Oak Ridge Baseball?

scoopz4

QUOTE(scoopz4 @ Mar 11 2007 - 01:27 PM) 826408138[/snapback]Haven't heard much about the Wildcats yet. How do yall think they will do in the district this year?

The cats earned another win tonight pushing there record to 4-0.

A great 9 inning game took place tonight for them and they pulled through and came out on top.

Oak Ridge has had a great start.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know the catcher from Oak Ridge but I like him because he helped the Halls basketball team beat Oak Ridge at Oak Ridge. His cute little outfit helped fire up the red devils and specifically Cameron as he went off for 31 points in that game, much to the dismay of his look-a-like. OR is undefeated in district play but they have played some of the bottom feeders in the district while Halls is undefeated in district play too but they have swept 2 of the top 3 teams in Karns and West. I look forward to seeing the sophomore pitcher for OR against the explosive Halls bats....it should be a good 2 games but I see Halls taking both.

As Always....Go Big Red!

Well so far we are8-1. We really havent played any hard teams in the district so far maybe Central, which we beat both times which they havent done in awhile. We had 5 or 6 seniors coming back 2 of them play alot last year the other 3 maybe got a couple of games here and there. Aaron Vargas has been at a slow start this season he is batting like .164 , but last Saturday he went 3-3 so he's working his way back up. Foxworth has been hitting the ball pretty good with power a 6'0 lefty. He will most likely be the power hitter. I didnt get much at bats last year but i hit a bomb off of Patterson last year about 390ft so I have some power which will help the wildcats. I'm a 6'3 174 lb switch hitter but Ive been batting righty aginst righty pitchers so I dunno , Brian Solmonson is another power hitter who didnt get much at bats last year in fact hit a homerun last Saturday he's like 5'8 163 lb.. It should be a good game between both teams. Us lacking pitching may hurt us Cody Williamson cant pitch every game

QUOTE(A-Rod @ Mar 26 2007 - 08:35 AM) 826422907[/snapback]Well so far ive been reading that thier 8-1. They havent really played any hard teams in the district so far maybe Central, which they beat both times which they havent done in awhile. They had 5 or 6 seniors coming back 2 of them play alot last year the other 3 maybe got a couple of games here and there. Aaron Vargas has been at a slow start this season he is batting like .164 , but last Saturday he went 3-3 so he's working his way back up. Foxworth has been hitting the ball pretty good with power a 6'0 lefty. He will most likely be the power hitter. Chris Winfree who didnt get much at bats last year but hit a bomb off of Patterson last year about 390ft so he has some power which will help the wildcats. He's a 6'3 174 lb switch hitter but he's been batting righty aginst righty pitchers so I dunno , Brian Solmonson is another power hitter who didnt get much at bats last year in fact hit a homerun last Saturday he's like 5'8 163 lb. Im goign to make sure i see both games this week when they play Halls. It should be a good game between both teams. They both can hit but Oak Ridges lack of pitching might hurt them Cody Williamson cant pitch every game

Well they lost to Halls tonight 6-5. I was there and it was a great game. I finally got to see the Winfree kid first hand and I must say I was very impressed. He is a 6'3 switch hitter batting cleanup and went 4 for 4 with a handfull of RBI's. I asked about the kid and found out he is a huge diamond in the rough and finally getting to showcase himself for OR. I've heard alot about the Foxworth kid as well and from what I hear having him and Winfree batting in the middle of the lineup has the potential of being one of the most dangerous tandems in the District. Oak Ridge looked very impressive and it looks like they are going to have a great year! If anybody has any information regarding the recruitment of the Foxworth and Winfree kid I would love to hear. A quick question for anybody from OR, why in the world is Winfree not playing in the field? I asked one of the parents from Karns and they said he has an absolute cannon from the outfield but he has freshman in there instead, whats up with that? Let the kid play he's a senior!!!

QUOTE(UTBaseball14 @ Mar 26 2007 - 07:30 PM) 826423374[/snapback]Well they lost to Halls tonight 6-5. I was there and it was a great game. I finally got to see the Winfree kid first hand and I must say I was very impressed. He is a 6'3 switch hitter batting cleanup and went 4 for 4 with a handfull of RBI's. I asked about the kid and found out he is a huge diamond in the rough and finally getting to showcase himself for OR. I've heard alot about the Foxworth kid as well and from what I hear having him and Winfree batting in the middle of the lineup has the potential of being one of the most dangerous tandems in the District. Oak Ridge looked very impressive and it looks like they are going to have a great year! If anybody has any information regarding the recruitment of the Foxworth and Winfree kid I would love to hear. A quick question for anybody from OR, why in the world is Winfree not playing in the field? I asked one of the parents from Karns and they said he has an absolute cannon from the outfield but he has freshman in there instead, whats up with that? Let the kid play he's a senior!!!

Well if you read the Oak Ridger you would probably see, the freshman your talking about, is hitting .300 and Winfree is hitting .304. Yes Winfree has a better average but he does not have as many at bats. Both are good players but if you look into things (slugging percentage, strikeouts, etc.) I'd give the freshman the position, because he's going to help you on in the future.

QUOTE(UTBaseball14 @ Mar 26 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826423374[/snapback]Well they lost to Halls tonight 6-5. I was there and it was a great game. I finally got to see the Winfree kid first hand and I must say I was very impressed. He is a 6'3 switch hitter batting cleanup and went 4 for 4 with a handfull of RBI's. I asked about the kid and found out he is a huge diamond in the rough and finally getting to showcase himself for OR. I've heard alot about the Foxworth kid as well and from what I hear having him and Winfree batting in the middle of the lineup has the potential of being one of the most dangerous tandems in the District. Oak Ridge looked very impressive and it looks like they are going to have a great year! If anybody has any information regarding the recruitment of the Foxworth and Winfree kid I would love to hear. A quick question for anybody from OR, why in the world is Winfree not playing in the field? I asked one of the parents from Karns and they said he has an absolute cannon from the outfield but he has freshman in there instead, whats up with that? Let the kid play he's a senior!!!

ok this has to be Winfree or his brother. I was at the game. Winfree went 2-4, at best 3-4. He had a good game but is a head case. Winfree isnt playing in the field because he flat out isnt as good as the freshman they have there. I dont know about the recruitment but i would know if they were being heavily recruited. sorry to burst your bubble. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well we lost today 6-5. I thought we put up a pretty good fight. We had a some errors here and there but Halls made five errors and still won. Im really looking forward to the rematch Wed. The only thing i could think of is that we left lil too many people on base. No UTbaseball14 isnt Winfree , Im Winfree, I either went 3-4 or 4-4 i dont really care i just wanna win this up coming game with Halls i cant stand getting beat at Home. Go WildCats

QUOTE(JohnDoe @ Mar 26 2007 - 08:23 PM) 826423440[/snapback]ok this has to be Winfree or his brother. I was at the game. Winfree went 2-4, at best 3-4. He had a good game but is a head case. Winfree isnt playing in the field because he flat out isnt as good as the freshman they have there. I dont know about the recruitment but i would know if they were being heavily recruited. sorry to burst your bubble. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And domination 3 and johndoe has to be from that trashy redneck guymon family. And um nice try with the stats, he was 4 for 4 I was there and if you noticed his brother was NOT there so I dont know why you would think it would be. And I know he is batting over 400 so nice try with the .302 crap. How could you ever call him a headcase?? How could you talk bad about your own players? Oak Ridge is just as trashy as the parents I do know from OR who have kids on the team have been telling me over the year. It's nothing but freshman parents backstabbing and manipulating coaches to get their sons PT when parents should just let the kids have fun and play. Chris is MUCH better outfielder than any freshman by such a long shot, he has yet to drop a ball and has a CANNON for an arm. I just cant believe these people are bad mouthing you knowing you will read it "arod", just ignore them and keep playing amazing ball big man!

QUOTE(UTBaseball14 @ Mar 27 2007 - 12:36 AM) 826423589[/snapback]And domination 3 and johndoe has to be from that trashy redneck guymon family. And um nice try with the stats, he was 4 for 4 I was there and if you noticed his brother was NOT there so I dont know why you would think it would be. And I know he is batting over 400 so nice try with the .302 crap. How could you ever call him a headcase?? How could you talk bad about your own players? Oak Ridge is just as trashy as the parents I do know from OR who have kids on the team have been telling me over the year. It's nothing but freshman parents backstabbing and manipulating coaches to get their sons PT when parents should just let the kids have fun and play. Chris is MUCH better outfielder than any freshman by such a long shot, he has yet to drop a ball and has a CANNON for an arm. I just cant believe these people are bad mouthing you knowing you will read it "arod", just ignore them and keep playing amazing ball big man!

ACTUALLY i am from the Guymon Family. Ive played with Winfree throughout high school. He had a good game this past Halls game. I hope he keeps it up throughout the season, but if you want to know y he isnt playing outfield, its because I've watched balls come out of Winfree's glove in right field like it was nothing. That is y he is not playing. and Winfree's batting average actually isnt over .400. I figured it up and it is .333. NOT Bashing Winfree or anything. He is doing great. UTBaseball14, i dont know who you are but to get on here and bash on someones family and school. You, my friend, are the trashy one!