Stone Memorial vs Marshall

HSsportfan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SMHS PANTHERS 12 @ Mar 7 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826404368[/snapback]Stone had a great season, yet they have a hard time winning the big game. Over rated, maybe, yet a very solid team in AA basketball. AAA basketball is a different story. The CCHS Lady Jets had a good run also. They never got the credit they deserved. Stone is loaded with great players. Ask them what jersey they wore last year.All five starters for Stone,wore a CCHS Lady Jet Jersey last season! This season, the Lady Jets, and the Jets for that matter, were a brand new team. No returning starters, two brand new coaches, and one of the toughest schedules in the state. All the hype from the coaches & Stone fans on this thread has been amazing. Do not forget where you came from! CUMBERLAND COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL JETTS! Everyone of these Lady Panthers & Panthers (except freshman) have been former CCHS JETS. Every coach at Stone learned their trade at CCHS. Can Cumberland County compete for state championships? Not really, until we get great coaches.

What defines greatness? Coaches that really care. Coaches that care about players more than championships! Coaches that wiil not leave, no matter what, and prove that you really stand behind a team and a school. Go Jets & Lady Jets next season.

I FEEL BAD FOR CUMBERLAND COUNTY HIGH -

IT IS TRULY OBVIOUS THAT THE PLAYERS PURPOSEFULLY AND WITH FORETHOUGH LEFT CCHS TO MOVE TO STONE -- JUST TO PLAY BALL - THAT IS PERFECTLY LEGAL --- BUT DOES THAT MAKE IT RIGHT ?

THE TEAM IS STACKED - AND WAS DONE SO WITH STATE TOURNEY IN MIND - CAN WE BLAME THEM?

THE JURY IS STILL OUT FOR ME - I STILL THINK KIDS SHOULD STAY WITH THE SCHOOL THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO ATTEND - COURSE THAT IS DIFFICULT WHEN TWO SCHOOLS ARE JUST MINUTES APART

WHAT WILL STONE DO IF ALL THE NON ATHLETES DECIDE TO LEAVE CCHS ---- MOVE TO STONE -- AND BOUNCE THEIR CLASSIFICATION UP TO TRIPLE A??? just like cumberland county high -

anybody thought of that ---

. All the hype from the coaches & Stone fans on this thread has been amazing. Do not forget where you came from! CUMBERLAND COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL JETTS! Everyone of these Lady Panthers & Panthers (except freshman) have been former CCHS JETS. Every coach at Stone learned their trade at CCHS.

Ummm.. are you saying Coach Smith never coached any basketball before CCHS. Maybe not High School basketball but he took the same players from a losing team and won between 28-30 games. And neither Coach Miller nor Coach Egan ever coached at CCHS. Nice try though.

What defines greatness? Coaches that really care. Coaches that care about players more than championships! Coaches that wiil not leave, no matter what, and prove that you really stand behind a team and a school. Go Jets & Lady Jets next season.

Coaches that stay with the majority of the players they started with? Yes I believe that shows caring.

Again.. jealous much?

And Hoops fan. Once again- both high schools are hard zoned. The kids do not have a choice. I am not sure why that doesn't register with you.

This thread was about Marshall County. Congrats on a great win.

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Mar 8 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826404625[/snapback]I FEEL BAD FOR CUMBERLAND COUNTY HIGH -

IT IS TRULY OBVIOUS THAT THE PLAYERS PURPOSEFULLY AND WITH FORETHOUGH LEFT CCHS TO MOVE TO STONE -- JUST TO PLAY BALL - THAT IS PERFECTLY LEGAL --- BUT DOES THAT MAKE IT RIGHT ?

THE TEAM IS STACKED - AND WAS DONE SO WITH STATE TOURNEY IN MIND - CAN WE BLAME THEM?

THE JURY IS STILL OUT FOR ME - I STILL THINK KIDS SHOULD STAY WITH THE SCHOOL THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO ATTEND - COURSE THAT IS DIFFICULT WHEN TWO SCHOOLS ARE JUST MINUTES APART

WHAT WILL STONE DO IF ALL THE NON ATHLETES DECIDE TO LEAVE CCHS ---- MOVE TO STONE -- AND BOUNCE THEIR CLASSIFICATION UP TO TRIPLE A??? just like cumberland county high -

anybody thought of that ---

Have you ever heard of ZONING???? The seniors were the only TWO that had a choice and obviously they're going to go with the better team, and seeing as how they are in ZONE for SMHS then why are you complaining about them having to attend the school they are supposed to go to...THEY ARE!!! ....and as far as being stacked goes, can the girls help it that they have talent and are well coached? The girls have competed in Triple A since they were freshman, with the exception of this year of course because they were ZONED for the new school, I don't think the SMHS athletics program will have a problem with it in future....besides, the only thing that divides SMHS and CCHS are I40 and WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(smhs2223 @ Mar 8 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826404721[/snapback]Have you ever heard of ZONING???? The seniors were the only TWO that had a choice and obviously they're going to go with the better team, and seeing as how they are in ZONE for SMHS then why are you complaining about them having to attend the school they are supposed to go to...THEY ARE!!! ....and as far as being stacked goes, can the girls help it that they have talent and are well coached? The girls have competed in Triple A since they were freshman, with the exception of this year of course because they were ZONED for the new school, I don't think the SMHS athletics program will have a problem with it in future....besides, the only thing that divides SMHS and CCHS are I40 and WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It amazes me that the girls can't just get a CONGRATS, without people complaining about CCHS. These girls deserve this wonderful season and this time of getting a "JOB WELL DONE" This has NOTHING to with any other school EXPECT SMHS..... Way to go Lady Panthers.

If you wear the panther name, have the panther spirit.

Great season Lady Panthers. Wish the refs would have let the girls more decide the outcome, but oh well. Congrats to Marshall and good luck.

To the complainers about the CC school split, take your comments to the school board and don't waste time here. I assure you no one on this thread cares about your whining and complaining. I asked for that not to be a discussion on this thread and it's obvious you have no respect for anyone.

GROW UP AND GET OVER IT!

Good luck next year Lady Panthers. Work hard this summer. Realize what your weaknesses are and do whatever it takes to improve them. Only teams that are committed to ecellence will succeed and only players committed to excellence make a great team. Basketball must be your first prioity if you expect playing time and success in basketball. It has to come before soccer, volleyball, sofball, boyfriends, etc.. If you are not willing to make that committment, you have absolutely no right to complain about anything that happens in basketball. This team has enough remaining talent to be back in the tournament next year if, and only if, the players want it bad enough are are willing to do what it takes. Leaders need to step up right now and start setting the tone for what will be expected to be a part of this team. Anyone not willing to do what is expected needs to stay home and whine to mamma, permanently. That may sound a little harsh, but that is what it will take for this team to surpass this years accomplishment.

Good luck to Krystal and Erica. We enjoyed watching you play!

Thanks to the team for a great first year and for putting the first trophies in the cabinet. There will be many more to come.

PANTHER PRIDE!

Great post HS. I totally agree. The girls have been fun to watch this year and have so much potential for several years to come.

I would hope to see a concentration in the off season of rebounding skills. I think this is our weakest area. Our pressure defense is awesome, but the defensive effort around the basket needs to step up several notches. Maybe we need to "beef up" a little with a weight program.

If was a great ride. Congratulations!!

QUOTE(smhs2223 @ Mar 8 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826404721[/snapback]Have you ever heard of ZONING???? The seniors were the only TWO that had a choice and obviously they're going to go with the better team, and seeing as how they are in ZONE for SMHS then why are you complaining about them having to attend the school they are supposed to go to...THEY ARE!!! ....and as far as being stacked goes, can the girls help it that they have talent and are well coached? The girls have competed in Triple A since they were freshman, with the exception of this year of course because they were ZONED for the new school, I don't think the SMHS athletics program will have a problem with it in future....besides, the only thing that divides SMHS and CCHS are I40 and WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so you mean to say every single girl on the team lives in the stone zone??

i find that incredibly - -no, absolutely hard to believe -

there is a difference in AA and AAA in your area and you know it -- you don't really realize but your last comment is dissing your SMHS --same girls and same coaches came from CCHS --- why were they not winning at CCHS ? same team and same coaches mmmmmm

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:54 PM) 826405313[/snapback]so you mean to say every single girl on the team lives in the stone zone??

there is a difference in AA and AAA in your area and you know it -- you don't really realize but your last comment is dissing your SMHS --same girls and same coaches came from CCHS --- why were they not winning at CCHS ? same team and same coaches mmmmmm

Get over the sour grapes. Enough excuses play ball and shut up

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Mar 8 2007 - 05:54 PM) 826405313[/snapback]so you mean to say every single girl on the team lives in the stone zone??

i'm going to agree with everyone that posted after this ignorant comment you left...this has to be the dumbest thing i have ever read!! yes, according to our school books EVERY SINGLE GIRL THAT IS ON THAT TEAM LIVES IN THE STONE DISTRICT...if they didnt i'm pretty sure they would have to move to cchs, thats usualy how this zoning thing works, sorry thats to hard for you to understand. And which part was dissing SMHS, was it the the girls have talent and are well coached, that they were the better team in cumberland county this year, or oh yeah i guess it was the part about them winning huh...they couldnt help it that they had to move to stone, which i and everyone else on this website has said before but you obviously cant get that through your head. all i have to say is congratulations lady panthers, and i'm sorry people like this have to find some way to bring you down. you made us proud!!!!!

PANTHER PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!