girl was pressing her with a elbow and dyer

in pain was trying to kick loose and the refs also stopped play on a JC fast break in which jc scored a layup because reed was hurt (which they were not supposed to do) and i saw more offensive push-offs than i saw hand checks but I hope kelli is ok and wish the lady buffs well

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:51 PM) 826377616[/snapback]I have always envied Lamar and the program at c'range( chech my previous post ) but the fans behind the scorebench from clarkrange were the most curel whinners I ever heard every call no matter how obvious it was they booed and the truth is you got most the breaks from the refs ,show a little class yourself and you'll get respect.Most folks from c'range are fine people and i wish them success in region but the soreheads (all teams have them) need to stay home.

Since JC is going to defend the refs, I will add something that I wasn't going to speak about. When one of CR girls got hit in open floor and lost balance and recovered(no foul) to only be clobbered and knocked to the ground(finally a foul). She told girl to at least wait when she is looking so she can defend herself - Case runs to her and screams in her face to SHUTUP!!! Of course the only thing that will come of this is maybe Case will not ref any CR games for a while and word will spread to other refs that CR complained and at the right time they will get hammered by the refs later. I don't blame the refs for the loss, we don't match up well with the loss of one of our players against some teams. JC is one of those teams. But hand checks were off the charts. CR was not the beneficiary of any good calls. Doesn't explain a 20 pt loss, but the team knows when the refs are not going to allow you to play and lets the other team do things that you are being called for. The team gets desperate to do things to try to change the game quick, and thats not their style. NEXT game please, this one is done.

QUOTE(options86 @ Feb 18 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826377865[/snapback]Since JC is going to defend the refs, I will add something that I wasn't going to speak about. When one of CR girls got hit in open floor and lost balance and recovered(no foul) to only be clobbered and knocked to the ground(finally a foul). She told girl to at least wait when she is looking so she can defend herself - Case runs to her and screams in her face to SHUTUP!!! Of course the only thing that will come of this is maybe Case will not ref any CR games for a while and word will spread to other refs that CR complained and at the right time they will get hammered by the refs later. I don't blame the refs for the loss, we don't match up well with the loss of one of our players against some teams. JC is one of those teams. But hand checks were off the charts. CR was not the beneficiary of any good calls. Doesn't explain a 20 pt loss, but the team knows when the refs are not going to allow you to play and lets the other team do things that you are being called for. The team gets desperate to do things to try to change the game quick, and thats not their style. NEXT game please, this one is done.

QUOTE(gordo22448 @ Feb 18 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826378049[/snapback]Stop complaining about officials. It's the easiest copout for someone to make themselves feel better about a loss. It's a pathetic show of sportsmanship.

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 18 2007 - 02:05 PM) 826377645[/snapback]the truth is dyer was on the floor and c'range girl was pressing her with a elbow and dyer

in pain was trying to kick loose and the refs also stopped play on a JC fast break in which jc scored a layup because reed was hurt (which they were not supposed to do) and i saw more offensive push-offs than i saw hand checks but I hope kelli is ok and wish the lady buffs well

I guess you are entitled to be wrong, if you choose.......

QUOTE(options86 @ Feb 18 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826377865[/snapback]Since JC is going to defend the refs, I will add something that I wasn't going to speak about. When one of CR girls got hit in open floor and lost balance and recovered(no foul) to only be clobbered and knocked to the ground(finally a foul). She told girl to at least wait when she is looking so she can defend herself - Case runs to her and screams in her face to SHUTUP!!! Of course the only thing that will come of this is maybe Case will not ref any CR games for a while and word will spread to other refs that CR complained and at the right time they will get hammered by the refs later. I don't blame the refs for the loss, we don't match up well with the loss of one of our players against some teams. JC is one of those teams. But hand checks were off the charts. CR was not the beneficiary of any good calls. Doesn't explain a 20 pt loss, but the team knows when the refs are not going to allow you to play and lets the other team do things that you are being called for. The team gets desperate to do things to try to change the game quick, and thats not their style. NEXT game please, this one is done.

I wasn't going to say anything myself about Jackson Co. getting the calls but reading these post I couldn't resist. I know I'm the most unbiased fan in the gym. If any team has any BEEF about the refs it should be Pickett Co. I have watched several games in my life and have called my share of games as well, but I have never seen one team get every call. That was without a doubt the most lop-sided game I have ever witnessed. I don't see how PC's coach kept from having a heart attack b/c it was as plain as the nose on your face that PC wasn't going to get any calls. I will never be convinced that it could be any other way. And I even made the statement if JC gets those 3 refs every game they will win this tournament. And I'm not saying anything about JC's program or their coaches b/c they are nothing but the best in my book. But for some reason refs are intimidated by this program I guess. Bobby Knight and Coach K have had same treatment as well. All the good teams and coaches seem to get all the calls and that's a fact. But thru it all I have never heard or read anything on coach T about a fan or player or coach for that matter from PC say anything negative about the refs. And I applaud that.