District 9-A Season MVP

Speedy Claxton

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(auntkim @ Feb 12 2007 - 05:50 PM) 826369155[/snapback]

I would have to agree with Gaby Bussell. She has been instrumental in The Lady Rockets finishing first in the District. Also Summer Waggoner has had a great year for the Lady Rockets and is only a Sophomore.

Aunt Kim you know how much I love Gaby and Summer, Forrest is a very balanced team where no one girl drives the team we have seen several times when Gaby is in foul trouble and the others just pick it up and keep on going. I do think both are good enough to be MVP (Gaby was State Tourney MVP) but is there another player that makes an Impact for their team in the district? I've seen a lot of the teams this year but not all of them. Lot's of ways to look at it when picking a MVP Just would like to know what you think of the other top players since you have seen them all.

Go Lady Rockets! And get well soon B.B.

QUOTE(jmoses @ Feb 12 2007 - 07:46 PM) 826369287[/snapback]

Aunt Kim you know how much I love Gaby and Summer, Forrest is a very balanced team where no one girl drives the team we have seen several times when Gaby is in foul trouble and the others just pick it up and keep on going. I do think both are good enough to be MVP (Gaby was State Tourney MVP) but is there another player that makes an Impact for their team in the district? I've seen a lot of the teams this year but not all of them. Lot's of ways to look at it when picking a MVP Just would like to know what you think of the other top players since you have seen them all.

Go Lady Rockets! And get well soon B.B.

That is a tough one to answer Jim. So many of the teams from this District are balanced with no one huge impact player. Grissom from VB, Overton from Eagleville (Frazee and Harrell are good too), Thompson from Community, Gibbs from Cascade, Mcnight and Mullins from MTCS, and Walker from FC Boyd (even though they didn't win a game ) she is their stongest player. These are just who I think are the strongest players, it is real hard to name an MVP from this group.........like you said there are so many things to look at. Maybe some posters from the other teams in the District could add some insight into who they think it could be

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:23 PM) 826369667[/snapback]

Gabby from Forrest impressed me more last year then this year. Most guards get looked over for the MVP position. So I'm going to say Grissom from Van Buren.

I have to agree with you that grissom from vb can really play ball. she is an impact player. she has my vote

QUOTE(mcsportswriter @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826370306[/snapback]

Pick one of these four and each would be deserving from Forrest

Gaby Bussell

Summer Waggoner

Ayla Young

Blair Foster

Grissom from vb outscored each of these girls in almost every one of the district games.And showed more leadership.To me even the big girl from vb played better then those 4 players.

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:57 PM) 826370334[/snapback]

Grissom from vb outscored each of these girls in almost every one of the district games.And showed more leadership.To me even the big girl from vb played better then those 4 players.

For MVP you don't just judge on points. Like I posted earlier Forrest doesn't use just one girl to score points depending on what the other team does they adjust. What girl leads their team and makes the team better as a whole team not just scores because she has talent and shoots most of the time. I did see the Grissom girl play last year and if she has gotten any better at all she should be considered.