Jakerra Simmons - 8 pts (0 of 1 FT's), 1 blk, 4 rebs

Kanisha McLean - 7 pts (1 three, 2 of 2 FT's), 3 rebs

Lauren March - 4 pts, 5 rebs, 1 asst

Addrick O'Neal - 4 pts (2 of 2 FT's)

McKenna Moffet - 2 pts, 1 reb, 3 assts

Danika Hopkins - 1 pt (1 of 2 FT's), 2 rebs, 2 assts

Team Stats:

Three Point Goals: DL 1, MC 4

Free Throws: DL 11 of 15 (73.3%), MC 5 of 7 (71.4%)

Rebounds: DL 31, MC 16

Assists: DL 6, MC 7

Fouls: DL 14, MC 16

Turnovers: DL 16, MC 19

Marshall Co. led at the end of the 1st qtr, 15-12, as McQueen hit 2 threes, Simmons had 4, March had 2, McLean hit 2 FT's, and Hopkins hit 1 of 2 FT's while David Lipscomb's Eubanks had 4 (2 of 3 FT's) and Ross, Roller, Bennett, and Pennington each scored 2. In the 2nd qtr, MC outscored DL, 8-7, as O'Neal had 4 (2 of 2 FT's), McLean had 2, and Simmons had 2 (0 of 1 FT's) while DL's Pennington had 3 (1 of 1 FT's), Eubanks had 2 (0 of 1 FT's), and Briley had 2 (0 of 2 FT's) as MC led at the half, 23-19. In the 3rd qtr, DL outscored MC, 11-9, as Ross had 4 (2 of 2 FT's), Pennington hit a three, and both Roller and Briley each had 2 while MC's McLean hit a three and Moffett, March, and Simmons each had 2 as MC led after 3 qtrs, 32-30. Note that MC's Lauren March fouled out at the 5:22 mark after picking up 2 fouls in the 1st qtr. and sitting the entire 2nd qtr. In the 4th qtr, DL gained control early as they outscored MC, 18-3, as Ross had 6 (4 of 4 FT's), Briley had 6, Bennett had 2, and Pennington hit 2 of 2 FT's while MC's lone score was a three point goal by McQueen with 52.4 secs left in the game as David Lipscomb won 48-35 and will host the Sectional on Sat against Region 6-AA Runner-Up Liberty Tech Magnet who lost to McNairy Central, 68-69. Marshall Co will travel to McNairy Central also on Sat. Good luck to all the teams.

Here is the the All-Region Team:

Page - Katelin Ford

Spring Hill - Keturah Brown

Lewis Co. - Micah Anderson

Marshall Co. - Lauren March and Kanisha McLean

David Lipscomb - Julia Roller, Laura Bennett, and MVP Kara Briley

Congratulations to all the players.

Best of luck to Marshall County as they travel to McNairy Central.......hope you beat em and make it to State !!!!!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Congrats to Lauren and Kanisha on all- Region !!!!!!

QUOTE(PageMan @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:06 PM) 826394200[/snapback]David Lipscomb.....12..7....11..18.....48

Marshall Co...........15..8.....9....3......35

David Lipscomb Player Stats:

Ellen Ross - 12 pts (6 of 6 FT's), 4 rebs, 4 assts

Hannah Pennington - 10 pts (1 three, 3 of 3 FT's), 6 rebs, 1 asst

Kara Briley - 10 pts (0 of 2 FT's), 6 rebs

Laura Bennett - 6 pts, 4 rebs

Caroline Eubanks - 6 pts (2 of 4 FT's), 4 rebs

Julia Roller - 4 pts , 5 rebs

Sara Eatherly - 2 rebs, 1 asst

Marshall Co. Player Stats:

Jessica McQueen - 9 pts (3 threes), 1 reb, 1 asst

Team Stats:

Marshall Co. led at the end of the 1st qtr, 15-12, as McQueen hit 2 threes, Simmons had 4, March had 2, McLean hit 2 FT's, and Hopkins hit 1 of 2 FT's while David Lipscomb's Eubanks had 4 (2 of 3 FT's) and Ross, Roller, Bennett, and Pennington each scored 2. In the 2nd qtr, MC outscored DL, 8-7, as O'Neal had 4 (2 of 2 FT's), McLean had 2, and Simmons had 2 (0 of 1 FT's) while DL's Pennington had 3 (1 of 1 FT's), Eubanks had 2 (0 of 1 FT's), and Briley had 2 (0 of 2 FT's) as MC led at the half, 23-19. In the 3rd qtr, DL outscored MC, 11-9, as Ross had 4 (2 of 2 FT's), Pennington hit a three, and both Roller and Briley each had 2 while MC's McLean hit a three and Moffett, March, and Simmons each had 2 as MC led after 3 qtrs, 32-30. Note that MC's Lauren March fouled out at the 5:22 mark after picking up 2 fouls in the 1st qtr. and sitting the entire 2nd qtr. In the 4th qtr, DL gained control early as they outscored MC, 18-3, as Ross had 6 (4 of 4 FT's), Briley had 6, Bennett had 2, and Pennington hit 2 of 2 FT's while MC's lone score was a three point goal by McQueen with 52.4 secs left in the game as David Lipscomb won 48-35 and will host the Sectional on Sat against Region 6-AA Runner-Up Liberty Tech Magnet who lost to McNairy Central, 68-69. Marshall Co will travel to McNairy Central also on Sat. Good luck to all the teams.

Page - Katelin Ford

I love you Pageman. Thanks so much for the detailed stats and play by play. I couldn't go to the game, and this tells me everything. It looks like rebounding was the key (which would be one of the reasons why Kara Briley was MVP!!). Congrats to the Lady Mustangs. Kara, Julia, Laura, Sara, Hannah, Ellen, Caroline, Brooke, and Chelsey...you are such great players and young women.

