Stone Memorial AA (mystery from the middle)

riseball

QUOTE(buc1973 @ Mar 7 2007 - 09:12 AM) 826403314[/snapback]Football- they were never competitive in AAA even with AAA enrollment.

Boys' basketball- losses to Van Buren, Meigs, York, Pickett, Oliver Springs, Bradford, and Clarkrange among others. All AA or A schools. The girls played pretty much the same schedule and ended up 12-21. I understand the frustration but the Jets were not successful in any classification in b-ball. I said the last post was my last and obviously I was wrong, but once again, please do not try to erase the accomplishments of these girls based on a.) misinformation that they are in the wrong classification and B.) that they were only successful because they dropped a classification. Note they had wins against AAA schools- including Greeneville who is playing in the AAA State tournament. The Lady Panthers have earned this- without the deception and dishonesty implied by previous posters.

GO LADY PANTHERS!!!

I support the Panthers in there quest for the gold ball but they did not play the likes of Cleveland, Bradley, Walker Valley & Mcminn Central this season. Everyone has to agree that the CCHS Lady Jets played a much tougher schudule than the Stone Lady Panthers. That being said, The Lady Panthers did beat CCHS two times buy a combined total of four points in two games. Anyway, go Lady Panthers!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that the Lady Jets played a tough schedule, they still did not fair as well as the Lady Panthers with shared opponents. Nor do I believe the Lady Jets would have been competitive with any of the teams seen by the Lady Panthers in the post season. ( from Loudon on - with the exception of Gibbs.) Not to mention both meetings of freshmen and JV Lady Panther v Lady Jets resulted in 40 point wins for the Lady Panthers- clearly they are more talented.

But again this thread has twisted and turned away from the original topic which basically says this little known team ( with scarce media coverage) is a team to watch.

GO LADY PANTHERS!

QUOTE(buc1973 @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826403388[/snapback]While I agree that the Lady Jets played a tough schedule, they still did not fair as well as the Lady Panthers with shared opponents. Nor do I believe the Lady Jets would have been competitive with any of the teams seen by the Lady Panthers in the post season. ( from Loudon on - with the exception of Gibbs.) Not to mention both meetings of freshmen and JV Lady Panther v Lady Jets resulted in 40 point wins for the Lady Panthers- clearly they are more talented.

But again this thread has twisted and turned away from the original topic which basically says this little known team ( with scarce media coverage) is a team to watch.

GO LADY PANTHERS!

The lady Jets did have a great season. A first year coach, no returning starters(0) , played Stone tough both games they met, made it to the region tourney. Buc, what is success to you? Making it to the big dance and losing? CCHS will be strong next year. You dont think CCHS could have been competitive against some of these teams this year? You talk big about the CCHS jv & 9th grade losing to Stone this year. You are wrong about the talent level. You stated "clearly they are more talented". Come on coach Buck, are you saying Stone has a higher talent level than the CCHS fresman or jv next year?We'll see. Be ready, here comes the mighty JETS. Your Panthers are 1 and 1 against the Jets this year. 1 and 1 overall. Scary isn't it?

The lady Jets did have a great season. A first year coach, no returning starters(0) , played Stone tough both games they met, made it to the region tourney. Buc, what is success to you? Making it to the big dance and losing? CCHS will be strong next year. You dont think CCHS could have been competitive against some of these teams this year? You talk big about the CCHS jv & 9th grade losing to Stone this year. You are wrong about the talent level. You stated "clearly they are more talented".

" Come on coach Buck, are you saying Stone has a higher talent level than the CCHS fresman or jv next year?We'll see. Be ready, here comes the mighty JETS. Your Panthers are 1 and 1 against the Jets this year. 1 and 1 overall. Scary isn't it"

First thing's first. I am not Coach Buck. If I am not mistaken he only comes on here under his name. Buc is a nickname I had for many years. Second, this is a girls basketball forum. Not talking about the Panthers vs. Jets. The discussion somehow veered from info re: the Lady Panthers to enrollment misinformation and then to Lady Panthers sos v Lady Jets. But looking at Stone JV. v. CCHS JV boys, I believe the Panthers are in fact 2-0. Scary isn't it?

Secondly, the comment I made was directed toward Lady Panthers v. Lady Jets J.V. Both games ended in 40 point wins by the Lady Panthers. That's not even remotely close. Sadly, the Lady Jets do have 2 very talented freshmen whose talents could have helped the varsity this year. It makes more sense to expose them to big game situations to give them that experience. They were wasted resources in the Lady Jets season. Put them with the Williams sisters next year and the Lady Jets should have a pretty good four out of five. But don't waste them. The Lady Panthers are simply reloading. Erica and Krystal will certainly be missed, but losing them is not going to make this Lady Panthers team fall apart. I see that as success- year in and year out consistency. Add to the mix Eller and Brown- also very talented freshmen - now with big game experience under their belt and I believe this gives them an edge.

It's obviously you are not really an SMHS panther from your posts. Your posts reek of sour grapes. Jealous much?

QUOTE(BBALLTN @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826402852[/snapback]Im not hating on Stone my first comment was Congrats. I just think that if you started ar CCHS I wish you would have stayed their,and dont give me this Hard Zone trash I am from Cumberland County and know of several Children who are zoned Stone and chose to stay at CCHS one of my best Freinds drive his Children from around Lake Tansi to Stone each day most of these Children are going where they choose. Also TSSAA really needs to look at these new Schools a little closer and the Admin of Schools needs to really tell the truth about #'s in their projections when opening instead of trying to play down for their first 2 years most Coaches want this so they have time to allign their programs. As far as Im cocerned for the Girls I hope they win it all its not their fault and Im certain their a bunch of great young Ladies...

And I really think if most of these Girls had stayed at CCHS with what they had they would be contending for a State Champion in AAA...

If your friend's kids are going to SMHS he LIED about where he lived. I know several underclassmen as well as seniors who wished to go to the new school but because they were zoned for CCHS they were not allowed to.

QUOTE(SMHS PANTHERS 12 @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826404320[/snapback]The lady Jets did have a great season. A first year coach, no returning starters(0) , played Stone tough both games they met, made it to the region tourney. Buc, what is success to you? Making it to the big dance and losing? CCHS will be strong next year. You dont think CCHS could have been competitive against some of these teams this year? You talk big about the CCHS jv & 9th grade losing to Stone this year. You are wrong about the talent level. You stated "clearly they are more talented". Come on coach Buck, are you saying Stone has a higher talent level than the CCHS fresman or jv next year?We'll see. Be ready, here comes the mighty JETS. Your Panthers are 1 and 1 against the Jets this year. 1 and 1 overall. Scary isn't it?

Yes, I'm certain Coach Buck is shaking in his shoes about now, thinking to himself how he's going to face the mighty JETS next year!! Give me a break!! Don't get me wrong.. there are some talented players on the CCHS squad, but realistically, Eggleston is going to have a hard time filling the void left by Andrew Houston. Let's face it, he was the nucleus of the team. Without a dominant post player the Jets are going to have to rely on consistent outside shooting. Very difficult to do in AA; almost impossible to do in AAA. Obviously, the SMHS/CCHS rivalry is going to be a close contest every year as both teams are going to leave their hearts on the court each time they play. However, if the Jets don't find someone who can play post they are likely to find themselves in a similar W/L column next year as they did this year.

With that being said this a girl's thread. I have no doubt that both schools will once again find themselves in a similar situation two years from now, both back in AAA. With everyone returning next year but two seniors the Lady Panthers can hopefully make another run to Murfreesboro.

What is surprising is now all of a sudden everyone is making a big fuss over the classifications. If the Lady Panthers had won 10 games this year would anyone have been talking right now about classifications? Of course not. They win district, region and make a run to the state tournament and all of a sudden everyone is saying how unfair it is that SMHS is in AA.

QUOTE(stonecold07 @ Mar 9 2007 - 12:24 AM) 826405779[/snapback]Yes, I'm certain Coach Buck is shaking in his shoes about now, thinking to himself how he's going to face the mighty JETS next year!! Give me a break!! Don't get me wrong.. there are some talented players on the CCHS squad, but realistically, Eggleston is going to have a hard time filling the void left by Andrew Houston. Let's face it, he was the nucleus of the team. Without a dominant post player the Jets are going to have to rely on consistent outside shooting. Very difficult to do in AA; almost impossible to do in AAA. Obviously, the SMHS/CCHS rivalry is going to be a close contest every year as both teams are going to leave their hearts on the court each time they play. However, if the Jets don't find someone who can play post they are likely to find themselves in a similar W/L column next year as they did this year.

With that being said this a girl's thread. I have no doubt that both schools will once again find themselves in a similar situation two years from now, both back in AAA. With everyone returning next year but two seniors the Lady Panthers can hopefully make another run to Murfreesboro.

What is surprising is now all of a sudden everyone is making a big fuss over the classifications. If the Lady Panthers had won 10 games this year would anyone have been talking right now about classifications? Of course not. They win district, region and make a run to the state tournament and all of a sudden everyone is saying how unfair it is that SMHS is in AA.

and all i have to say about this one is that i know buck very well and i am 100% possitive that he for no reason what so ever is shaking in his shoes over cchs next year. they might have good players and all but he will coach the kids he has and he will have an even better team then before. even if he has kids that have never played before he would turn them into a team and paly any one with them. He is a really good coacht and will play any team no matter what kind of team he has. yea winning is good and everyone loves winning but if it come down to it he would but 5 strangers on the floor and weather they won or lost by the nd of the game they would have accually learned some things about the game and life to. after all isnt that just as important as winning-