DII state

Trojan Fan

Don't know a lot about the middle and eastern parts of the state but the Ensworth vs. Lausanne and Brentwood Academy vs. Briarcrest matchups are particularly attractive matchups to me.

I'm sure Brentwood will come ready but I know they had to figure on getting an easier matchup than BCS in the first round...what a "reward" that is.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Trojan Fan @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826388770[/snapback]Don't know a lot about the middle and eastern parts of the state but the Ensworth vs. Lausanne and Brentwood Academy vs. Briarcrest matchups are particularly attractive matchups to me.

I'm sure Brentwood will come ready but I know they had to figure on getting an easier matchup than BCS in the first round...what a "reward" that is.

I'm sure BA hated to see Briarcrest at # 3 seed. I believe Briarcrest is the best team but this field is the most even that i've seen the past 3 years. In other years you knew that a couple of teams were better than others. You can't say that this year. I think Briarcrest wins by 8-10. Also, Ensworth has a good shot at winning as well as JPII. Webb is good but not as good as the past few years. Depends on if the 14pt Glory shows up or the 30pt Glory. I'm hoping for the 14pt one. As a freshman, she knocked us (JPII) out of the state torney with a 30 point effort in a close game.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:31 PM) 826389037[/snapback]I'm sure BA hated to see Briarcrest at # 3 seed. I believe Briarcrest is the best team but this field is the most even that i've seen the past 3 years. In other years you knew that a couple of teams were better than others. You can't say that this year. I think Briarcrest wins by 8-10. Also, Ensworth has a good shot at winning as well as JPII. Webb is good but not as good as the past few years. Depends on if the 14pt Glory shows up or the 30pt Glory. I'm hoping for the 14pt one. As a freshman, she knocked us (JPII) out of the state torney with a 30 point effort in a close game.

I think you need to do a little more homework on your opponents. Webb has added several transfer players since last year. They are actually a much stronger team. Dupree is 6'4 and other Dupree is close to 6 foot. I heard Glory doesn't have to score 30 pts anymore for them to win because they have Dupree who is just as strong. Can anyone confirm that Dupree is a Freshman????

QUOTE(sandysue @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:18 AM) 826389786[/snapback]I think you need to do a little more homework on your opponents. Webb has added several transfer players since last year. They are actually a much stronger team. Dupree is 6'4 and other Dupree is close to 6 foot. I heard Glory doesn't have to score 30 pts anymore for them to win because they have Dupree who is just as strong. Can anyone confirm that Dupree is a Freshman????

You're right in that Glory doesn't have to score 30 for them to win, she's just really scary when she has one of those nights. Faith is a very good player and hit big shots when they came to JPII. It was even for 3 quarters but we had a 2 pt second quarter that did us in. My intention was to say that they weren't as strong at the guard as they have been in the past. They are definitely stronger at the post than before. It will be a great challenge for us. Should be a great week of basketball.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:44 AM) 826389919[/snapback]You're right in that Glory doesn't have to score 30 for them to win, she's just really scary when she has one of those nights. Faith is a very good player and hit big shots when they came to JPII. It was even for 3 quarters but we had a 2 pt second quarter that did us in. My intention was to say that they weren't as strong at the guard as they have been in the past. They are definitely stronger at the post than before. It will be a great challenge for us. Should be a great week of basketball.

The guard is a sophmore who has played varsity since 8th grade. The other guard players are the same as well.

QUOTE(bigdave25 @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:58 AM) 826391397[/snapback]Webb is a legit threat to win it!

Webb is by far the favorite to win the tournament, but for the first time in 4 years there are more than one or two teams who could get hot and win in an upset. Lausanne and Webb should win their first game setting up what should be the most interesting matchup of the weekend.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:44 AM) 826389919[/snapback]You're right in that Glory doesn't have to score 30 for them to win, she's just really scary when she has one of those nights. Faith is a very good player and hit big shots when they came to JPII. It was even for 3 quarters but we had a 2 pt second quarter that did us in. My intention was to say that they weren't as strong at the guard as they have been in the past. They are definitely stronger at the post than before. It will be a great challenge for us. Should be a great week of basketball.

As a matter of fact, she only scored 17 the last time JPII played them and I believe Knoxville Webb won by double digits. High scorer for JPII had six points. Knoxville Webb by eight or more. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:44 AM) 826389919[/snapback]You're right in that Glory doesn't have to score 30 for them to win, she's just really scary when she has one of those nights. Faith is a very good player and hit big shots when they came to JPII. It was even for 3 quarters but we had a 2 pt second quarter that did us in. My intention was to say that they weren't as strong at the guard as they have been in the past. They are definitely stronger at the post than before. It will be a great challenge for us. Should be a great week of basketball.

Everybody is wondering how you can be even for three quarters, but lose the game due to a two point second quarter. Very interesting. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />