Region 5A Who do you have?

11Awatcher

Region 5A Tournament:

Houston Co. at Forrest- its that time of year where forrest will roll on to the sub state. Forrest by 25

McEwen at MTCS- wow these two teams are very similar with their post play. could be best game of the opening round. McEwen by 3

Van Buren at East Robertson- Van Buren's speed will give East Robertson fits. VB by 10

Eagleville at White House-Heritage- I have no idea! Eagleville beat Houston Co. near Christmas. I think Houston Co. was healthy then. So the upset is very possible.

Who do you have winning and by how many points?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...... I think Forrest handles Houston by 16, McEwen in a close one with MTCS, but MTCS gets by with a 2 point victory, I also think VB will take East Robertson by 5. I am going for a sweep by District 9, Eagleville will have their hands full with White House Heritage but will get the upset by 6!!!! Come on District 9A!!!!!

Aunt kim you really think 9A will sweep all of 10 A. ha!!! you know the old theory" any game on any night anyone can win", I think applies here. So anyway here goes my predictions. I have not seen any of the 9A teams in action this season....so any analogy of the teams by those who have seen em would be appreciated.(esp Eagleville)

Houston Co. VS Forrest: Forrest wins this one, Houston Co has a starting senior player out with a hand injury, she prob avg. close to a double double most games( pts -rebounds) so forrest will handle them. Just like last yr. Houston Co can shoot the rock though so be wary, one girl had 6 threes in the last game.

Forrest wins by 16 pts or more.

McEwen VS MTCS: This will be a good game, McEwen can shoot well from outside and inside, they handle the ball well,don't commit to many turnovers. This team has an inate ability to score in clutch situations so if it is close in the end I would give McEwen the nod. Tall all-around players too.

McEwen wins by 4.

East Robertson VS Van Buren: So Van buren is fast? East can most likely hang with em...east is HARD to beat at home they shoot deadly there. This will be an advantage for The Lady Indians. Van Buren will have to bring the A game to Cross Plains in order to win. Looks like Van Buren Co. has scored in the 50's most games this season but have not played any of the same teams East has.

I will split on this one....Van Buren Co by 2 or East Robertson by 12 or 14 pts if they are hot, no kiddin.

White House-Heritage VS Eagleville: The Lady Patriots are a team that is peaking right now ! They have played several AAA teams this yr and had several "Away" losses early. Heritage has only lost one game at home this season to McEwen the last game of the season by 2 pts at the buzzer,they are 10-4 since Christmas. So having the home court is a definate advantage for them. Eagleville did beat Houston Co after a 7 day rest , Houston Co. had played the night before, so who know if that is a guage. (It was 41-36 at Eagleville) I believe that White House Heritage takes this first Regional game to the bank with a win. by 6 pts.

GO LADY PATRIOTS !!!

Good analysis NeWbLuE! I have not seen any teams in District 10 play so this was an interesting read. I was basing my Eagleville/White House- Heritage prediction on the fact that they beat Houston Co. and my heart ( I know..... not very scientific lol). Will tell you that it really seems like Eagleville, VB and MTCS all have picked their game up a notch or two and anything can happen particularly at tournament time as we are all aware!!!! Good luck to your teams in 10A and stay injury free.....and let's play some basketball!!!!!! GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!

QUOTE(NeWbLuE @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826380873[/snapback]Aunt kim you really think 9A will sweep all of 10 A. ha!!! you know the old theory" any game on any night anyone can win", I think applies here. So anyway here goes my predictions. I have not seen any of the 9A teams in action this season....so any analogy of the teams by those who have seen em would be appreciated.(esp Eagleville)

Houston Co. VS Forrest: Forrest wins this one, Houston Co has a starting senior player out with a hand injury, she prob avg. close to a double double most games( pts -rebounds) so forrest will handle them. Just like last yr. Houston Co can shoot the rock though so be wary, one girl had 6 threes in the last game.

McEwen VS MTCS: This will be a good game, McEwen can shoot well from outside and inside, they handle the ball well,don't commit to many turnovers. This team has an inate ability to score in clutch situations so if it is close in the end I would give McEwen the nod. Tall all-around players too.

McEwen wins by 4.

