8AAA All-District

reiko

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Cass Barnes on recieving the MVP award for the 2006-2007 8AAA season. The following is a list of all who made the team.

Robby Rowland, Michael France, Deonta Twilley, Emmanuel Andrews (Shelbyville); Thad Sanders, Ryan Stovall (Franklin County); Cass Barnes, Adam Barnett (Tullahoma); Brody Clanton (Lawrence County); O'Neal Braden (Columbia); Blake Sharp (Lincoln County)

MVP--Cass Barnes (Tullahoma)

Coach of the Year--Kevin Thomas (Shelbyville)

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826372910[/snapback]

Congrats to Cass Barnes on recieving the MVP award for the 2006-2007 8AAA season. The following is a list of all who made the team.

Robby Rowland, Michael France, Deonta Twilley, Emmanuel Andrews (Shelbyville); Thad Sanders, Ryan Stovall (Franklin County); Cass Barnes, Adam Barnett (Tullahoma); Brody Clanton (Lawrence County); O'Neal Braden (Columbia); Blake Sharp (Lincoln County)

MVP--Cass Barnes (Tullahoma)

Coach of the Year--Kevin Thomas (Shelbyville)

Taking nothing away from cass but giving him the mvp shows the best player does not always get the mvp. Robby Rowland should have gotten the mvp award. Shelbyville went undefeated in the district and beat Tullahoma both times. Tullahoma ended up 4th.

An mvp is not only a great player but also makes players around them better.

Everyone knows how great a leader Rowland is on and off the court.

Robby you got my vote (if I had one). Great season so far. we will see if MVP Cass can get tullahoma out of the district.....

QUOTE(bballrocks @ Feb 15 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826372978[/snapback]

Taking nothing away from cass but giving him the mvp shows the best player does not always get the mvp. Robby Rowland should have gotten the mvp award. Shelbyville went undefeated in the district and beat Tullahoma both times. Tullahoma ended up 4th.

Robby you got my vote (if I had one). Great season so far. we will see if MVP Cass can get tullahoma out of the district.....

No argument from me here. I was just putting the results out.

QUOTE(bballrocks @ Feb 15 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826372978[/snapback]

TOTALLY AGREED. Seems to be about who scored the most points for a team with a losing record noless and beaten twice by SCHS. DOes not surprise me though last year two of the top four finalists for Mr Basketaball in the state were from SCHS and yet they had to share MVP of the district with Williams.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 15 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826373024[/snapback]

TOTALLY AGREED. Seems to be about who scored the most points for a team with a losing record noless and beaten twice by SCHS. DOes not surprise me though last year two of the top four finalists for Mr Basketaball in the state were from SCHS and yet they had to share MVP of the district with Williams.

Great point...

seems to be something against SCHS and maybe their needs to be more of a def. of who an MVP is and what that means. Obviously Rowland fits that criteria more than anyone else even though he was not the leading scorer in the league or even on his team. But his leadership, defense, rebounding, etc. is and was the main catalyst for this young team to have the type of season they have had. Maybe they should have a separate award for best player or most outstanding player or whatever and I am not sure who won MVP would have even deserved it then. Its not all about the points, but I guess some think it is. Just blows my mind.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 15 2007 - 01:17 PM) 826373149[/snapback]

seems to be something against SCHS and maybe their needs to be more of a def. of who an MVP is and what that means. Obviously Rowland fits that criteria more than anyone else even though he was not the leading scorer in the league or even on his team. But his leadership, defense, rebounding, etc. is and was the main catalyst for this young team to have the type of season they have had. Maybe they should have a separate award for best player or most outstanding player or whatever and I am not sure who won MVP would have even deserved it then. Its not all about the points, but I guess some think it is. Just blows my mind.

i don't know what it is but if its baseball, basketball or soccer one thing for sure shelbyville will complain

because the last 2 years in every 8AAA sport some shelbyville parent starts thread like this complaining that their kid didn't get anything

its like in a election if you don't vote you have no right to complain the same thing applies here if you are not 1 of the 7 coaches that votes YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TOO COMPLAIN but if coach thomas gets on here and complain thats fine because he had a say in it

the awards are for kids its not for parents ego's that why the district needs to stop giving awards

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Feb 16 2007 - 01:09 AM) 826374100[/snapback]

i don't know what it is but if its baseball, basketball or soccer one thing for sure shelbyville will complain

because the last 2 years in every 8AAA sport some shelbyville parent starts thread like this complaining that their kid didn't get anything

its like in a election if you don't vote you have no right to complain the same thing applies here if you are not 1 of the 7 coaches that votes YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TOO COMPLAIN but if coach thomas gets on here and complain thats fine because he had a say in it

the awards are for kids its not for parents ego's that why the district needs to stop giving awards

I am not a parent of this young man and i have no kid involved in that school. Am I biased for this young man? You bet I am. He has a heart of a lion and an attitude of a winner. And it shows.

When one of his players is out of line he will jerk them up and get it straight.

Rights, I have all the rights in the world to complain. This is america and this is still a free country. So if I want to get on here an express my frustration to all the other coaches in the district about how an mvp should be, other than how many points are scored, then i will.

If that is what an mvp is then it should be a lock on who gets the award next year. he will be from shelbyville, and they will dominate again!!!!