Culleoka vs. CSAS & Humboldt vs. Temple

culleokarep

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally im tired of this "which side of tennessee is better"....how bout some predictions on the games and some info on the teams...tell me what you guys know about your teams...i dont know too much about csas at all......i know quite a bit about humboldt but not temple.....whats the story guys and whos gonna win em.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

temple is the perfect blend of size, speed, and talent (i predict that they'll win it all) csas is by far the quickest and most clutch team in the tournament (at least the quickest) that i've seen. i don't know too much about the other two so i'm gonna have to go with my region 3. temple by 6 and csas by 5 and in the finals i got temple by 10.

QUOTE(culleokarep @ Mar 15 2007 - 05:43 PM) 826413319[/snapback]it was one of the games coach slatten wasnt there for and the boys seem to overlook fairview...it was definately a gut check...they've really turned it around since that night

as for temple...they didnt impress me at all yesterday but at the same time...skogens shooting was off pretty bad...however dee newson looked really good in that game...i think hes the reason they won...sexton looked pretty good but it seemed to me that he didnt take it to the hole as much as he should have...i dont know if thats not part of his game but he seems like an athletic kid and although hes a good shooter i believe he had several oppurtunity's to take it to the hole...and josh smith was pretty much a beast as far as rebounding went yesterday....if temple gets their heads straight i think they can put it to humboldt....but they better do it quick because i thought humboldt seemed to be playing pretty decent against a fiesty wartburg team

To be completely honest about the way Temple played- Newson played TERRIBLE...and he would be the first to admit it... he is a ten times better played than that..and I hope and think he WILL show that tommorrow!!!

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:01 PM) 826413466[/snapback]To be completely honest about the way Temple played- Newson played TERRIBLE...and he would be the first to admit it... he is a ten times better played than that..and I hope and think he WILL show that tommorrow!!!

well if he played terrible then thats not saying a whole lot about skogens game....he seemed to play a pretty rough game

Skogan is really not that great of a player. He just shoots the ball a lot and has pretty good size and strength.

I've observed the last couple of years that if he doesn't play well Temple suffers all around.

If Temple can execute on offense, hit the boards and play good defense and stay out of foul trouble they can stay with Humboldt. If not it will not be pretty.

Temple will play full court man to man defense. I don't think Temple has played a zone since the early 90's maybe late 80's. They are not deep only playing six to seven players. The sixth and seventh do not play much at all. The key will be to stay out of foul trouble.

Offensively they like to push the ball up the floor. If you don't get back they will kill you on easy transition layups. Ask Csas that is what cost them the region title. Even as quick as CSAS is they did a bad job of getting back on D. Everything runs through Skogen. He is option 1 and 2. I haven't seen them as much this year as I did last year, but they usually like a lot of Hi or Lo 4 where they try to get their guys in one on one situations.

Dee Newsome - He is lightning quick. Handles the ball well. Really good point guard and is a good shooter. Good defensive pressure on the ball.

Jeremy Sexton - He is a good shooter, but his strength is as a slasher. I think he needs to be more aggressive taking the ball to the hole. Sometimes he is too passive. May come from being a soph and having to try to get Skogen the ball.

Josh Smith - Really good post defender. Really strong hard to move on the block. Pretty good post moves, but they don't get him the ball a lot on O.

Seth Skogen - Good shooter and can take you off the dribble. If he is on Temple is really hard to beat. He can post up but has not done so as much this year. I think this year he has been more of a face up type player.

Those are the four main players. The rest are the role players.

QUOTE(19591959 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:27 PM) 826413520[/snapback]Temple will play full court man to man defense. I don't think Temple has played a zone since the early 90's maybe late 80's. They are not deep only playing six to seven players. The sixth and seventh do not play much at all. The key will be to stay out of foul trouble.

Offensively they like to push the ball up the floor. If you don't get back they will kill you on easy transition layups. Ask Csas that is what cost them the region title. Even as quick as CSAS is they did a bad job of getting back on D. Everything runs through Skogen. He is option 1 and 2. I haven't seen them as much this year as I did last year, but they usually like a lot of Hi or Lo 4 where they try to get their guys in one on one situations.

Dee Newsome - He is lightning quick. Handles the ball well. Really good point guard and is a good shooter. Good defensive pressure on the ball.

Jeremy Sexton - He is a good shooter, but his strength is as a slasher. I think he needs to be more aggressive taking the ball to the hole. Sometimes he is too passive. May come from being a soph and having to try to get Skogen the ball.

Josh Smith - Really good post defender. Really strong hard to move on the block. Pretty good post moves, but they don't get him the ball a lot on O.

Seth Skogen - Good shooter and can take you off the dribble. If he is on Temple is really hard to beat. He can post up but has not done so as much this year. I think this year he has been more of a face up type player.

Those are the four main players. The rest are the role players.

I would add that Dee is a better player than he plays. He needs to shoot more to open up the inside.

I would agree that Jeremy needs to drive to the basket more and learn to dish off to Smith or Skogen.

Smith is a beast inside (believe me, I've played against him more than once). He makes it very difficult to get position down low. He uses his body very well on defense. On offense, if his team got him the ball more down low he would score a lot more than he does.

I've already given my thinking on Seth. He is looking to shoot the ball most of the time and doesn't pass that much. If he is on he can hurt the opposition fast.

QUOTE(culleokarep @ Mar 14 2007 - 08:08 PM) 826412085[/snapback]i was lookin through the schedules and i saw where temple blew out csas a couple times this year...and i wasnt fully impressed with temple today...i didnt get to see csas today...can anyone fill me in?

yeah in the season they blew arts&sciences out by 40...skogen couldnt miss a single shot and he was doing w/e he wanted to out there...if arts & sciences beats culleoka and they play temple in the finals...i think they'll give temple a run for their money.

QUOTE(VOLZ11 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826413553[/snapback]yeah in the season they blew arts&sciences out by 40...skogen couldnt miss a single shot and he was doing w/e he wanted to out there...if arts & sciences beats culleoka and they play temple in the finals...i think they'll give temple a run for their money.

that would be pretty kuhl to have two chattanooga teams in the championship