White House High School

timbdp

One.. Eric Hudgins graduated and they will likely have a pretty good soph. filling his shoes at second base. They are a young team with only 2 seniors and many juniors playing for the first time. They lost 6 seniors and six position players. Miller has been starting since his soph year at short stop and Maquis Merritt will continue to progress behind the plate. The pitching is some of the best in the mid-state. Cody Midgett is a fantastic JR who will be the #1 with Cory Collins as the #2. Besides those two, they have some depth but not much on the mound. Miller will try to pitch but is coming off arm surgery, and Justin Randolph needs to continue to put speed on his fastball. Overall, the team is a young team but don't let the scrimmages mean much. WH usually plays a tough schedule against many AAA schools.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigMonstaNwh @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826402062[/snapback]One.. Eric Hudgins graduated and they will likely have a pretty good soph. filling his shoes at second base. They are a young team with only 2 seniors and many juniors playing for the first time. They lost 6 seniors and six position players. Miller has been starting since his soph year at short stop and Maquis Merritt will continue to progress behind the plate. The pitching is some of the best in the mid-state. Cody Midgett is a fantastic JR who will be the #1 with Cory Collins as the #2. Besides those two, they have some depth but not much on the mound. Miller will try to pitch but is coming off arm surgery, and Justin Randolph needs to continue to put speed on his fastball. Overall, the team is a young team but don't let the scrimmages mean much. WH usually plays a tough schedule against many AAA schools.

I have no doubt that WH is a good program. They have a great facility and do a good job with the little things that make a program top notch. Having said that, however, I must take issue with one statement you made in your post. While Midgett and Collins are good pitchers, they are not the best two in their district, let alone the mid-state. You might remember Logan Darnell who no-hit your team at your place last season. You might also remember his teammate, Ross Moffitt, who also did not give up a hit for four innings and got the win. These two have already signed DI scholarship papers and should be considered the best duo in the mid-state.

QUOTE(fanman33 @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:50 PM) 826402159[/snapback]I have no doubt that WH is a good program. They have a great facility and do a good job with the little things that make a program top notch. Having said that, however, I must take issue with one statement you made in your post. While Midgett and Collins are good pitchers, they are not the best two in their district, let alone the mid-state. You might remember Logan Darnell who no-hit your team at your place last season. You might also remember his teammate, Ross Moffitt, who also did not give up a hit for four innings and got the win. These two have already signed DI scholarship papers and should be considered the best duo in the mid-state.

No I def. did not forget about Darnell... Moffitt.. I'll give it to him that he did good against us but he's not that good. I would probably give them the best duo in midstate just because of Darnell and Moffitt being a better than average pitcher. I didn't say THE best in the mid state, I said some of the best pitchers. Just wondering what D1 School signed Moffitt. I know Darnell is headin to UK. Smart move choosing them over Vandy by the way. Goodpasture again will likely win the district and have another shot at getting to state. If White House is smart they will let Collins throw against Darnell and Midgett against Moffitt because with Darnell and Midgett expect some scoreless innings.

Moffitt signed with Belmont in the early signing period. He was 9-0 with a very low ERA last year. He not only did well against White House last season, he did well against everyone. He has a state tournament win each of the last two seasons. I don't know about scoreless innings vs. the Cougars. It will be a rare occasion when Midgett or anyone else holds them scoreless for very long.