Van Buren county player is college material!

vpender

thats not the point. he made some mistakes but who doesn't? we aren't saying that he is the elite and the best of the best...all we are saying is that he can be a really great ball player. on the topic of our record we are now 5-5 after playing nearly everyday the past two weeks lol..we kinda are lookin forward to sunday to rest up lol... we are a team that has great potential when we want to step up and play... each player can be a deciding factor when they decide to be a player (including our cf) so if u want to bring him down you make sure that you get through our team first... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(inappropriate87 @ Mar 24 2007 - 12:50 AM) 826421426[/snapback]that make NO sense at all. my point is he isnt AT ALL what yall say he is.

My point is, you used 1 GAME to make your judgement.Baseball is about long term ability,day in and day out.You cannot see a person have 1 great game and crown them great, or see a person have 1 bad game and say they are not all that.Plus,you dont have to field like Andrew Jones or hit like Puoljos to be college material.

QUOTE(Home_Plate_Owner @ Mar 24 2007 - 06:15 PM) 826421694[/snapback]thats not the point. he made some mistakes but who doesn't? we aren't saying that he is the elite and the best of the best...all we are saying is that he can be a really great ball player. on the topic of our record we are now 5-5 after playing nearly everyday the past two weeks lol..we kinda are lookin forward to sunday to rest up lol... we are a team that has great potential when we want to step up and play... each player can be a deciding factor when they decide to be a player (including our cf) so if u want to bring him down you make sure that you get through our team first... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I agree with home plate owner. If you bring him down make sure you know every thing about him and our team. So if he is not any good then who is in your opinion???

QUOTE(vpender @ Mar 26 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826422893[/snapback]My point is, you used 1 GAME to make your judgement.Baseball is about long term ability,day in and day out.You cannot see a person have 1 great game and crown them great, or see a person have 1 bad game and say they are not all that.Plus,you dont have to field like Andrew Jones or hit like Puoljos to be college material.

I agree with you on day in and day out ability. I have seen Van Buren play and the CF#18/Beasley and SS#16/ferguson have college potential, especially for the Junior college level. The other two seniors RHP/C Bates has 6HR already, and 1B Slatton are assets to the team. One interesting thing to know is their baseball program does not start until at the high school level. Most of those atheletes never played baseball before then. All and all, that team is doing a really fine job. Plus, their present coach is building a solid baseball program for the future. He has established a middle school team this year! Way to go COACH!!!

QUOTE(spectator72 @ Mar 27 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826423836[/snapback]I agree with you on day in and day out ability. I have seen Van Buren play and the CF#18/Beasley and SS#16/ferguson have college potential, especially for the Junior college level. The other two seniors RHP/C Bates has 6HR already, and 1B Slatton are assets to the team. One interesting thing to know is their baseball program does not start until at the high school level. Most of those atheletes never played baseball before then. All and all, that team is doing a really fine job. Plus, their present coach is building a solid baseball program for the future. He has established a middle school team this year! Way to go COACH!!!

No little league or tee ball till middle school?

QUOTE(vpender @ Mar 27 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826424098[/snapback]No little league or tee ball till middle school?

we have tee ball but that is it until middle school and the maiddle school program just came around this year so yes hardly any of the vb players played baseball til high school and thank you spectator72 we here at vb thank you for your comment about us...

QUOTE(vpender @ Mar 27 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826424098[/snapback]No little league or tee ball till middle school?

we have tee ball but that is it until middle school and the maiddle school program just came around this year so yes hardly any of the vb players played baseball til high school and thank you spectator72 we here at vb thank you for your comment about us...

QUOTE(snoopy_25 @ Mar 28 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826424793[/snapback]we have tee ball but that is it until middle school and the maiddle school program just came around this year so yes hardly any of the vb players played baseball til high school and thank you spectator72 we here at vb thank you for your comment about us...

Yes that is what I was speaking of.A good little league system that keeps the kids involved and is fair for all unlike some counties like Bledsoe who play it for the parents!That is the reason that Bledsoe little league is whittleing away to nothing!

QUOTE(snoopy_25 @ Mar 28 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826424793[/snapback]we have tee ball but that is it until middle school and the maiddle school program just came around this year so yes hardly any of the vb players played baseball til high school and thank you spectator72 we here at vb thank you for your comment about us...

COLLEGE CHALLENGE!!:'snoopy_25'. ANOTHER CHALLENGE for players that have college potential at VB, such as the CF/#18 Beasley & SS/#16Ferguson, is to get scouted by 'ANY' college. Sure, they may see them when they're at another school playing that team. But, very doubtful because scots are usually there for a specific player and don't set and watch a butch of non-college candidates, therefore, allowing the college potential player to slide thru-the-cracks. When you are from a rural area, and let's face it, ya'all "are" rural, you just don't get that much scouting! ...and your'e welcome snooy 25 for my commment. I have more comments about that topic that I'll mention at a leter date.

QUOTE(spectator72 @ Mar 29 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826425661[/snapback]COLLEGE CHALLENGE!!:'snoopy_25'. ANOTHER CHALLENGE for players that have college potential at VB, such as the CF/#18 Beasley & SS/#16Ferguson, is to get scouted by 'ANY' college. Sure, they may see them when they're at another school playing that team. But, very doubtful because scots are usually there for a specific player and don't set and watch a butch of non-college candidates, therefore, allowing the college potential player to slide thru-the-cracks. When you are from a rural area, and let's face it, ya'all "are" rural, you just don't get that much scouting! ...and your'e welcome snooy 25 for my commment. I have more comments about that topic that I'll mention at a leter date.

Yes it is hard for us to get any scouts from and college up here to watch us. That in itself is unfair to the ones that is good enough for college ball but if its meant to be the ones that are good enough will get their shot at college ball...

both of the players you mentioned are good enough to play ball at a higher level.

QUOTE(snoopy_25 @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826425671[/snapback]Yes it is hard for us to get any scouts from and college up here to watch us. That in itself is unfair to the ones that is good enough for college ball but if its meant to be the ones that are good enough will get their shot at college ball...

both of the players you mentioned are good enough to play ball at a higher level.

If you are good enough the scouts will find you, even in a rural setting. If you don't believe that then ask Forrest about last year. The scouts had no problem finding Minor in the metropolis of Chapel Hill. A few years we had scouts coming to Eagleville to watch one of our pitchers. If you are good enough the scouts will find you. If the scouts are not showing up maybe they are not as good as you thought they were.

QUOTE(goforthegoal @ Mar 30 2007 - 09:15 AM) 826426411[/snapback]If you are good enough the scouts will find you, even in a rural setting. If you don't believe that then ask Forrest about last year. The scouts had no problem finding Minor in the metropolis of Chapel Hill. A few years we had scouts coming to Eagleville to watch one of our pitchers. If you are good enough the scouts will find you. If the scouts are not showing up maybe they are not as good as you thought they were.

You are correct about being found if you are as good as minor. His level of play is at the top level of college material or

Vandy (top ranked team in the NATION) wouldn't have taken him nor a MLB team wouldn't of made him the offers that he already has. Plus, even if a scout smells a hint of a good pitcher they will show. But, I disagree just a little because I have seen college material players never scouted in times past. Then again, time will tell (approximately 5 weeks) and everyone should know if a player had been scouted. I enjoy rooting for the underdog and I'll keep a watch on some of these one-horse-towns baseball teams.

Speaking about the "metropolis" of Chapel Hill, those people (of which are very friendly and nice folks) must have someone's attention. Have you seen their facility? It looks like a metropolis! So, if they can build that, then they can get the attention of a few scouts. Although, they do have a great baseball program and I am sure they have paid their dues.