Funny moments from State

RMC

Watching the reaction of the coaches and referees when Coach Tiller pulled out his cell phone and showed them the picture of Coach Ramos........the one of him balled up in the back hallway before they took him to the hospital. (Cliff Ramos suffered from a bout with kidney stones.)

Taylor Knapp's newspaper quote, after winning the state championship, about Coach Ramos: "I know he wishes he could have been here, but I'll let it go this time."

And one I'll never forget.......when a coach asked Bud Hennebaul if he had ever wrestled. Bud answered....."A little."

Watching color blind Coach Ramos and one of our color blind wrestlers try to figure out which band was green. Thanks to Coach Tiller for getting the red band off the wrestler and the green one on him. (Our singlets are green)

The classic line by a referee after the discussion about the stalling call put on the kid for praying. The comment was made, "Do we want to pi$$ off the coach by telling him the kid can't pray or what"? The referee's comment back was, "I could care less what that coach wants, I'm not pi$$ing off GOD, on my mat he can Pray".

When Dean Pavlou won state, he picked the coaches & hugged them. When his Dad came down to "hug" him, I guess he decided that he would pick up Dean. He did, but when he got him up, He had to put him down due to a muscle strain in his back. He grabbed his back & grimmaced. Funny moment during a nice lil' celebration.

The funniest thing I saw was when Lettner had Coffey on his back, and the Soddy coach (I believe it was Steve Henry, someone can verify) had his face pressed on the mat trying to see both shoulder blades. Along with most everyone in the arena, he was waiting for the pin to come any second, but it never did, and he was ready to jump out of his shoes for nearly a minute. It was pretty funny to me, and I love to see coaches show some enthusiasm for their kids.

QUOTE(best_of_the_west @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:39 PM) 826382907[/snapback]The funniest thing I saw was when Lettner had Coffey on his back, and the Soddy coach (I believe it was Steve Henry, someone can verify) had his face pressed on the mat trying to see both shoulder blades. Along with most everyone in the arena, he was waiting for the pin to come any second, but it never did, and he was ready to jump out of his shoes for nearly a minute. It was pretty funny to me, and I love to see coaches show some enthusiasm for their kids.

At the same time how about Shane Turner hoping around like his feet were on fire and then raising his hand to signal a pin. Definitely not a knock on Shane though... I have been known to get the same way and there is no beating his enthusiasm. But a few people in the stands around me definitely got a kick out of it.

QUOTE(WrestleSBA @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:52 PM) 826382936[/snapback]At the same time how about Shane Turner hoping around like his feet were on fire and then raising his hand to signal a pin. Definitely not a knock on Shane though... I have been known to get the same way and there is no beating his enthusiasm. But a few people in the stands around me definitely got a kick out of it.

I thought it was awesome! It's not everyday that one of your guys gets a monster like Coffey on his back.

QUOTE(DD4tnvols @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:20 AM) 826382338[/snapback]When Dean Pavlou won state, he picked the coaches & hugged them. When his Dad came down to "hug" him, I guess he decided that he would pick up Dean. He did, but when he got him up, He had to put him down due to a muscle strain in his back. He grabbed his back & grimmaced. Funny moment during a nice lil' celebration.

while still on the lettner/coffey thing how bout post match dad running onto the mat. the centennial coach i guess tried to tell Coffey's dad to get him off the mat and Courtney's dad jumped at the Cent. coach. the coach backed away real fast.

was pretty funny after Jabo (Josh Jadoobersingh) won when he came up to the stands lee varnell asked if he was gonna go eat now, he said, "nah, im gonna go find a place to sleep" we didn't see him again until the medal ceremony

QUOTE(CoachBray @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:07 PM) 826383432[/snapback]I thought it was awesome! It's not everyday that one of your guys gets a monster like Coffey on his back.

QUOTE(Blood Sweat & Tears @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:20 PM) 826383444[/snapback]I'd say 90% or more of the people in that arena wanted to see Coffey get pinned. It was priceless seeing the Soddy coach jumpin all over the corner. He looked like a kid on christmas morning.

Absolutely! No knock on Coffey but it was great to see Shane so excited for Matt. Blood Sweat & Tears, I think you said it perfectly, Shane did look like a kid on Christmas morning. That is what you hope to see out of every coach!