Best of luck against a very tough Liberty Tech on Saturday. Seniors...every game you win means another game playing with your best friends. I know how much that means to all of you!!! Your parents, school, and fans are so happy and proud for you!

Thanks again Pageman.

You're welcome, Morton. I do what I do here for people this yourself who can't always make the games.

You are correct about the rebounding as I was amazed at how well David Lipscomb did. They really know how to get position well and also scored on several rebound put-backs. Also Lipscomb's defense forced several MC's turnovers in the 2nd half where Lipscomb scored on break-away baskets. This also affected their assists along with the put-back rebound points. One of the biggest factors in Lipscomb's success, in my opinion, remains their well-balanced playing. Everybody scores and everybody rebounds. It's hard to beat a team who plays so unselfishly. Good luck against Liberty Tech Magnet.

QUOTE(PageMan @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826394361[/snapback]You're welcome, Morton. I do what I do here for people this yourself who can't always make the games.

You are correct about the rebounding as I was amazed at how well David Lipscomb did. They really know how to get position well and also scored on several rebound put-backs. Also Lipscomb's defense forced several MC's turnovers in the 2nd half where Lipscomb scored on break-away baskets. This also affected their assists along with the put-back rebound points. One of the biggest factors in Lipscomb's success, in my opinion, remains their well-balanced playing. Everybody scores and everybody rebounds. It's hard to beat a team who plays so unselfishly. Good luck against Liberty Tech Magnet.

I am so glad you acknowledged the 'unselfish' play of the Mustangs. I agree...this is the key to the teams success. I'll cool my analysis at this point (so I don't give an edge to any Liberty Tech folks who happen upon this post /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks again for the great coverage of the game. I almost feel like us folks at home need to pay you a salary!! Do you have plans to travel to any of the substate or state games??? I'm going to be out of state, and will log in if you will be watching and providing your thorough stats and un-biased analysis.

Sorry, Morton. I will be out of town starting this weekend until the middle of next week and will miss the substate games and the first day of state action on Wed., March 7. I will try to make the remainder of the state, but I can't promise anything. I have an obligation to Page baseball on Friday as well. You may have seen my final report on basketball above.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Last night I watched two great teams play for the 5AA Region Championship. Marshall County played a flawless game in the first half. Their smothering man to man defense, caught Lipscomb off guard and they also shut off the fast break. At the end of the first half, MCHS had a great momentum, and they played some of the best defense that I have seen to date. The 4th quarter, proved to be the turning point, momentum turned the other way in favor of David Lipscomb. I am very proud of the MCHS Lady Tigers - who with no Seniors, played a hard fought game.

We're still strong and we'll still be playing Saturday night. In other words, we live to fight another day. Lauren, Jakerra, McKenna, Jessica, Danicka, Dricka, Kenesha, Draya, and the fabulous five (Meike, LaRonda, DaRhonda, Artavia, and Stephanie ) - keep your heads up and your eyes on the prize - it ain't over). Coach Steely and Coach West - keep up the good work!

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Ladies - good luck Saturday - remember its a new day, a new game - take it to the limit!!!!!!!!!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

To Marshall County,

You played a great game last night. Was one of the best defensive teams Lipscomb faced all year. You have a very good team and great fan support. With no seniors this year, you will only get better over the next couple of years.

Good Luck vs McNairy central on Saturday night, let's hope region 5 brings 2 teams to State.

To PageMan, you are the best- Thanks for your game updates.

To the Lipscomb Lady Mustangs,

GOOD JOB! You never gave up, you played as a team, and did what you have been doing all season.

Six girls on your team have now received honors for regular season or Tournament play(Christmas, District and Region)

Seven girls have been game high scorer, you all rebound, pass, and play D.

Good Luck Saturday Night- keep it going. Your job is not finsihed

QUOTE(PageMan @ Mar 1 2007 - 06:17 AM) 826394506[/snapback]Sorry, Morton. I will be out of town starting this weekend until the middle of next week and will miss the substate games and the first day of state action on Wed., March 7. I will try to make the remainder of the state, but I can't promise anything. I have an obligation to Page baseball on Friday as well. You may have seen my final report on basketball above.

Thanks

Page Man for the updates and scores all year long.

QUOTE(PageMan @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:06 PM) 826394200[/snapback]David Lipscomb.....12..7....11..18.....48

Marshall Co...........15..8.....9....3......35

David Lipscomb Player Stats:

Ellen Ross - 12 pts (6 of 6 FT's), 4 rebs, 4 assts

Hannah Pennington - 10 pts (1 three, 3 of 3 FT's), 6 rebs, 1 asst

Kara Briley - 10 pts (0 of 2 FT's), 6 rebs

Laura Bennett - 6 pts, 4 rebs

Caroline Eubanks - 6 pts (2 of 4 FT's), 4 rebs

Julia Roller - 4 pts , 5 rebs

Sara Eatherly - 2 rebs, 1 asst

Marshall Co. Player Stats:

Jessica McQueen - 9 pts (3 threes), 1 reb, 1 asst

Team Stats:

Page - Katelin Ford

DON'T GIVE UP TIGERETTES! WE HERE AT FORREST ARE PROUD OF YOU GIRLS AND WANT YOU TO KNOW WE ARE CHEERING YOU ON COME SATURDAY. HOW GREAT WOULD IT BE TO HAVE 2 TEAMS AT STATE REPRESENTING MARSHALL COUNTY! PLAY HARD, PLAY TOGETHER, PLAY SMART AND COME OUT ON TOP!

CONGRATES TO LAUREN & KANISHA LUV YA GIRLS MISS YOU TO ALONG WITH MONKEY AND MEKENNA!