Congratulations Bauke Brothers

maj

At 103 Daniel came out on top with a hard fought win over a very tough, and #1 all season , Alex Manley. Manley looked unbeatable this year, besting all the top 103's in the state and a fair number from Georgia. A Bauke / Manley rivalry is sure to entertain wrestling fans for the next few years. Congratulations to both on a fine season.

At 145 big brother Josh took care of business in a workman like manner and got his well deserved first place. The only other time I saw Josh this year was when he lost a close match ( 1 point I think ) to Kelly Felix. The kid can go. Injuries have kept him out of the finals in previous years so it was nice to see him healthy for his senior season.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maj @ Feb 17 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826375812[/snapback]

At 103 Daniel came out on top with a hard fought win over a very tough, and #1 all season , Alex Manley. Manley looked unbeatable this year, besting all the top 103's in the state and a fair number from Georgia. A Bauke / Manley rivalry is sure to entertain wrestling fans for the next few years. Congratulations to both on a fine season.

At 145 big brother Josh took care of business in a workman like manner and got his well deserved first place. The only other time I saw Josh this year was when he lost a close match ( 1 point I think ) to Kelly Felix. The kid can go. Injuries have kept him out of the finals in previous years so it was nice to see him healthy for his senior season.

Congrats to both boys. I predicted it. I'm sure Mom and Dad are proud. Good luck in the future.

The Selph's

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 17 2007 - 08:10 AM) 826375817[/snapback]

Congrats to both boys. I predicted it. I'm sure Mom and Dad are proud. Good luck in the future.

The Selph's

Congratulations to Josh and Daniel! I know their NUMBER #1 FAN, their DAD, has to be extremely proud of those boys. Daniel wrestled a very good match! He will be fun to watch in the years to come.

QUOTE(maj @ Feb 17 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826375812[/snapback] A Bauke / Manley rivalry is sure to entertain wrestling fans for the next few years. Congratulations to both on a fine season.

I agree 100%. However, please don't forget about the other 8th grader that finished 3rd @ 103 - Mark Simpson. These three kids are special and it will be a treat for the TN wrestling community to watch them compete with each other for the next three - four years. The wrestling fans will definitley be the benefactors...

Congratulations to both Daniel and Josh, as well as dad... Everyone knows that Brian has logged the "miles" over the years to ensure that his boys were exposed to the best competition available. Let this be a lesson to everyone - to succeed in this sport (as well as life), you have to embrace competition, not run from it... Great job & well deserved!

QUOTE(tilt43 @ Feb 17 2007 - 11:47 AM) 826375996[/snapback]

I agree 100%. However, please don't forget about the other 8th grader that finished 3rd @ 103 - Mark Simpson. These three kids are special and it will be a treat for the TN wrestling community to watch them compete with each other for the next three - four years. The wrestling fans will definitley be the benefactors...

Congratulations to both Daniel and Josh, as well as dad... Everyone knows that Brian has logged the "miles" over the years to ensure that his boys were exposed to the best competition available. Let this be a lesson to everyone - to succeed in this sport (as well as life), you have to embrace competition, not run from it... Great job & well deserved!

Right you are. Simpson had a nice win over Bauke a couple of weeks ago. A not so gentle reminder that if you look past him you may well find yourself looking up to shake his hand on the medalist stand.

Great job in a tough weight class for young Mr Simpson.

I too will throw out my congratulations to both the Baucke brothers. I have coached against and for both kids in the past years and they are an absolute pleasure to be around. Brian has worked hard for his boys over the years but no harder than he works for all the other kids he coaches. Their parents are very, very proud as many people are. Let's also not forget the work their current coach Chris Lewis has done for them! I was able to talk to both their parents yesterday after their matches and I think both were at a lose and things hadn't quite hit them yet.

The trio of Simpson, Manley, and Baucke could be quite interesting in the next few years. I am very pleased for Josh to finally have won it, he has worked for a long time and Daniel will seek to continue his work and hopefully earn another.

QUOTE(WrestleSBA @ Feb 17 2007 - 05:27 PM) 826376662[/snapback]

I too will throw out my congratulations to both the Baucke brothers. I have coached against and for both kids in the past years and they are an absolute pleasure to be around. Brian has worked hard for his boys over the years but no harder than he works for all the other kids he coaches. Their parents are very, very proud as many people are. Let's also not forget the work their current coach Chris Lewis has done for them! I was able to talk to both their parents yesterday after their matches and I think both were at a lose and things hadn't quite hit them yet.

The trio of Simpson, Manley, and Baucke could be quite interesting in the next few years. I am very pleased for Josh to finally have won it, he has worked for a long time and Daniel will seek to continue his work and hopefully earn another.

Something the left side can be most proud of and congrats to Lewis and crew!!

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 17 2007 - 08:10 AM) 826375817[/snapback]Congrats to both boys. I predicted it. I'm sure Mom and Dad are proud. Good luck in the future.

The Selph's

You predicted this battle would be raged at the Dual's and you were there to see that it did not transpire. I would say you only predicted part of this. This would make you 50/50. You would not make much $$$ as a bettor with this type of record.

Congrat's to both Baucke's.

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826379244[/snapback]You predicted this battle would be raged at the Dual's and you were there to see that it did not transpire. I would say you only predicted part of this. This would make you 50/50. You would not make much $$$ as a bettor with this type of record.

Congrat's to both Baucke's.

Yes I was there and I saw a great match between Baucke and Simpson, and I thought Simpson might win because I know he is patient and is always two steps ahead of his opponent.

I did know that when Baucke met Manley that he'd win only because of his background with national exposure and he's always wrestled one weight class above Manley and is one year older and Manley knows this. I'm sure it was in his (Manley's) head.

Didn't matter when they met though, Baucke won anyway.... I think that makes me 100% right!!!!!!!!!! ha

Funny thing too, you saw me at State. So you who Mr. tnko is..... but I don't know who Mr. hossierdad is....... gonna have to work on that.........

I also predicted J Miller would win 103 in D1 at the first of the year too..... I'm good!!

It was great to see the Baucke brothers win this year! I know their parents are so proud. I remember the first time I met Brian and his boys when they were just little guys. It's wonderful to remember them when and see them now.

Brian - you've done a great job with your boys and so many others. Thank you for all you do for the kids in your area as well as across the state!

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:43 PM) 826379981[/snapback]Yes I was there and I saw a great match between Baucke and Simpson, and I thought Simpson might win because I know he is patient and is always two steps ahead of his opponent.

I did know that when Baucke met Manley that he'd win only because of his background with national exposure and he's always wrestled one weight class above Manley and is one year older and Manley knows this. I'm sure it was in his (Manley's) head.

Didn't matter when they met though, Baucke won anyway.... I think that makes me 100% right!!!!!!!!!! ha

Funny thing too, you saw me at State. So you who Mr. tnko is..... but I don't know who Mr. hossierdad is....... gonna have to work on that.........

I also predicted J Miller would win 103 in D1 at the first of the year too..... I'm good!!

Picking and choosing only when you are correct and believing you are correct 100% must be the Smyrna coming out in you. Your picking Manley to wrestle Baucke at the state duals would make you 100% incorrect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha Listen, go back to helping the Smyrna Bulldogs, they look like they could use all the help they can get after a stellar performance at Regionals and taking 3 wrestlers to the state.