WHO KNOWS WHAT MCKENZIE HAS TO OFFER THIS YEAR BESDIES THE "NEW G

Dtime24

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok> truth is many people think Mckenzie is going to be nothing like they were last year. But in FACT they will be stronger. Sure, they lost the stud drew hayes but guess what!! pitching isnt everything. you can have the best pitcher in the world and if you dont have a defense or offense to back him up your not going to win much. mckenzie is goona suprise alot of people!!. i mean honestly people is what yall are saying any way to talk to DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS!!miami17 is right, they do have the ring!!!!!1

QUOTE(Butchie @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:50 PM) 826381755[/snapback]as a Heart attack

that's funny.. no one on that team tops out over 85... and i'd almost say no one tops out over 83. but i'd say Carr probably would since he was the Q.B. and maybe this bugs kid since he apparently has a little bit. but i assure all you readers, no one on that team throws anything close to 90!

QUOTE(diamondcutter @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:50 PM) 826382272[/snapback]that's funny.. no one on that team tops out over 85... and i'd almost say no one tops out over 83. but i'd say Carr probably would since he was the Q.B. and maybe this bugs kid since he apparently has a little bit. but i assure all you readers, no one on that team throws anything close to 90!

One thing alot of people will be surprised about this season will be the offensive and defensive play of the Rebels. But I think the biggest surprise for all will be the pitching. Mckenzie has some young talent, that are very talented. And have been awaiting chance to play. And as far as Glenn Bugs Smith he has been looked over and now is time to shine. Last season he had injured thumb followed by a viscious fastball to the ankle by none other than Johnathan Keck. And with a quality senior pitching rotation was passed by as a starter. But make no mistakes Bugs will be talked about this season and not only by me. And as far as his speed, Readers plz remember his comments that he is not above 90.

When you think of Mckenzie, what do you think of? UNDERDOG! and that is exactly where they need to be. The rebels play so much better with a chip on their shoulder. Believe me, some "GUYS" are gonna be suprised when Mckenzie steps on the field this year. Definetely state material and if not this year. U can almost put your money on next year. But this is now and what those boys have is some secret weapons. Look for Mckenzie to do some damage this year!

QUOTE(Dtime24 @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:17 AM) 826382749[/snapback]When you think of Mckenzie, what do you think of? UNDERDOG! and that is exactly where they need to be. The rebels play so much better with a chip on their shoulder. Believe me, some "GUYS" are gonna be suprised when Mckenzie steps on the field this year. Definetely state material and if not this year. U can almost put your money on next year. But this is now and what those boys have is some secret weapons. Look for Mckenzie to do some damage this year!

Almost immediately after the championship game we were a better team defensively. And we don't have to improve much to be better offensively. So I'm going on record saying we are better now than last yr offensively and defensively. now pitching is the question that will wait to be answered. But with all nine starters this yr having travel ball history, i would say Mckenzie is gonna be tough if they jell and come together as a team. And what more of a motivation than being defending state champs. I wish season started today. i can't wait . But all to soon it will be here and gone. good luck to all teams, and as a senior parent I say enjoy em while u can.

QUOTE(Dtime24 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:37 PM) 826382254[/snapback]ok> truth is many people think Mckenzie is going to be nothing like they were last year. But in FACT they will be stronger. Sure, they lost the stud drew hayes but guess what!! pitching isnt everything. you can have the best pitcher in the world and if you dont have a defense or offense to back him up your not going to win much. mckenzie is goona suprise alot of people!!. i mean honestly people is what yall are saying any way to talk to DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS!!miami17 is right, they do have the ring!!!!!1

I disagree with you...in a sense....pitching is everything. Lay a baseball on the mound in front of the rubber......see how long the hitter stands there waiting for the ball to jump up and get into the strike zone so he can take a hack at it. Nothing happens until the pitcher throws the ball. Then once that is set in motion, it's up to the defense to do the rest.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826382652[/snapback]Miami 17: you should know if anybody. Can bugs throw anywhere close to 90? I trust your answer.

I will answer for him. Bugs throws the ball hard, but not 90. Many people don't realize how hard 90 actually is. He is mid 80's material, which is good in high school. Many high school batters have problems with mid 80's. I would also like to comment on there defense. I have seen many comments that their defense will be better. I really don't see that, i mean for an example the new left fielder Kirk compared to B. Brown, No comparison!!! Brice could cover some ground in center last year as well. Infield will be about the same most likely, because they still have the big chief back there in D. Brown. As for pitching, the rebels will be fine with smith, kee and jones, but i keep seeing that all they had last year was hayes. Yes he was dominate, but everybody should know that you have to have a number two. Bo Brown was the number two and got big wins. Heck he shut out huntingdon once game and them boys can hit plus got a win in the state tournament. McKenzie should be fine this year on the mound, but hard to top a Hayes and Brown.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Feb 20 2007 - 05:06 PM) 826381486[/snapback]That would make that bandwagon a little easier to ride..... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

As for your comment "Childesh". The only thing i can tell you do do is to not make childesh comments if you don't want to receive childesh responses. Your little comment about not wanting to ask that question with your smart A smiley faces is pretty childesh. I will agree Miami 17, They have the rings. That is a true statement. Don't know a thing about Liberty except for the fact they don't have a ring in baseball. Who cares how long they have or haven't been around. Bottom line is you decided to make your comment, so don't get mad when people shoot back at you.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826383784[/snapback]I disagree with you...in a sense....pitching is everything. Lay a baseball on the mound in front of the rubber......see how long the hitter stands there waiting for the ball to jump up and get into the strike zone so he can take a hack at it. Nothing happens until the pitcher throws the ball. Then once that is set in motion, it's up to the defense to do the rest.

Catcher calls the pitch, then pitcher throws. It all starts will the guy behind the plate.