Whats up with the bracket changes?

charlie arrington

I had looked at both brackets earlier in the day then come home to print mine off (171) and come to find that they are undergoing change. Just was not sure if anyone had anykind of explenation or not. Besides the obvious fact that they had Jake Young of Ooltewah facing off with Brad Robbins of Jeff. Co. in the second round. A match that could very well be the state title bout. Just wondering.......

QUOTE(charlie arrington @ Feb 11 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826367808[/snapback]

I had looked at both brackets earlier in the day then come home to print mine off (171) and come to find that they are undergoing change. Just was not sure if anyone had anykind of explenation or not. Besides the obvious fact that they had Jake Young of Ooltewah facing off with Brad Robbins of Jeff. Co. in the second round. A match that could very well be the state title bout. Just wondering.......

I don't know why 171 is undergoing changes but Jake Young lost his region finals so therefore loses any seeding.

215lbs could be changing due to Morgan #1 seed and Coffey #2 seed which might be correct but seems strange that two time 215lb champ is seeded second to one time 189lb champ but might have something to with Coffey's championships being in Division 2??/

Did anyone print out the 171 pound bracket before they pulled the html down.

I would love to see the before and after. From what i remember Robbins was at the top of the bracket. Young was the fourth name down and would wrestle Robbins in the quarterfinals. Reams was at the bottom of the entire bracket. Sheehan was at the top of that half of the bracket and would meet Flynn in the quarters. Could somebody post the original.

QUOTE(charlie arrington @ Feb 11 2007 - 07:56 PM) 826367808[/snapback]

Young vs Robbins in the second round would have no bearing on the bracket needing to be redrawn. Young did not win his region so he is not supposed to receive any preferential placement in the bracket. See my earlier post on Gipson of Cordova.

wouldn't gipson be a fourth seed behind young, robbins, and reams? i thought that they (except for youngs region loss)all placed last years Where does a placewinner from two years ago fall in the decisional hierarchy? oh nevermind i found the guidelines on the TSSAA site. Guess its better to win the region!

Even with Courtney Coffey being a 2 time state champ at his weight, wouldn't the division 2 have a bearing on his seed? Seems to me like a D 1 medal would trump a D2 medal. Not to take anything away from it, but D2 is more like a 12 man bracket. Every school sends their whole team just about, where D1 is alot tougher. I thought the original bracket looked alot better and fair with Morgan seeded 1, Coffey 2, and Lettner 3.

QUOTE(Blood Sweat & Tears @ Feb 12 2007 - 06:51 PM) 826369160[/snapback]

Even with Courtney Coffey being a 2 time state champ at his weight, wouldn't the division 2 have a bearing on his seed? Seems to me like a D 1 medal would trump a D2 medal. Not to take anything away from it, but D2 is more like a 12 man bracket. Every school sends their whole team just about, where D1 is alot tougher. I thought the original bracket looked alot better and fair with Morgan seeded 1, Coffey 2, and Lettner 3.

im guessing you dont think that morgan can beat lettner then since u dont think it was that fair.

QUOTE(NSmith1789 @ Feb 12 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826369214[/snapback]

im guessing you dont think that morgan can beat lettner then since u dont think it was that fair.

It's not that I'm picking favorites, cause I'm not. I'm just arguing how they don't differentiate between D1 and D2 medalists.

In my opinion, Morgan and Lettner had a tougher road through their brackets to their medals last year than Coffey did, yet he gets the 1 seed. That's my point, not who can or can't beat who.

It'll all come out in the wash anyways. I've not seen Morgan this year, but both Coffey and Lettner look near unstoppable.