7AA

jimbo44

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:56 AM) 826374091[/snapback]

Congrats to all that made it.

However, its just my opinion, that Alison West was more deserving of the Defensive player of the year award. And thats not because I am an LA fan.

But Ferris was deserving too, for her age she had an awesome year. Congrats.

In my opinion Alison West should have gotten Defensive Player of the Year. Ferris is good not taking anything away from her, but Alison is better.

Kayci got the award. There's no question she deserved it. Nobody alters the opposing offense more than she does. How many points were scored in the paint against her this season? How many points did opposing centers score against her in district play? She had at least two games with 19 blocked shots. She totally shutdown the inside game of almost every team SC played. Most teams didn't even try to score on her. When they did...she got the block. If teams had gone right at her all year...she would have had 15 or more blocks a game. To say anyone else is close to her is funny.

i wish you all would get over this award -

kayci won it -- period -- and i agree with antwan -- did anybody else "alter" the other team's offense for any other player than kayci ?

the answer is no --- teams repeatedly changed their strategy to deal with her -- so that is how and why she won

yes -- she did not win as many games - but i don't think that is what the voters were looking at --

she changed the game each time she stepped onto the floor ---

and would all please stop making these teenagers feel bad by continuing to post negative remarks - that's my opinion

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:40 AM) 826374346[/snapback]

i wish you all would get over this award -

kayci won it -- period -- and i agree with antwan -- did anybody else "alter" the other team's offense for any other player than kayci ?

the answer is no --- teams repeatedly changed their strategy to deal with her -- so that is how and why she won

yes -- she did not win as many games - but i don't think that is what the voters were looking at --

she changed the game each time she stepped onto the floor ---

and would all please stop making these teenagers feel bad by continuing to post negative remarks - that's my opinion

I haven't read not one negative remark on this post. People are just saying they think Alison West was more deserving of the award as do I.

Congratulations everyone for your awards!!!

GOOD LUCK LADY CATS!!!