MCKENZIE REBEL BASEBALL

Butchie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was good to see the Rebels swinging the bat last night. !9 put outs and 2 strike outs. Was getting lil tired of seeing the double plays by JCS. Bugs did well. Coulda done without the errors though. But all in all good effort. Chester county game was different, Clint pitched well, and the offense helped out as well. But again the errors were present. You can get a 5th grader to run under a fly ball. No excuses.

Today brings the hosers from Trenton to town at 3:30. Come out to Rebel Field and support the Rebs. See ya at the game.

QUOTE(Dtime24 @ Apr 2 2007 - 10:16 AM) 826428181[/snapback]Anything on the jones boy? I heard he messed his hand up? How long? will it hurt the Rebels?

HEY Parker is a Vital Part of this team as the other members. Pop says another couple weeks. A couple tendons were cut in a freak accident goofing around with a four-wheeler. Hope to have him back soon. Thanks for ur concern.

Trenton came to town and stole rebel Field. They eat all our hotdogs and stole the burgers. Anybody have clue of what do we do now? If we could just catch the ^&**^^%$$&* BALL and if we could just throw the ^&*&&^%%$@#@%$& Ball and if we could hit the (**()())(&*^%$^&*&(* Ball. But our new uniforms look nice though. Tomorrows nightmare continues in Jackson against Lexington again. When is this season over anyhow?

• 2 weeks later...

Well the hosers from Henry county came to town and believe it or not we won. Heck I'm in shock. But the Jury is still out on the rebels. It has been three wins in a row. But let's wait and see what happens the next week before I start making bold predictions again. Go REBELS. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Butchie @ Apr 12 2007 - 08:15 PM) 826436223[/snapback]Well the hosers from Henry county came to town and believe it or not we won. Heck I'm in shock. But the Jury is still out on the rebels. It has been three wins in a row. But let's wait and see what happens the next week before I start making bold predictions again. Go REBELS. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

In other news Parker Jones returns and treated the fans to a homerun. Now this is somewhat unique. A homerun is a homerun right. And its not unheard of either. But Parker is right-handed and the cut was to his right hand middle finger. And he had to wear a brace to keep finger straight. We were cheering him on at the plate and it seemed to me and others he was shooting the bird, and hitting homerun at the same time. Good Job Parker, Glad to see ya back.

The Rebels are starting to find thier positions on the field and starting to play as a team. Batting stats are out and mid-way through someone is leading the team with a .519 average. Followed by big Tyler Reeder with an impressive .425. Now Tyler doesn"t lead the team in steals and for good reason. This Future Wildcat has and impressively large frame. Maybe some of u football players remember him he was the guy who was running over everybody like a wildman. He plays first base for us and has introduced himself to you so say hi as if u arrive at first.

And Derrick Carr, Our returning Quarterback, Follows Tyler with a .460. Now if we can get someone on in front of these guys runs should click rather easily. Rumor has it Our All-Star catcher who is none other than Drew Brown will take over his familiar spot as the lead off hitter. Oh yeah Baby he has a plus .400 average as well.

So the sinking ship in Rebel Land has new birth. Which should be bad news for others. With this thing rolling along I might even Brag on You Know Who. Did I mention he Helped close the door on 3-A Henry County. Pitched behind Sophmore hurler Chappell who held the Patriots to 5 runs while the Rebs scored 9. Good work guys its good to report something good for a change. This makes 3 in a row and undefeated in the Region. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Baddogg11 @ Apr 15 2007 - 10:55 PM) 826438301[/snapback]Good question

We can't answer questions about the thinking of the Coach. The History on Brown has been a slow start and a strong finish, but an all around good hitter. Bugs batting .519 in the third spot with Reeder and Carr behind him and Carr has more RBI's. Go figure? Is someone not getting on in front of our hitters? I'm not a coach but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Our infield has had about 6 different looks but finally we have some cosistency at key positions. We have Anderson who is a Sophmore with a better batting average than our other Senior but our Senior starts and batts and Anderson sits? Now we have been playing sloppy, and with lil or no offense at times but cmon somethings are easily seen. Quit moving em around and play the best players regardless of Senior or Freshman. I know every team has frustrating moments. I know alot of teams are curious of how well we will do after graduating so many upperclassmen. But we have alot of talent and quality pitching and maybe if we had some kind of a summer program like the other contenders for state have had we wouldn't be experiencing the things we are now. And after the showing we will put up this yr the Coach will be justified. He can say we made it to the Region. Well crap what does that take in 13A. When the other powerhouse is Huntingdon and us. Both teams have fallen down from 2A. Now I have taken alot of heat for singing my sons praises and boy I have enjoyed that but I also feel that the Mckenzie Rebel team, family, and Fans have been cheated as to what a season we could have had if an effort to have a summer program would have been pursued. Had I won a State Championship I would have thought a lil extra effort to keep up the winning tradition would have existed. But, atleast we won won in 1932 and again in 2006 and maybe our next one will be in 2100 or something. I look forward to the end of the season but in parting I would like to say It has been fun being with all the kids and Parents of the Rebels. I truly have enjoyed my sons experiences at the High School level and as we move on to the next I would like to say to all fans, players, and parents good luck to you and yours and by all means be safe, and enjoy ur kids they grow up too fast. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />