Tournaments- How much is too much?

swingaway

QUOTE(swingaway @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:22 PM) 826416275[/snapback]Well, the money does go to support a softball team, so that is good. I just wish there was a way for all tournaments to reduce the number of games played in one day by one or two.

If u are truely competitive and have a good group of athletes you can play 6-7 games a day. Look @ your traveling teams. I know ur ging to say they have more than one pitcher, but this summer we had a girl that pitched 4-6 games a day then came back on Sunday and did the same thing. It's in how they prepare for a tournament ( it's the coaches responsibility) to have his girls prepared! :

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"but this summer we had a girl that pitched 4-6 games a day then came back on Sunday and did the same thing. It's in how they prepare for a tournament ( it's the coaches responsibility) to have his girls prepared! : "

Come talk to me about that girl when she is about 18 and ready to try to use her talents to get a scholarship. I'll bet she is unable to pitch anymore. Overuse injuries are a reality. 4 to 6 games a day repeatably is a set up for tragedy.

QUOTE(Best @ Mar 28 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826425435[/snapback]"but this summer we had a girl that pitched 4-6 games a day then came back on Sunday and did the same thing. It's in how they prepare for a tournament ( it's the coaches responsibility) to have his girls prepared! : "

Come talk to me about that girl when she is about 18 and ready to try to use her talents to get a scholarship. I'll bet she is unable to pitch anymore. Overuse injuries are a reality. 4 to 6 games a day repeatably is a set up for tragedy.

This statement is very true.....by the time alot of pitchers are 18 their bodies have taken a beaten. Repeatedly using a pitcher is just not a good idea. Not only the injury part but the burn out part.....it happens.