East Robertson VS Van Buren: So Van buren is fast? East can most likely hang with em...east is HARD to beat at home they shoot deadly there. This will be an advantage for The Lady Indians. Van Buren will have to bring the A game to Cross Plains in order to win. Looks like Van Buren Co. has scored in the 50's most games this season but have not played any of the same teams East has.

I will split on this one....Van Buren Co by 2 or East Robertson by 12 or 14 pts if they are hot, no kiddin.

White House-Heritage VS Eagleville: The Lady Patriots are a team that is peaking right now ! They have played several AAA teams this yr and had several "Away" losses early. Heritage has only lost one game at home this season to McEwen the last game of the season by 2 pts at the buzzer,they are 10-4 since Christmas. So having the home court is a definate advantage for them. Eagleville did beat Houston Co after a 7 day rest , Houston Co. had played the night before, so who know if that is a guage. (It was 41-36 at Eagleville) I believe that White House Heritage takes this first Regional game to the bank with a win. by 6 pts.

GO LADY PATRIOTS !!!

Van Buren will beat East. They are actuallt a 2 seeded team that got upset in their tournament. They are very good. I see McEwen and Heritage as the 2 teams who will win. I think it will be a split. Good luck to all district 10 teams I hope its a sweep for us but I doubt it.

QUOTE(allregionpatriot#3 @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826380934[/snapback]Van Buren will beat East. They are actuallt a 2 seeded team that got upset in their tournament. They are very good. I see McEwen and Heritage as the 2 teams who will win. I think it will be a split. Good luck to all district 10 teams I hope its a sweep for us but I doubt it.

Van Buren's pressure will hurt East Rob. I watched East Rob and i dont know if they can handle the ball pressure of VB. It will be a great game to watch.

QUOTE(NeWbLuE @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826380873[/snapback]Aunt kim you really think 9A will sweep all of 10 A. ha!!! you know the old theory" any game on any night anyone can win", I think applies here. So anyway here goes my predictions. I have not seen any of the 9A teams in action this season....so any analogy of the teams by those who have seen em would be appreciated.(esp Eagleville)

McEwen wins by 4.

GO LADY PATRIOTS !!!

I'm going with NewBlue's predictions here,very well spoke out.

Anything can happen,on any floor,anytime,on any given night. 9A cant possibly sweep 10A just like that Aunt Kim,unless of course you havent been to WH to see WH-Heritage play lately,or down on the countryside of Cross Plains,for the Lady Indians,come get some film,YOU might change your mind.

To 10A

GO PATRIOTS

GO INDIANS

QUOTE(auntkim @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:22 AM) 826380635[/snapback]Well...... I think Forrest handles Houston by 16, McEwen in a close one with MTCS, but MTCS gets by with a 2 point victory, I also think VB will take East Robertson by 5. I am going for a sweep by District 9, Eagleville will have their hands full with White House Heritage but will get the upset by 6!!!! Come on District 9A!!!!!

District 10A is one of the weakest class A districts (no offense). There is a very good chance all

4 teams will be gone from District 10A after the 1st round. I see Forrest and MTCS in the finals.

MTCS beat VB 2 out of 3 games this year so I don't think that's an upset. Both teams Forrest and MTCS) will lose in

sectional game (1st round of state). Forrest may win in the sectional depending on their matchup. Good luck to all teams!

QUOTE(MaroonManiac @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826382578[/snapback]I'm going with NewBlue's predictions here,very well spoke out.

Anything can happen,on any floor,anytime,on any given night. 9A cant possibly sweep 10A just like that Aunt Kim,unless of course you havent been to WH to see WH-Heritage play lately,or down on the countryside of Cross Plains,for the Lady Indians,come get some film,YOU might change your mind.

To 10A

GO PATRIOTS

GO INDIANS

I do not think it will be easy for 9A to sweep, I really don't think Eagleville can take White House Heritage, but I was hoping so. I do believe it will be 2 tight games that can go either way in the MTCS matchup with McEwen and the E Robertson, VB game. Forrest should have the easiest time because Houston I hear has lost one of their best players, I hope she is recovering well, although I don't know her injury, was it her hand? As you stated anything can happen and usually does come this time of year.......Good luck to your teams in 10A...looking forward to seeing some great games!!!!!