15AAA Tournament

philtenn

In the first semi today, White Station defeated Wooddale 53-52. Thanks to Deja Foster, Wooddale put on a furious comeback from 13 down but fell short. In the second semi, Houston lost to Ridgeway. Houston had their chances but could not convert on free throws. Rhonda Webb led the scoring for White Station with 16 and Kaitlin Murphy put in 15. White Station and Ridgeway will play in the final at Houston on Wed. at 6 PM.

QUOTE(philtenn @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:38 PM) 826379962[/snapback]In the first semi today, White Station defeated Wooddale 53-52. Thanks to Deja Foster, Wooddale put on a furious comeback from 13 down but fell short. In the second semi, Houston lost to Ridgeway. Houston had their chances but could not convert on free throws. Rhonda Webb led the scoring for White Station with 16 and Kaitlin Murphy put in 13. White Station and Ridgeway will play in the final at Houston on Wed. at 6 PM.

Wow! A lot of folks (me included) had counted Ridgeway down and out. Philtenn, which of the teams coming out of 15-AAA do you think has at least an even chance against the teams coming out of 16-AAA. I definitely would not want to be the # 4 seed out of 15-AAA. Whoever they have to go against will be primed and ready. You can count on that.

QUOTE(hedgehog @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:43 PM) 826379979[/snapback]Wow! A lot of folks (me included) had counted Ridgeway down and out. Philtenn, which of the teams coming out of 15-AAA do you think has at least an even chance against the teams coming out of 16-AAA. I definitely would not want to be the # 4 seed out of 15-AAA. Whoever they have to go against will be primed and ready. You can count on that.

Believe me, nobody I know in 15AAA has written off Ridgeway. They are a very dangerous team and could take it all the way to state.

I guess you can decide whether any 15AAA teams have a 50% chance against 16AAA. White Station played Northside, East, and Melrose this season. Lost to Northside and East both. But against Northside it was very close (no more than 5 point difference either way) all game until WSHS had to foul at the end (47-55). East had a double digit (12 point) win over WSHS but that hides the fact that it was only a 2-4 point difference in much of the 4th quarter. WSHS beat Melrose 51-42.

Ridgeway beat Melrose 64-53 and lost to East by only 7, 54-61. Wooddale beat Melrose 55-53. Houston beat Central 53-47 and then lost to Central 36-39.

15AAA's won-loss record against 16AAA is not impressive. But in none of the games could you say 16AAA dominated 15AAA teams. Is that a 50% chance? Your call.

QUOTE(philtenn @ Feb 20 2007 - 06:36 AM) 826380614[/snapback]Anybody trying to predict might want to add to the mix this confusing fact: East beat Melrose last night by 4. Melrose has been beaten by the top 4 15AAA teams and East trounced them earlier in the season.

It is DEFINITELY going to be interesting to see who makes it out of west Tennessee to murfreesboro in AAA.