Cyclone Pitchers

single7

I read coach Paynes reason in the paper why he doesn't allow his 3 senior pitchers to hit, he says they will be fresh at the end of the year,now sell that one to someone who doesn't know anything about high school baseball,these 3 players batted 2-3-4 in the line up before he came to coach now they set the bench while sophmores play with no backups to help,coach payne may have been a good college coach somebody please tell him where he is now,high school baseball is to be fun and to give kids a chance to play,never have I ever heard of a high school coach not letting good hiters hit because they pitch,he knows he is wrong that's why he tried to justafie it in the paper,we all know why you did it and it's a shame you have done this to these special and good baseball players,I hope you go back to college where you belong and maybe win or lose Elizabethton will give the job to someone who thinks about kids and not about themselfs,the last time I checked elizabethton didn't have any players in the majors I'm sure they are making money somewhere but not their,I know of 4 pitchers 3 left handed that has already went to another school so enjoy what you have now because Mr. Payne you can't recruit here and you are losing good players everyday,it's a small town word gets out maybe one day you will realize what you did , for the 3 boys I know the players you are and you can play for anybody it's a shame it had to be him

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hustle_Will_Win @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:27 PM) 826418135[/snapback]So far he's a proven winner so I'm really having trouble understanding this post. If high school sports were all about fun, why are the head coaching jobs for basketball and football in question right now?

He walked into the best talent Elizabethton has had in years, how good could they be if he played everyone he should?you must not be a cyclone or you would know,did he win the state last year and could he if those three played ,maybe not but will we ever know?

The man is a proven winner. His players are a TEAM. They know their rolls and accept them as members of the TEAM. I guess the biggest thing is that they are having fun being COACHED by someone who knows what he is doing and they respect him, both as a COACH and a MAN.

No Payne, No Gain!

As far as the players who left...........you just have to look at who they had to beat out for playing time and that gives you a solid answer. Very solid! Stats tell that story.

THE END OF THIS STORY.....

QUOTE(GLee @ Mar 20 2007 - 07:04 AM) 826418230[/snapback]The man is a proven winner. His players are a TEAM. They know their rolls and accept them as members of the TEAM. I guess the biggest thing is that they are having fun being COACHED by someone who knows what he is doing and they respect him, both as a COACH and a MAN.

No Payne, No Gain!

As far as the players who left...........you just have to look at who they had to beat out for playing time and that gives you a solid answer. Very solid! Stats tell that story.

THE END OF THIS STORY.....

My question is Why is Coach Payne so afraid of the Elizabethton Jr. Babe Ruth??? Most of his players from this year and last year played in the Jr. Babe Ruth and learned a lot from coaches like Tim Chambers, Rocky Davenport, Lamont and Rusty Barnett, Rick Garrison, Acie Ensor, Greg Hyder etc... and the list goes on and on. Not in the last 15 years or 20 has there been any problems with the Jr. Babe using the field at the high school. Now there is GREAT Payne in trying to play this years summer ball

As for the pitchers, Cody Marley for one, Scott Burleson, Robert Davenport are great hitters.. I would put them up against anyone on the team.... They all three had remarkable years in Babe Ruth and also in high school. Marley pitched in the World Series last year, pitched in two games of the State Tournament (a Homer) and batted 714 in the state and 630 in the world Series.. Robert played in the 18U Ameteur Youth World Series two years ago as a 16yr. old Sophomore, pitched and led the team in hitting en-route to the Championship game.. You are losing players and student from the county who would have attended Eliz. because of the athletics.. Compare now to 20 years ago, when Eliz. drew most of the athletes from keenburg, Hunter and Valley Forge.. Now most go to Unaka and almost all from Valley Forge area goes to a winning program at Hampton. Payne is loaded with talent but after next year is starts weeding out, Lets see what you think about him then if he is still around. I think when his son grads he's gone..

PITCHERS DO WANT TO BAT. THATS THE MOST FUN IN THE GAME..IF THIS CONTINUES, NO PITCHERS WILL WANT TO PLAY FOR BETSY, IF THEY CAN HIT

2001-2002-2003-2005 2006 JR. BABE RUTH STATE CHAMPS 13-14-15 AND 16 YEAR OLDS

You know me. If there was a problem going on I would be the first to address the situation.

Baseball is a team game and they play as a team and each player has a 'roll' to fill. These young men do a fantastic job in thier perspective rolls and Payne has a very keen eye for filling the 'rolls' with the right players. He is extemely fortunate to have the personnel available to handle the team in this manner for the size of Elizabethton High School (around 800). The part of giving out 'rolls' is a very tough job for a coach, but the decisions Payne has made have led to nothing but success. I support him 100% as do 99% of the parents and fans. I have nothing but respect for the coach and the players for the effort they put into the game. Their practices are extemely well organized as is there efforts on the field of play.

Now, in a few days the stats will be updated on www.cyclonesbb.com Everyone please take a peek and see where there are 'holes' that need to be filled. You would be hard pressed to replace anyone who is a regular contributor. Heck, I think my kid would like to pitch. Deke, would you or Rocky put him on the mound? Marley is doing a fine job. He has some starts under his belt in the field as well as on the mound. Gonna have to find another argument for that kid.

To me, this thread seems to be tied to the Babe Ruth problem. What you distractors are doing is not good for the kids. I seem to have learned that lesson during football season. CoachT is a hoot at times, but when the kids read some of this stuff.......no it's not good.

Furthermore, this is a terrible thread and is headed no where but down. Sorry, but there is no 'meat' in this oven.

QUOTE(GLee @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:10 AM) 826418336[/snapback]You know me. If there was a problem going on I would be the first to address the situation.

Baseball is a team game and they play as a team and each player has a 'roll' to fill. These young men do a fantastic job in thier perspective rolls and Payne has a very keen eye for filling the 'rolls' with the right players. He is extemely fortunate to have the personnel available to handle the team in this manner for the size of Elizabethton High School (around 800). The part of giving out 'rolls' is a very tough job for a coach, but the decisions Payne has made have led to nothing but success. I support him 100% as do 99% of the parents and fans. I have nothing but respect for the coach and the players for the effort they put into the game. Their practices are extemely well organized as is there efforts on the field of play.

Now, in a few days the stats will be updated on www.cyclonesbb.com Everyone please take a peek and see where there are 'holes' that need to be filled. You would be hard pressed to replace anyone who is a regular contributor. Heck, I think my kid would like to pitch. Deke, would you or Rocky put him on the mound? Marley is doing a fine job. He has some starts under his belt in the field as well as on the mound. Gonna have to find another argument for that kid.

To me, this thread seems to be tied to the Babe Ruth problem. What you distractors are doing is not good for the kids. I seem to have learned that lesson during football season. CoachT is a hoot at times, but when the kids read some of this stuff.......no it's not good.

Furthermore, this is a terrible thread and is headed no where but down. Sorry, but there is no 'meat' in this oven.

But what is Marleys Batting Avg...??? This is the whole post, pitchers not getting to bat. Like I said his batting avg. in the state and world series was excellent... You know the competetion, you have been there sereral time. And Yes your kid can pitch, but would you give up his stick??? Pitchers can bat!!!! My son wants to bat not just play defense.. In basketball woul;d you like to pass all the time and not shoot??? Would you like to be the QB and run the ball all the time without passing or handing off???

U know the situation u had to make your own team because of fields and so on.. As for football, your kid was the player last year and the football is doomed this year, not many leaders coming up... Yes your son was the leader and should have been a few years before he got the chance. We all know that...

QUOTE(GLee @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:10 AM) 826418336[/snapback]You know me. If there was a problem going on I would be the first to address the situation.

The bottom line here is everyone who is on a baseball team has a right to work and try to push the other players , this makes everyone better,nobody ever said anything about changing the line up ,I know why he did this and you do too, why would any high school coach not want to go to the bench and bring out a proven senior or have them in case of an injury, these kids have accepted their rolls but they had no choice,I really hope they win the state because of the love i have for the kids as far as the coach he did them wrong and he will have to live with it,he should be a teacher first and baseball coach second,what kind of message has he sent to them? Funny thing to me is no other coach in the tri cities can understand why he did this and they all said they would love to have all 3 of them to play and not just pitch,I guess every coach in the world is wrong and Payne is right so I am done with this but I watched all these kids grow up and play and he didn't you and i and alot of other coaches always gave these kids a CHANCE to play and that's what they deserved at this level too.

QUOTE(single7 @ Mar 20 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826418432[/snapback]The bottom line here is everyone who is on a baseball team has a right to work and try to push the other players , this makes everyone better,nobody ever said anything about changing the line up ,I know why he did this and you do too, why would any high school coach not want to go to the bench and bring out a proven senior or have them in case of an injury, these kids have accepted their rolls but they had no choice,I really hope they win the state because of the love i have for the kids as far as the coach he did them wrong and he will have to live with it,he should be a teacher first and baseball coach second,what kind of message has he sent to them? Funny thing to me is no other coach in the tri cities can understand why he did this and they all said they would love to have all 3 of them to play and not just pitch,I guess every coach in the world is wrong and Payne is right so I am done with this but I watched all these kids grow up and play and he didn't you and i and alot of other coaches always gave these kids a CHANCE to play and that's what they deserved at this level too.

I am just an old Eastman employee,former player, but I did play at the professional level for a few years. Ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you that you DO NOT do this at the high school level.In college,yes that may happen, but sometimes the pitchers with the day off will be called on to pinch hit! I have heard great things about the new baseball coach but he is wrong in this case! I have been told that the middle school program is at an all time low.Someone hired an ex-college player to coach them and a co-worker said he has a family member there and that this coach does absolutely no coaching!

The Supt or the board had better take the ath. program by the horns or Eliz will keep slipping until we are the laughing stock of East Tenn! This years basketball team has already given them a good start.