Moore County/Summertown

Unionvegas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Afterlife @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826391023[/snapback]should have been a foul on the last play...

Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on that one. She was definitely fouled. She may not have made the free throws, but she definitely should have had the opportunity. Tough way to end a season.

QUOTE(matt_24 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826391061[/snapback]Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on that one. She was definitely fouled. She may not have made the free throws, but she definitely should have had the opportunity. Tough way to end a season.

My son said that #10 of MC fouled her hard as the shooter ended up on the floor. I didn't see it.

What I did see was this somewhat large lady, a Summertown fan, barreling onto the court just as the buzzer sounded. The refs evacuated the court, passing the cops heading onto the court to intercept this raging bleached-blonde female.

She proceeded to go bullistic on the authorities as the shooter lay on the court. No one was hurt because after a few minutes the player got up.

A heck of an ending to an exciting game.

QUOTE(matt_24 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826391061[/snapback]Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on that one. She was definitely fouled. She may not have made the free throws, but she definitely should have had the opportunity. Tough way to end a season.

MAtt24 we finally agree on something..She was definitely fouled and if she couldnt shoot the free throws Im sure someone off the bench was capable... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I dont believe the girl was fouled her shot blocked yes fouled no. she had to have come down wrong on her ankle or something because after she got up she wouldnt walk on her right leg as they helped her into the locker room. Along with her coming down wrong she was taking the last shot which would have won them the game so she was probably upset also that her season had just ended. It was a sad way to end the game for the Summertown girls much less needing to see that woman rave across the floor like that. Good hard fault game by both teams and good luck to Moore Co. on their road to state.

I was told the girl taking the last shot for Summertown actually leaned into a Moore Co player and ended up on the floor. I'm used to the fact that officials don't call a foul in the last few seconds so they won't be a factor in the outcome. You see that in college games and most high school games. It would take an act of congress to get a foul called on the last play of a game and probably should be that way. I'm sure Summertown had many more opportunities to score where it wouldn't have come down to the last shot. It just hurts to end a season that way, but that's bkb.

QUOTE(binns37388 @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:23 AM) 826391247[/snapback]I was told the girl taking the last shot for Summertown actually leaned into a Moore Co player and ended up on the floor. I'm used to the fact that officials don't call a foul in the last few seconds so they won't be a factor in the outcome. You see that in college games and most high school games. It would take an act of congress to get a foul called on the last play of a game and probably should be that way. I'm sure Summertown had many more opportunities to score where it wouldn't have come down to the last shot. It just hurts to end a season that way, but that's bkb.

The girl from Summertown leaned between the 2 players from Moore County and was pushed to the floor. It was a hard foul and should have been called. She is not ok, as she was carried to hospital after the game. Not sure yet about the injury.

Go Collinwood!