Missing Nashville

CoachD33

QUOTE(Bighurt @ Mar 5 2007 - 03:50 PM) 826400787[/snapback]840 basically only goes as far as Lweisburg Pike south of Franklin. So, there is really don't gain anything by going Hwy 96 through Fairview and Franklin to I-65. Sorry.

Couple of years ago someone posted a shortcut to Murfreesboro involving 840. I think I have it somewhere but was just looking for help. I know you can avoid Nashville surely.

Guest milan06

NW, here's the way I sometimes go:

Take exit 176 (840E) from I40-E. Take exit 7 (Fairview/Hwy 100) and take a left at the foot of the ramp. Go through Fairview, then take a right onto Hwy 96. When you get into Franklin, take a right onto 5th Ave North (go .2 mi), a left onto Church St. (go .1 mi), and a right onto 3rd Ave South/96E. Just follow the signs for 96E. This road takes you into Murfreesboro and turns into Old Fort Pkwy. Go straight, then turn right onto E Clark Blvd. Take a left at the fourth stop light (Greenland Dr), and a right into the Murphy Center. It takes me a little over 3 hours from Milan.

Hope this helps.

QUOTE(milan06 @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:05 PM) 826402192[/snapback]NW, here's the way I sometimes go:

Take exit 176 (840E) from I40-E. Take exit 7 (Fairview/Hwy 100) and take a left at the foot of the ramp. Go through Fairview, then take a right onto Hwy 96. When you get into Franklin, take a right onto 5th Ave North (go .2 mi), a left onto Church St. (go .1 mi), and a right onto 3rd Ave South/96E. Just follow the signs for 96E. This road takes you into Murfreesboro and turns into Old Fort Pkwy. Go straight, then turn right onto E Clark Blvd. Take a left at the fourth stop light (Greenland Dr), and a right into the Murphy Center. It takes me a little over 3 hours from Milan.

Hope this helps.

If you go that way, once you get on 96 and pass I-65 go about 10 miles and you come to Triune. Turn south a 1/2 mile and you are at 840. Go east on 840 to I-24 East. Take the first exit off I-24 (Medical Center Blvd) and then turn left across I-24. That road takes you to Memorial Blvd. Turn left and then right (about a mile) on E. Clark to Murphy Center.

If I were coming from West Tennessee on I-40, I would stay on it until I got to I-24 and then go into Murfreesboro on I-24. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(danba @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:27 PM) 826402228[/snapback]If I were coming from West Tennessee on I-40, I would stay on it until I got to I-24 and then go into Murfreesboro on I-24. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

But not if he wants to miss Nashville.

Google map of Murfreesboro