Father Ryan vs JP2 round 3

bsktball

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(vandyfan67 @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:31 AM) 826378859[/snapback]They're young, but they have five future DI players: Anna Bowers, Emily Perkins, Nakia Lang, Jamie Allsmiller, Marie Carpenter. If anyone is going to beat them in the Middle Region, it will be Brentwood Academy, but I think Ensworth will get them in a close one.

That brings up an interesting question. Has any team EVER had 5 Division I players on the same team?

QUOTE(vandyfan67 @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:31 AM) 826378859[/snapback]They're young, but they have five future DI players: Anna Bowers, Emily Perkins, Nakia Lang, Jamie Allsmiller, Marie Carpenter. If anyone is going to beat them in the Middle Region, it will be Brentwood Academy, but I think Ensworth will get them in a close one.

First to the original post. Anything can happen with these two teams. I would hope that JPII winning the two previous games by a combined 45 points and playing at home would make JPII the favorite. But I don't expect JPII to shoot lights out in the first half like last game when the game was over at halftime. However just look in the paper and see higher seeds getting beat. (White House girls, Gallatin boys both #1)

Now to this post. Coach Pack does a tremendous job and Ensworth has played their 2-3 zone to a #2 seed. They overcame a 12 pt deficit at JPII and should've beaten BA at home. I don't expect them to win the tourney as their man to man offense isn't good and they aren't good against pressure. Plus they have no offensive presence inside. It's hard to live on the 3. As far as the kids, allsmiller has the best shot as a d1 player. Bowers possibly NAIA or D2. The other 3 are juco or D2 but are young and could develop more. Hard for a college to see you play only 2-3 zone and no man D. All seem to be nice kids and have good attitudes. Will be a good tournament since all top teams are so equal.

i do not see 5 division 1 players on ensworth. I think they have a shot at getting to state but will probably fold under the pressure due to the youth of their team and reliance on the three. 5 DI players would not fold. But I guess we shall see... good luck to them, they are an impressive bunch...

Personally I am more interested in this first round game tonight between Father Ryan and JP2...At Jp2, where Father Ryan girls have never won, against a team that beat them by about 30 at their last meeting, can the Father Ryan girls pull it through? If so, I think they will be off to the races... what do you all think?

QUOTE(bsktball @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:06 PM) 826378395[/snapback]Round three of the Father Ryan JP2 match up? Who is going to take it? Can JP2 beat Father Ryan for a third straight time? Father Ryan has never won at JP2 os so OI have heard. Opinions anyone? What about any other D2 teams?

no contest as JPII was up 33 at half and cruised to an easy 59-36 win. Harpeth Hall squeaks by #6 BGA on last second shot. JPII and BA in one semi, HH and Ensworth in other. Should be good games as all are capable of beating each other.

QUOTE(bsktball @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826379116[/snapback]i do not see 5 division 1 players on ensworth. I think they have a shot at getting to state but will probably fold under the pressure due to the youth of their team and reliance on the three. 5 DI players would not fold. But I guess we shall see... good luck to them, they are an impressive bunch...

Personally I am more interested in this first round game tonight between Father Ryan and JP2...At Jp2, where Father Ryan girls have never won, against a team that beat them by about 30 at their last meeting, can the Father Ryan girls pull it through? If so, I think they will be off to the races... what do you all think?

They must have not heard the starters gun (whistle). Down 39-6 at the half, are you kidding me. They should thank JPII for putting them out of their misery and getting this season over with.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826380116[/snapback]no contest as JPII was up 33 at half and cruised to an easy 59-36 win. Harpeth Hall squeaks by #6 BGA on last second shot. JPII and BA in one semi, HH and Ensworth in other. Should be good games as all are capable of beating each other.

When are the semi's and finals for this tournament and where is it being played?

QUOTE(elitebball @ Feb 20 2007 - 04:13 AM) 826380596[/snapback]When are the semi's and finals for this tournament and where is it being played?

Semis are wednesday at Ryan. JPII-BA at 6:00, Ensworth-Harpeth Hall at 7:30. Championship and consolation on Saturday with top 3 going to the state tourney.