MCKENZIE REBEL BASEBALL

Butchie

QUOTE(thumper13 @ Apr 16 2007 - 02:47 PM) 826438708[/snapback]We can't answer questions about the thinking of the Coach. The History on Brown has been a slow start and a strong finish, but an all around good hitter. Bugs batting .519 in the third spot with Reeder and Carr behind him and Carr has more RBI's. Go figure? Is someone not getting on in front of our hitters? I'm not a coach but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Our infield has had about 6 different looks but finally we have some cosistency at key positions. We have Anderson who is a Sophmore with a better batting average than our other Senior but our Senior starts and batts and Anderson sits? Now we have been playing sloppy, and with lil or no offense at times but cmon somethings are easily seen. Quit moving em around and play the best players regardless of Senior or Freshman. I know every team has frustrating moments. I know alot of teams are curious of how well we will do after graduating so many upperclassmen. But we have alot of talent and quality pitching and maybe if we had some kind of a summer program like the other contenders for state have had we wouldn't be experiencing the things we are now. And after the showing we will put up this yr the Coach will be justified. He can say we made it to the Region. Well crap what does that take in 13A. When the other powerhouse is Huntingdon and us. Both teams have fallen down from 2A. Now I have taken alot of heat for singing my sons praises and boy I have enjoyed that but I also feel that the Mckenzie Rebel team, family, and Fans have been cheated as to what a season we could have had if an effort to have a summer program would have been pursued. Had I won a State Championship I would have thought a lil extra effort to keep up the winning tradition would have existed. But, atleast we won won in 1932 and again in 2006 and maybe our next one will be in 2100 or something. I look forward to the end of the season but in parting I would like to say It has been fun being with all the kids and Parents of the Rebels. I truly have enjoyed my sons experiences at the High School level and as we move on to the next I would like to say to all fans, players, and parents good luck to you and yours and by all means be safe, and enjoy ur kids they grow up too fast. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

This was a good write up but as far as Carr having more RBI's isn't that uncommon. He is in the 5 hole, so which means good hitters in front of him get on base. He may have more RBI's, but not that much more. From what i understand the 3, 4, and 5 hole hitters are all right there together. Also, as for the state championship team in 1932 we all know that is a joke. I mean come on, didn't they play for the state championship in Mckenzie and wasn't it against Dresden? Sounds like a district tournament to me. Please correct me if i am wrong.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God even I wasn't aware of Mckenzie playing Dresden. I really feel like crap mentioning it. Jeez.

And your right the 3,4,5 hitters are getting on and the point I was making is Carr leads in RBI's because the 3,4 combination not the 1,2 production.

But what the heck were starting to play better with fewer errors. So who knows whats next.

We won tonite and tomorrow we play at home against Clarksburg again. so come support the Rebels.

And Drew had a lead off double and was the first run scored for the Rebels tonite. Later in the game he led off another inning with a lead off double again, so moving him to the one spot has already paid off.

See ya at the Park game on at 5. p.m.

Well, Monday and Tuesday Mckenzie took 2 games from Clarksburg. Rebel Pitchers Smith and Kee both pitched well. The most reportables are the bats that are starting to really come alive. Reeder records his first homer as did Chapman. And Brown back in his spot at lead-off has really paid off. I think he has 4 doubles at that position. Today puts the Rebels on the road to Martin for a non-Region game, and tomorrow its Gleason and Scotts Hill on Friday.

See ya at the games.

And don't forget its the Hosers from Huntingdon next week so make plans to attend.

QUOTE(Butchie @ Apr 18 2007 - 05:06 AM) 826440050[/snapback]Well, Monday and Tuesday Mckenzie took 2 games from Clarksburg. Rebel Pitchers Smith and Kee both pitched well. The most reportables are the bats that are starting to really come alive. Reeder records his first homer as did Chapman. And Brown back in his spot at lead-off has really paid off. I think he has 4 doubles at that position. Today puts the Rebels on the road to Martin for a non-Region game, and tomorrow its Gleason and Scotts Hill on Friday.

See ya at the games.

And don't forget its the Hosers from Huntingdon next week so make plans to attend.

The Hosers will be ready Butchie! Tell them to strap 'em on tight.

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Apr 20 2007 - 07:53 PM) 826442077[/snapback]The Hosers will be ready Butchie! Tell them to strap 'em on tight.

