HOT NEWS ON COACHING CHANGES

coachtcyclone

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dick vitale @ Feb 24 2007 - 01:27 AM) 826386943[/snapback]Barb,

I've read a ton of your post. One shouldn't throw stones in a glass house..........

So you think its ok to post a bunch of rumors about coaches bailing on programs right before regionals without caring that the kids read this stuff?

QUOTE(quietmouse @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:02 PM) 826386484[/snapback]No - we are not talking about practicing medicine we are talking about being a teacher in Carter County. Do you know anything about Alternitive licensing?

Do any of you know how to get on the Tennesse Department of Education website and search for a teacher's certification - this site will tell you exactly who is certified and what area. It's very simple. Look for yourself and see just who teaches on an alternative certificate and who doesn't. You will be surprised. Look for yourself!!! Even parents can check to see if their child's teacher is certified to teach the subject area and if they are highly qualified. NCLB!!!! Remember

QUOTE(ballinbabe @ Feb 24 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826387092[/snapback]Do any of you know how to get on the Tennesse Department of Education website and search for a teacher's certification - this site will tell you exactly who is certified and what area. It's very simple. Look for yourself and see just who teaches on an alternative certificate and who doesn't. You will be surprised. Look for yourself!!! Even parents can check to see if their child's teacher is certified to teach the subject area and if they are highly qualified. NCLB!!!! Remember

I am sorry, but I cannot keep quiet any more. I am so sick of carter county and elizabethton. There is no interest in the children anymore. It's all about a power trip. Flexing political muscles to be able to say 'you go someone their job'. In my line of work (as with most jobs in this world), if you do not have the educational background or the certification to do a job, you are not hired. "Sorry, but go back to school" is always the response. Teachers/coaches who are not perfessional enough to get the certification required to teach are not perfessional enough to coach. I am very serious about my career. It appears that some teachers/coaches are not serious about their careers. Wake up state board of education!!!!! It is time to get rid of the dead wood. It is time to mandate that ALL teachers (INCLUDING COACHES) be certified to teach in this state and that they meet the requirements for 'highly qualified'. It is time to get back to doing what is best for the children.

By the way, I have a daughter. This business at Hampton High scares the crap out of me. It could easily be my daughter. Something must be done about this guy. I don't care if the communication was 'innocent' or not. The issue is that he is an adult and the 'freshman' girl he was in contact with was NOT!!!!! He has no business talking with any student about his 'personal' life. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826382447[/snapback]NEWS FLASH JUST IN-

I heard this morning that Daniel Boone Girls Head Coach and former Hampton player, Tim Campbell will be the new Boys Basketball Coach at Hampton High.My source says that Campbell is far enough removed to not be an insider that would be tied to their problems but still a DAWG!

This person said that Leon Tolley does not want the job and if Len Dugger goes to Eliz,Tolley will be the JV Coach and varsity asst!

Wow,good news for Hampton and Betsy,both will prosper with these two guys!

I would bet that if Tim gets the job,older brother JR, who is Principal at Little Milligan would be an asst,again a win,win situation for Hampton,JR is a former DAWG asst and former Johnson Co Head Coach.

That would leave, WHO to take over at Hampton for the girls.That too may be in the works,I understand that a certain RANGER dad isnt pleased with Kenneth Chambers and may have the votes to make a change,if so, look for Cahmbers to be moved from Unaka to Hampton as Girls Head Coach!

WOW!!!

Also,I hear that Betsy Girls Coach Larry Weems is interested in going into Adm and may give up coaching,sad because he is a very good coach and has loads of talent from fresh to junior class!

Who would take the Betsy job?

Again, if dugger doesnt get the Boys job,look for Leon Tolley to come to Eliz as Girls coach!

Give me your thoughts!

krich,starman where are you when I need you?

If Len Dugger goes back to Elizabethton with the history his has with that program, he's a better man than I. That said, Len Dugger would be an asset to Elizabethton, Hampton, or any other school that may pick him up. He was at Elizabethton when I was there, and I will tell you, he was good for that program and for the students that played under him. Just take a look at the kind of men that developed under his programs. The Len Dugger legacy lives on through them.

First and foremost, evryone is lining up canditates for a job that is not open. If the job does come open, I've always heard Elizabethton tries to fill their teaching and coacing vacancies from within. If that is true Len dugger may be the only one in the system with any interest, maybe the Jacobs gut at TAD. My thing is Len Dugger or some one outside the system, maybe a Tony Gordon or a Donald Ensor. If the job is posted there may be 40 applicants, guess everyone needs to wiat and see if there is an opening.

QUOTE(knownobasketball @ Feb 24 2007 - 12:08 PM) 826387163[/snapback]If Len Dugger goes back to Elizabethton with the history his has with that program, he's a better man than I. That said, Len Dugger would be an asset to Elizabethton, Hampton, or any other school that may pick him up. He was at Elizabethton when I was there, and I will tell you, he was good for that program and for the students that played under him. Just take a look at the kind of men that developed under his programs. The Len Dugger legacy lives on through them.

QUOTE(quietmouse @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:02 PM) 826386484[/snapback]No - we are not talking about practicing medicine we are talking about being a teacher in Carter County. Do you know anything about Alternitive licensing?

Alternative licensing is to be used while a teacher is obtaining certification or for people teaching technical classes not requiring degrees. It is a means to certification, not a substitute.

QUOTE(knownobasketball @ Feb 24 2007 - 10:43 AM) 826387140[/snapback]I am sorry, but I cannot keep quiet any more. I am so sick of carter county and elizabethton. There is no interest in the children anymore. It's all about a power trip. Flexing political muscles to be able to say 'you go someone their job'. In my line of work (as with most jobs in this world), if you do not have the educational background or the certification to do a job, you are not hired. "Sorry, but go back to school" is always the response. Teachers/coaches who are not perfessional enough to get the certification required to teach are not perfessional enough to coach. I am very serious about my career. It appears that some teachers/coaches are not serious about their careers. Wake up state board of education!!!!! It is time to get rid of the dead wood. It is time to mandate that ALL teachers (INCLUDING COACHES) be certified to teach in this state and that they meet the requirements for 'highly qualified'. It is time to get back to doing what is best for the children.

By the way, I have a daughter. This business at Hampton High scares the crap out of me. It could easily be my daughter. Something must be done about this guy. I don't care if the communication was 'innocent' or not. The issue is that he is an adult and the 'freshman' girl he was in contact with was NOT!!!!! He has no business talking with any student about his 'personal' life. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really shows how much you do not know. Alternative license is for people that have a degree, but need a few classes to be certified in a certain subject. If you have not checked lately, people are not exactly knocking down the door to be a teacher. It is hard to find someone certified for some classes because there is simply not enough people to teach all of these subjects. There are people trying to fill these positions but need the extra classes to be certified, that is why the state allows them to have an alternative license for three years to become certified. As far as coaches go, the state has nothing to do with athletics!!! TSSAA says a principal can hire anyone to be a coach even a non teacher!!! It would be nice if every teacher was highly qualified and every coach, but the truth is there are not enough people for either job to fill all of the positions. I do not get on here or any newspaper and gripe about your profession, so stop griping about teachers.

QUOTE(Courtside @ Feb 24 2007 - 06:30 PM) 826387493[/snapback]This really shows how much you do not know. Alternative license is for people that have a degree, but need a few classes to be certified in a certain subject. If you have not checked lately, people are not exactly knocking down the door to be a teacher. It is hard to find someone certified for some classes because there is simply not enough people to teach all of these subjects. There are people trying to fill these positions but need the extra classes to be certified, that is why the state allows them to have an alternative license for three years to become certified. As far as coaches go, the state has nothing to do with athletics!!! TSSAA says a principal can hire anyone to be a coach even a non teacher!!! It would be nice if every teacher was highly qualified and every coach, but the truth is there are not enough people for either job to fill all of the positions. I do not get on here or any newspaper and gripe about your profession, so stop griping about teachers.

Well I cant prove this because I am not part of the "click" nor do I want to be, but from what I understand there are plenty of applicants even ones with masters degrees standing in line for a teaching position in carter county. Yeah and your are exactly right - they have 3 years to become certified so why do we have teachers that have taught for at least 6 yrs and still arent certified???? Explain that to me, teacher?

QUOTE(quietmouse @ Feb 24 2007 - 08:14 PM) 826387581[/snapback]Well I cant prove this because I am not part of the "click" nor do I want to be, but from what I understand there are plenty of applicants even ones with masters degrees standing in line for a teaching position in carter county. Yeah and your are exactly right - they have 3 years to become certified so why do we have teachers that have taught for at least 6 yrs and still arent certified???? Explain that to me, teacher?

"click" is spelled clique.