region X winners

chunkypooh

Congratulations to all the State finalists this weekend and good luck next week at State!

Just curious- who do you write about turning in boys that dropped from 160 to 145 and from 140 to 125 in a two week period of time? If anyone wants to answer, that would be great; otherwise, I'm sure I'll find out who to notify on my own and turn in the statistics to them and see if any of these finalists get disqualified. The rules of how much weight you can lose in what period of time were specific. 15 pounds in two weeks is against the rules.

Again, congratulations to some of those expected to win and to a few surprises!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(171Bartlett @ Feb 10 2007 - 12:37 AM) 826365913[/snapback]

I doubt you have enough statistics and data to warrant such a claim,, and as a parent which I assume you are would you want to take something from one of these kids as a finalist.

A person doesn't have to weigh X to wrestle X they can wrestle up all they wish, for some of these coaches its a strategy to get them ready for state.

My 2 cents as well as the person standing behind me... WF lol!

wow, great answer, worthy of me!

QUOTE(usfjim @ Feb 10 2007 - 08:12 AM) 826366019[/snapback]

wow, great answer, worthy of me!

As usual poohbear, your attempt to stir the pot came up miserably lame. If you have evidence of fowl play, don't hold back. It only shows your weakness and potential ignorance about the rules of wrestling. If you have something to say, say it . If you are right, I will congratulate you. Oh, but if you are wrong......

QUOTE(chunkypooh @ Feb 9 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826365786[/snapback]

Congratulations to all the State finalists this weekend and good luck next week at State!

Just curious- who do you write about turning in boys that dropped from 160 to 145 and from 140 to 125 in a two week period of time? If anyone wants to answer, that would be great; otherwise, I'm sure I'll find out who to notify on my own and turn in the statistics to them and see if any of these finalists get disqualified. The rules of how much weight you can lose in what period of time were specific. 15 pounds in two weeks is against the rules.

Goodness gracious! How many times do we have to explain how to move around weight classes and stay within the rules? The 160 to 145 scenerio: You have a 145 pounder whose weight limit after Christmas is 147. If said wrestler weighs in at 147.1, he will be classified as a 152 pounder. Being a 152 pounder, he is eligible to bump up to the 160 lb class. Of course, if you have a kid that weighs 147.1 wrestling against 162 pounders, he better be a good athlete!

You're just ignorant of the rules/strategies of wrestling. All teams were required to have their Alpha Master report at weigh-ins. The Alpha Master, since I'm sure you have no idea what that is, is the list of every wrestler's current, former, and lowest possible weight. I'm sure I won't be the last one to post here, but maybe you should refrain from making allegations when you are so uninformed. Also, if you're so worked up, why not give a hint as to who you're talking about specifically, and I'd be willing to bet someone will more and happily set you straight.

QUOTE(firehouse950 @ Feb 10 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826366246[/snapback]

You're just ignorant of the rules/strategies of wrestling. All teams were required to have their Alpha Master report at weigh-ins. The Alpha Master, since I'm sure you have no idea what that is, is the list of every wrestler's current, former, and lowest possible weight. I'm sure I won't be the last one to post here, but maybe you should refrain from making allegations when you are so uninformed. Also, if you're so worked up, why not give a hint as to who you're talking about specifically, and I'd be willing to bet someone will more and happily set you straight.

That's me pooh!! But now you are silent.

QUOTE(firehouse950 @ Feb 10 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826366246[/snapback]

Poohbear- There are rules about reporting to the mat improperly equipped as well. Since you obviously do not have the equipment to continue what you started, we will add this to your ignorance tab. I will give you more time, but the referee has now started the clock. Do you know how much time you get or is that one too hard?

[i haven't been online since yesterday, since this is not my entire life as it seems to be to some of you. But I can get the statistics, and I can turn them in. And Mr. Bray, I do know that a boy can weigh 127 and wrestle up to 135 all year and then drop down. I'm not quite as stupid as some of these posters. Just for the record, I'm a grandparent and not a parent. I know you probably find that rather odd. I find it rather odd that people on this board attack and call names and are obsessed with thier wrestlers that they "protest too much". In my vast years, I find that usually means something stinks. 'EVILTWIN' date=Feb 10 2007 - 04:24 PM' post='826366471]

Poohbear- There are rules about reporting to the mat improperly equipped as well. Since you obviously do not have the equipment to continue what you started, we will add this to your ignorance tab. I will give you more time, but the referee has now started the clock. Do you know how much time you get or is that one too hard?

QUOTE(chunkypooh @ Feb 10 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826366732[/snapback]

[i haven't been online since yesterday, since this is not my entire life as it seems to be to some of you. But I can get the statistics, and I can turn them in. And Mr. Bray, I do know that a boy can weigh 127 and wrestle up to 135 all year and then drop down. I'm not quite as stupid as some of these posters. Just for the record, I'm a grandparent and not a parent. I know you probably find that rather odd. I find it rather odd that people on this board attack and call names and are obsessed with thier wrestlers that they "protest too much". In my vast years, I find that usually means something stinks. 'EVILTWIN' date=Feb 10 2007 - 04:24 PM' post='826366471]

It is not that we (me) feel you protest too much or often, but simply that you protest when you're completely ignorant of the rules/guidelines. I have a question for you. If there were something fishy going on, such as a wrestler dropping down illegally, what makes you think (as a grandparent) that YOU would notice before all of the athletes AND coaches who actually have a dog in this fight? Just root on your grandson and stop trying to start needless controversy.

QUOTE(chunkypooh @ Feb 10 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826366732[/snapback]

I agree with firehouse. Possibly, he was more tactfull in his wording. However, I promise that if someone was breaking a rule there would be plenty of people making noise. Emotions run high this time of year. ALL IN FUN-- EEEEEEE

Let's approach this professionally. Do you feel you have a legitimate concern? Did you contact your coach? If you have done that and have not felt things have been handled properly contact the your schools administration. Or we can continue to chase ghosts.

I'll let you people that have no life debate on this. I'll see you in the stands in Chattanooga, if your son's made it.

QUOTE(REGIONX @ Feb 10 2007 - 10:43 PM) 826366888[/snapback]

Let's approach this professionally. Do you feel you have a legitimate concern? Did you contact your coach? If you have done that and have not felt things have been handled properly contact the your schools administration. Or we can continue to chase ghosts.