Big 9 All Conference

wkktnvolsfan

QUOTE(imag @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:38 PM) 826380314[/snapback]I was not taking anything away from Montgomery, I was simply saying that if you have followed Good throughout the season, you would know that she is a definate top contender, if not the best, in the big 9. She not only plays big and makes a difference within her own scoring, passing, and defense, but when she is on the court, her entire team feeds off her. She can change the game and create shots on her own. Not to say that she is always a perfect player and in fact, like anyone else, she has off nights, but she is a great player and with continual growth as an athlete she will demand attention from everyone in the big 9 in the comming years. She is a great player and leader, and an even better person. Whether everyone realizes it yet or not, she will go places and you have to give her credit where credit is due.

As far as tranum and D1, I wasn't agrueing whether she really was a true D1 player, I was just saying that Montgomery has a support staff that helps her alot...

Nakita, Ashton, and others that help her in big ways when they need to. She has help making her "look good" too.

I think you are right, She has help that makes her look good....you have to look back over the season and see that Nikita, Tara have lead the Vikings several times...that is what I call teamwork...and it isnt just about one player....it is about the team, when one has a bad night, there is always one that can pull through for them...and it has been proven that Jones and Tranum are always there to pick that part up....As far as DI, she made it, that is what counts, I wish her the best of luck!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I ever argued that Johneshia wasn't a good player. What I said was, at this point, I like Montgomery better. In my opinion, Montgomery is player of the year, and Good is runner-up. In a few days, we'll see what everyone else has to say, officially. I also won't get into another peeing contest with Joe about Tranum. I have stated my opinion. I think she excels against weaker post teams, and will struggle in D1. I may be wrong, I hope I am, and I really do wish her the best of luck. As a team, at this point, I think that Science Hill has the most talent, to the end of the bench. They are still young, and need to develop more "team" and less "watch me", and they will, and will be the top program, and Good will be the leader.

The thing about these standout players like Good and Montgomery is that you have to watch them over several years as people graduate and more people move up, and the supporting cast changes. Science Hill, like Daniel Boone, is full of sophomores, and if they stick together, that's a lot of experience together by the time they are seniors. TN High rolled through the JV ranks, so they must have some good players coming up, too. It's all about how that team dynamic comes together from year to year. Who's gone, who's going to step up and be next year's leader, who's going to be the next standout, etc. Several of these programs are very good at keeping that flow, and that's why they are at the top of the conference every year. TN High has a good system and good coaching. Boone has a good system and good coaching, Science Hill has transformed their program over the last couple of years from also-ran to top contender. A great player can give you a good season, but a good program can keep giving you good seasons.

QUOTE(terolico @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826380810[/snapback]WRONG AGAIN WATCHDOG!!!!! First 3 years get the ball to Sabra, run a play for Sabra, etc. etc. Who did she set screens for??? No one else scored much so there weren't many screens set. 5 freshmen were on varsity Sabra, Danielle, Jill, Autumn, and Christine. I don't know why they left!!! Personal choices I suppose. Your knowledge of the game is a little scewed, Sabra was not the answer to breaking presses. I will say I am not and never will be a fan of Coach F. but he let Sabra score more and play more than most coaches would have. She spends too much time looking to the stands for mommy and daddy to keep her head in the ballgame. Are you the president of her fan club? Good luck to her if she plays college ball. With or without a new coach, things will be better next year. If things were bad for 10 years it's a little late to correct it now. Girls sports in general take a back seat to the boys that's just the way it is. At DB, East, Volunteer, Central, SH, East, Crockett, THS, and South the only ones who care for the girls sports are the girls families and closest friends. Can I borrow your Gameboy?????

Now you say 3 years, it was 4. Do I hear 2? SL was not always the leading scorer her first 2 years. Jervis was many, many times as was Snead. Many games Autumn and Horton contributed to the score thanks to picks. "Don't know why they left"?. You will find out in time. The team has averaged about 3 seniors for many years. Why do so many of these girls get plenty of playing time as underclass and not stick with it? Only 2 out the 5 played this year. There is a common thread year after year and it is not because of one player as you would like to think it is. You chastise me for pointing to coaching as the problem, but you say you are not a fan and never will be of the coach. I dont get it? No, it is not too late to change. Your tone will change too. Not a parent nor family friend, obviously different from your perspective. I'm just somebody that goes to different sports boys/girls games in the area. Primarily DB because of consistency of programs and their facilities. I think SL will be playing next year, some local small college. I hope your girls will stick together but history says that will not happen. My term as Pres. has expired and was thinking about campaigning for your player (daughter?), but I'm sure you will give Pelosi the job. It could be worse, you could have South Greene's coach!!

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826384349[/snapback]Now you say 3 years, it was 4. Do I hear 2? SL was not always the leading scorer her first 2 years. Jervis was many, many times as was Snead. Many games Autumn and Horton contributed to the score thanks to picks. "Don't know why they left"?. You will find out in time. The team has averaged about 3 seniors for many years. Why do so many of these girls get plenty of playing time as underclass and not stick with it? Only 2 out the 5 played this year. There is a common thread year after year and it is not because of one player as you would like to think it is. You chastise me for pointing to coaching as the problem, but you say you are not a fan and never will be of the coach. I dont get it? No, it is not too late to change. Your tone will change too. Not a parent nor family friend, obviously different from your perspective. I'm just somebody that goes to different sports boys/girls games in the area. Primarily DB because of consistency of programs and their facilities. I think SL will be playing next year, some local small college. I hope your girls will stick together but history says that will not happen. My term as Pres. has expired and was thinking about campaigning for your player (daughter?), but I'm sure you will give Pelosi the job. It could be worse, you could have South Greene's coach!!

What are you smoking???? I have no ties to the DB program. But I have followed it closely. Who led DB in scoring (total points) the last 4 years? Please send Roger a thank you card from the Lawson family. What were you Pres. for the Wellmont Mental Outpatients?????? Go back to sleep!!!!!!

I have watched both play many times this year and even before this year..as an overall player montgomery has good beat by a mile.Dont get me wrong both excellent athletes but as an individual player montgomery has mental toughness,great hustle,and a beautiful shot.No one has mentioned Nickels from Daniel Boone this year but she has developed great defense this year and i also think she is one of the top players in the conference.

QUOTE(wkktnvolsfan @ Feb 12 2007 - 09:39 AM) 826368364[/snapback]Who is Player of the year? All Confernce? All Defensive Team? Underclassman?

my picks

1st team

1.)Danielle Montgomery (tenn high)

2.)Samantha Williams (South)

3.)Jonesha Good (SH)

4.)Holly Nickels (Boone)

5.)Sabra Lawson (DB)

2nd team

1.)Natalie Pickwell (South)

2.)Jordan Douglas (SH)

3.)Caroline Deakins (Boone)

4.)Whitney Moody (Central)

5.)Nikita Jones (Tenn high)

Honerable Mention

1.) Tara Tranum (Tenn high)

2.)Ashley Johnson (South)

3.)Jamie Hill (SH)

4.)Autumn Gillis (Boone)

5.)Chanoa Bledsoe (Vol.)

You have some good players there, but Megan Caldwell is the best post player in the conference and you don't have her as even an honorable mention?

Way better player than Tranum or Douglas, although Douglas plays as a wing a lot. No way anybody is better in the paint. Only when she gets fouls guarding guards does she not get her points average. I've not seen any posts stay with her one on one. Maybe Elizabethton, but that was with both Pietrowskis on her.

QUOTE(bucdaddio @ Feb 23 2007 - 05:12 PM) 826386262[/snapback]You have some good players there, but Megan Caldwell is the best post player in the conference and you don't have her as even an honorable mention?

Way better player than Tranum or Douglas, although Douglas plays as a wing a lot. No way anybody is better in the paint. Only when she gets fouls guarding guards does she not get her points average. I've not seen any posts stay with her one on one. Maybe Elizabethton, but that was with both Pietrowskis on her.

your right caldwell is very good..my fault..she definately deserves to be above a few of the girls listed