D-I 125 was a roller coaster

locreapin119

QUOTE(locreapin119 @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:07 PM) 826378400[/snapback]No placed where they were predicted. Some who were predicted to place high didn't even place at all. This was a crazy weight class to watch!

When we watched Cory up in Kentucky, we knew and expected that he would contend for the title. Don't know what happened against Bradley but the other matches he looked great. David went to another level after he beat Caleb Myers.IMHO

QUOTE(bamafan125 @ Feb 18 2007 - 11:27 PM) 826378610[/snapback]Props to Rhea County wrestler Jacob Henley. He exceeded alot of expectations set for him in the tournament.

bamafan125, Jacob Henley is a beast. Jonathan didn't wrestle very well that night against him but he wrestles the same style we do and it wasn't pretty. Jacob and Christian Rudas gave us our worst beating and JT wrestled them all accept for Alexander. We could do somethings with most but Jacob really handed it to us. I know he just got caught in the finals. David is very physical also so sometimes things like that can happen when you have two aggresive wrestlers going at it. Jacob will be tough to beat next year as well. JT lead Ortiz 4-3 in the third but we couldn't hold on and we new Alred was going to be tuff, he led Ortiz until the final 30 seconds. I said at the midway point 125 was going to be tuff because there was not one or two truly dominating wrestlers like you had at 19 and 30.

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:09 AM) 826378690[/snapback]bamafan125, Jacob Henley is a beast. Jonathan didn't wrestle very well that night against him but he wrestles the same style we do and it wasn't pretty. Jacob and Christian Rudas gave us our worst beating and JT wrestled them all accept for Alexander. We could do somethings with most but Jacob really handed it to us. I know he just got caught in the finals. David is very physical also so sometimes things like that can happen when you have two aggresive wrestlers going at it. Jacob will be tough to beat next year as well. JT lead Ortiz 4-3 in the third but we couldn't hold on and we new Alred was going to be tuff, he led Ortiz until the final 30 seconds. I said at the midway point 125 was going to be tuff because there was not one or two truly dominating wrestlers like you had at 19 and 30.

Henley is truly a beast. He's a cousin to someone on our team, and I've talked with him a good bit here and there.

It's great to hear JT did well at the tournament. I didn't get to catch any of the tournament until the finals, but I kept up with his matches on TSSAA.org. What weight is he looking at next year?

QUOTE(bamafan125 @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:11 AM) 826378694[/snapback]Henley is truly a beast. He's a cousin to someone on our team, and I've talked with him a good bit here and there.

It's great to hear JT did well at the tournament. I didn't get to catch any of the tournament until the finals, but I kept up with his matches on TSSAA.org. What weight is he looking at next year?

We just finished lifting weights, and he weighs around 135, We want to gain about 10 pounds of muscle so that puts us right at 35.

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:15 AM) 826378702[/snapback]We just finished lifting weights, and he weighs around 135, We want to gain about 10 pounds of muscle so that puts us right at 35.

That's exactly my plan. I hope to see ya'll next year at 135. I haven't decided yet though. Me and Coach are gonna discuss it, and see how much we want me to bulk up and see what weight I wanna go. I am planning 135 as of now. I'll probably be wrestling that throughout the summer too.

QUOTE(bamafan125 @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:20 AM) 826378708[/snapback]That's exactly my plan. I hope to see ya'll next year at 135. I haven't decided yet though. Me and Coach are gonna discuss it, and see how much we want me to bulk up and see what weight I wanna go. I am planning 135 as of now. I'll probably be wrestling that throughout the summer too.

AAU open tournament at Father Ryan March 10th, will probably go 131. I let him decide what weight he's going. He is the one that has to cut it not me.

Nice. I have a baseball game that weekend. I didn't notice it on the schedule until my mom pointed it out. It tore me up. But I should be able to go to one of the AAU tournaments on March 17th. And seeing as you are an old Red Bank Lion, what year did you graduate? My dad was a former Lion and a wrestler at that. Never know how small the world is til you ask.

QUOTE(bamafan125 @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:37 AM) 826378743[/snapback]Nice. I have a baseball game that weekend. I didn't notice it on the schedule until my mom pointed it out. It tore me up. But I should be able to go to one of the AAU tournaments on March 17th. And seeing as you are an old Red Bank Lion, what year did you graduate? My dad was a former Lion and a wrestler at that. Never know how small the world is til you ask.

1989, My brothers graduated in 91 and 93. Tell your dad to come by the wrestling room. We let old alums in and their children. JT was ready made, I got him when he was 2. Hence the last name difference. Two others training to be like their big brother. Well maybe one, the baby I have to bribe. The baby weighs 150#

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:43 AM) 826378752[/snapback]1989, My brothers graduated in 91 and 93. Tell your dad to come by the wrestling room. We let old alums in and their children. JT was ready made, I got him when he was 2. Hence the last name difference. Two others training to be like their big brother. Well maybe one, the baby I have to bribe. The baby weighs 150#

Ahh. My dad was a little earlier in 72. But he's a dentist down in Red Bank and sees different wrestlers and wrestling coaches from many schools. Gimme a shout if the room is open anytime during the summer for open mat, would love to stop by. My dad tried to get me to wrestle for the longest time and I didn't listen until last year, but then my season got cut short only 8 matches in with a broken wrist, so this year was basically my first year. I got a twin brother that had a taste of wrestling, but didn't want to put the time it took to become a true wrestler, so he got out early the summer we both started.

QUOTE(bamafan125 @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:11 AM) 826378694[/snapback]Henley is truly a beast. He's a cousin to someone on our team, and I've talked with him a good bit here and there.

Yes Jacob Henley is a beast and more than anything he is the hardest working guy i have every seen and i was on the team with him and in the finals he was very nervous and it just got into his a lil bit i think but he goes into every match whether he is picked to win or not with the mindset that im going to win. A big part of the reason he is sucessfull is because he works so hard this is the guy who would choose to wrestle with me at practice because i was 160 and he needed to work on wrestling a stronger wrestler and the guy that would run 2-3 miles after a hard practice because he didnt think he got enough work in at practice. He was also choosen as a captain this year as a junior along with Hunter Daniel (4th), myself, and another senior because he shows tremendous leadership on and off the mat and works extremly hard in the classroom and on the mats so when you think of Jacob Henley as a beast remember he is a beast in all aspects not just on the mat.