Straps? Straps? We aint putting on a saddle for you Mustangs to ride on us Newstang. lol lol. We do expect to be able to hit the ball, run the bases and make some plays. A blow-out or a run-rule shouldn't be looked for by either team. Congratulations on your impressive season. May our whipping of you Monday merely slow your roll a little, lol. Not to spoil your season none so you can make it to the State level where maybe we can see you win it all. You guys have been playing well and here's wishing you much luck in what the whole community hope's for you. I'm out. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a heartbreaking losses to Huntingdon, Mckenzie has put together some good ballgames. And entering the District Playoffs in the second spot as I had predicted. The guys are swinging the bats alot better than previously reported. I just hope the sticks keep showing up at game time. Alot of the Huntingdon, Mckenzie rivalry has started to blossom and I'm happy to report no matter how the District plays out Mckenzie will make it to Region. BECAUSE its a weak District and the top two move on. So you guys fight nice and wish each other the best. I'm more concerned about who Mckenzie will face at the Region

Because if we don't win there the season is over for us. Huntingdon is is control of thier own destiny as are we. Good Luck to both clubs. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Well just when you think things are clicking a cog comes loose. Bruceton tried hard to give us the ballgame and ofcourse the Rebels were to have none of that. Four errors which allowed 3 runs to score is absolutely horrible. Clint Kee your a tough competitor young man, My advice to you is to quit kissing your girlfriend before games or quit eating what the Sophmore parents are serving in the concession stand. Being able to pitch while all the errors are being committed around you is one thing but throwing up between innings with cold chills is another. Your a true competitor young man. If some of the idiots committing all the errors were as serious about winning as you things would be different.

But ah what the heck, It will all be over with soon. I would hate to be the team that gets beat by us at District lol. They will say mckenzie beat ya'll /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />.

QUOTE(pitching scout @ May 1 2007 - 08:45 PM) 826449489[/snapback]I could not agree more. I don't know where our team was tonight. One more thing, you have got to manufacture a run when down only one run and no outs and a man on first. He should be stealing on the first pitch. Oh well, I will have to say one thing. Butchie, your a class act in my book and I will miss your posts. Hope Bugs goes as far as his heart desires and let's finish this thing out right Rebels. It's now or never as far as this season goes. See ya Friday.

Good question, where was our team?? Where was the coach?? I'm sure there is someone on that bench that can catch more fly balls in left field than 1 out of every 10. I don't think we should have been stealing on that first pitch, but we should have have been bunting without a doubt. Should have tried to bunt until he got it down or struck out trying to bunt. I'm not trying to run the players down, but they looked like they haven't ever played today. These guys are talented and have no business playing like that. When you can't catch routine fly balls and grounders, miss some spots on the mound, and don't produce runs when you have to this is usually the result. Its time for them to step up and play like they are capable of playing. Its not to late, friday is like starting a new season. All these games played so far this year means nothing now. Go out and do a job and see what happens. Good Luck!

I'm really getting bored with posting on this site cause it's the same ole crap. I have went out on a limb with these guys only to have it sawed off behind me. But good news guys if you want the season to be over here's your chance. Ya'll have as much talent as any other team with just as much ability. But all season you have lacked the heart and desire to prove what I and others have bragged that you have. But just remember it's you playing and making the plays I'm just an observer who wants more for you than you apparently want for yourself. And people's opinion of me doesn't faze me a bit, I hope when I die they bury me like Bobbie Knight face down and butt up lol. But it should bother you the way you have conducted yourself this season with the errors and lack of hussle and continued half-asserted effort.

I would like nothing more to see some real effort, hussle and desire the next few games. Because if you don't it's season over and the wondering starts about what could have been. No one exspects you to repeat, not even myself. But after winning it all last yr I can see how easy it is with effort desire and heart. These are things that cannot be coached into you. They can't be given to you. It's already there for you to find in yourself and apply it to the game. So let's go guys, Lets not end this on a sour note. Good Luck and see ya at the games.

well after rubbing my crystal ball and predicting Mckenzie to make the Region it seems I was vindicated. Congrats to the Mustangs on winning the district. And special cudo's to the haphazard Rebels. Now it's loser leave town night on Monday. Let's finish strong guys. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />