Richland vs Summertown

meg25

QUOTE(BLUESTREAK @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:23 PM) 826388795[/snapback]yes but with the talent that was on that team the pricipal of the school could have led them to a 30-3 season...and for you to make this comment you must not have been at the game friday night or you would know what we're talking about.

who is we? your the only one complaining about the coach

QUOTE(BLUESTREAK @ Feb 25 2007 - 06:47 PM) 826389060[/snapback]If the coaching is all under control why did the #1 team in the state go 1 n done in the region???

Summertown is a good team, possibly?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BLUESTREAK @ Feb 25 2007 - 06:34 PM) 826389046[/snapback]Well Richland should have been playing teams from 12A in the first place instead of so many teams in Alabama where Hall played the weak teams he knew he could beat to make himself look good

Well I sure don't know who you are bluestreak, wish I did, but I sure do love you!!

QUOTE(Afterlife @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:17 PM) 826389113[/snapback]who is we? your the only one complaining about the coach

Summertown is a good team, possibly?

we as in the richland fans who saw how coach hall messed up.....i wasn't trying to take anything away from summertown they r a great team even w/out 2 of their starters and that just goes to show how good a coach they have over there.

QUOTE(rareedition @ Feb 25 2007 - 06:34 PM) 826389044[/snapback]What exactly do you think the coach should have done??? If I remember correctly, his 1st sub off the bench had about 5 or 6 turnovers and one of his starters missed several layups! Think everything would have worked out just great if these two things didn't take place!!

By the way, "pricipal" is correctly spelled PRINCIPAL!!!

This game could be disected many ways.

There is some truth to there being a learning curve for coaches, as well as for players. When you get into playoff games and elimination games, the coaching changes. I think Summertown's coach has been there more times than Coach Hall. That was an advantage for Summertown.

All that being said, we had a chance to win in the end and the shot did not fall. Did everyone see the shot Bell made to tie the game at 52. That was a big time pressure shot. She has really grown as a player.

Good luck to Summertown.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:38 PM) 826389149[/snapback]This game could be disected many ways.

There is some truth to there being a learning curve for coaches, as well as for players. When you get into playoff games and elimination games, the coaching changes. I think Summertown's coach has been there more times than Coach Hall. That was an advantage for Summertown.

All that being said, we had a chance to win in the end and the shot did not fall. Did everyone see the shot Bell made to tie the game at 52. That was a big time pressure shot. She has really grown as a player.

Good luck to Summertown.

I THINK WHAT COACH HALL TRIED TO DO BACKFIRED ON HIM. HE SET UP AN EASY SCHEDULE TO BE HAVE A WINNING RECORD AT THE END OF THE SEASON. HE THOUGHT THIS WOULD INTIMIDATE OTHER TEAMS. INSTEAD, RICHLAND WAS NOT READY TO PLAY A MORE AGGRESSIVE TEAM. HE WOULD HAVE COME OUT BETTER PLAYING GOOD TEAMS AND GETTING PRACTICE FOR HIS TEAM INSTEAD OF TEAMS ANYBODY THE SIZE OF RICHLAND WOULD HAVE BEATEN. THIS IS WHY THE OTHER DISTRICT IS SO MUCH STRONGER. IF YOU NOTICE THEIR SCHEDULE HAS SCHOOLS WAY OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE ON THEM. EVEN IF THEY GET BEAT,IT HELPS PREPARE THE TEAM. THE WINNING RECORD RICHLAND KEEPS BRAGGING ABOUT MEANS NOTHING IF THEY CAN'T IMPROVE AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:38 PM) 826389149[/snapback]This game could be disected many ways.

Good luck to Summertown.

Do you folks know how you are hurting the girls who poured their hearts into this game?? for heavens sake ....be quiet they read this stuff.. the game is over the season is finished they need to focus on their next year, revive their dreams NOT dwell on their past.

Care alittle about how devestated they are NOT your own personal opinions on the coaching abilities of Coach Hall, take that up at a later time with the administration who decides those things.

Everyone knows who my child is so stop making this worse than the reality of it is.

Chad Hall did not lose that game and IF you saw the game you know that it could of went either way at any time. NOR did in any way did the last shot to tie the game was the deciding factor, Get over your personal vendetatas (sp) against HAll, you are tearing these girls hearts out, and I can speak for more than a few... love this man, and you are about to get on my last nerve.

If you have a problem with anything I stated take it up with me. I'm listed in the book, and not hard to find.

QUOTE(volleyballmom07 @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826389265[/snapback]I THINK WHAT COACH HALL TRIED TO DO BACKFIRED ON HIM. HE SET UP AN EASY SCHEDULE TO BE HAVE A WINNING RECORD AT THE END OF THE SEASON. HE THOUGHT THIS WOULD INTIMIDATE OTHER TEAMS. INSTEAD, RICHLAND WAS NOT READY TO PLAY A MORE AGGRESSIVE TEAM. HE WOULD HAVE COME OUT BETTER PLAYING GOOD TEAMS AND GETTING PRACTICE FOR HIS TEAM INSTEAD OF TEAMS ANYBODY THE SIZE OF RICHLAND WOULD HAVE BEATEN. THIS IS WHY THE OTHER DISTRICT IS SO MUCH STRONGER. IF YOU NOTICE THEIR SCHEDULE HAS SCHOOLS WAY OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE ON THEM. EVEN IF THEY GET BEAT,IT HELPS PREPARE THE TEAM. THE WINNING RECORD RICHLAND KEEPS BRAGGING ABOUT MEANS NOTHING IF THEY CAN'T IMPROVE AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

If you think some of these Al. teams were not good, your an idiot.

If everything you set out to do works perfectly, write a book we all want to know that secret.

who brags?? NOT the girls!! and they are the ones you are all hurting, with this constant chatter over a game that is said and done.

who are you anyway?? is your child on the team?? OR are you one of the ones who were cut??

doesn't matter you would not hurt your own the way you are hurting these girls.

QUOTE(volleyballmom07 @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826389265[/snapback]I THINK WHAT COACH HALL TRIED TO DO BACKFIRED ON HIM. HE SET UP AN EASY SCHEDULE TO BE HAVE A WINNING RECORD AT THE END OF THE SEASON. HE THOUGHT THIS WOULD INTIMIDATE OTHER TEAMS. INSTEAD, RICHLAND WAS NOT READY TO PLAY A MORE AGGRESSIVE TEAM. HE WOULD HAVE COME OUT BETTER PLAYING GOOD TEAMS AND GETTING PRACTICE FOR HIS TEAM INSTEAD OF TEAMS ANYBODY THE SIZE OF RICHLAND WOULD HAVE BEATEN. THIS IS WHY THE OTHER DISTRICT IS SO MUCH STRONGER. IF YOU NOTICE THEIR SCHEDULE HAS SCHOOLS WAY OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE ON THEM. EVEN IF THEY GET BEAT,IT HELPS PREPARE THE TEAM. THE WINNING RECORD RICHLAND KEEPS BRAGGING ABOUT MEANS NOTHING IF THEY CAN'T IMPROVE AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

You are absolutely right Volleyballmom07...i wish i knew who u were too

Summertown won the game because they are an excellent team that on this given night out played another great team. To say one coach is better than another coach is not fair. I think both coaches were doing a very excellent job. To say Richland lost because they played Alabama teams is not fair. Some of the teams in Alabama that Richland played were the top teams in the state. These teams would be able to hold there own against teams like RBS and Clarkrange. What we can say about this game is only this, when two excellent teams met on a given night one is going to win and the other is going to have a lost. What we want these girls to gain from there basketball is a concept of life that teaches them the value of winning and how to accept lost. What we hope for now is that Summertown stay healthy and they make a good showing at the state.

QUOTE(danba @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826389347[/snapback]Summertown won the game because they are an excellent team that on this given night out played another great team. To say one coach is better than another coach is not fair. I think both coaches were doing a very excellent job. To say Richland lost because they played Alabama teams is not fair. Some of the teams in Alabama that Richland played were the top teams in the state. These teams would be able to hold there own against teams like RBS and Clarkrange. What we can say about this game is only this, when two excellent teams met on a given night one is going to win and the other is going to have a lost. What we want these girls to gain from there basketball is a concept of life that teaches them the value of winning and how to accept lost. What we hope for now is that Summertown stay healthy and they make a good showing at the state.

THANK YOU

All this chatter among Richland parents and fans is amusing, but also troubling. I dont post much but read the board regularly.

Daddies Roper and Glidden have had each others backs throughout most of Richlands run this season.

You guys dont need to let a season ending loss to a very good team cause a split among your base.

There are those that will try and keep this family feud going, but the program is bigger than any parent or two's ego about their kid. There's alot of teams hurting right now; and about 16 more going to join them tommorrow night. No need to lash out--and it goes both ways.

Just my two cents......

QUOTE(dkoons52 @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826389311[/snapback]If you think some of these Al. teams were not good, your an idiot.

If everything you set out to do works perfectly, write a book we all want to know that secret.

who brags?? NOT the girls!! and they are the ones you are all hurting, with this constant chatter over a game that is said and done.

who are you anyway?? is your child on the team?? OR are you one of the ones who were cut??

doesn't matter you would not hurt your own the way you are hurting these girls.

I'M NOT TRYING TO HURT THE PLAYERS FEELINGS. I THINK THESE MATTERS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED SO THAT NEXT YEAR THE SAME MISTAKE WON'T BE MADE. THIS IS FOR THE FUTURE PLAYERS SAKE. I WOULD THINK YOU WOULD NOT WANT THIS FOR YOUR CHILD OR FOR YOUR FRIENDS CHILDREN. YOU ARE RIGHT THIS YEAR IS OVER BUT WE MUST LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES AND IMPROVE.