Siegel vs. Oakland

Sports Guroo

The Siegel Stars (2-4) hosted the Oakland Patriots (6-0) last night and lost 5-2. The first run was balked in last night by Derek Faust #23 that looked to be like the only run to be scored against the Stars for quite some time. Faust put up a fight for the majority of the game until things began to come unglued for the Stars. The Stars had 3 errors last night and 7 BBs. Parsley opened it up for the Pats after a triple to bring in the speedy Polk. That was all she wrote. The Stars did however make a run and score 2 runs but left the bases loaded. Oakland improved to (7-0) and (1-0) in the district as the Stars dropped their third straight and pushed their record to (2-5) and (0-1) in the district.

Stars Pitching:

Faust - 5 1/3 IP 5H 5BB 10Ks

Watson - 1 2/3 IP 1H 2BB 3Ks

Stars Hitting:

J. Shaffer - 1/3 2 (1B) 1 RBI

D. Pearce - 1/3 1 (1B)

M. Dodrill - 1/3 1 (1B)

Patriots Pitching:

Barnes - 6IP 4H 4BB 6Ks

C. Barrett - 1IP 0H 0BB 0Ks

Patriots Hitting:

Parsley - 1/3 1 (3B) 1 RBI

Fann - 1/2 1 (2B)

Dodd - 1/2 1 (1B)

Polk - 1/3 1 (1B)

Tonight the game will be at Oakland at 6:30pm CST. The pitching for both teams is uncertain. Robinson seems to be having fatique problems and Pats second pitcher, Burnett, is held down with Bronchitis. This should be a great game at Oakland.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(In10city @ Mar 21 2007 - 11:24 PM) 826419996[/snapback]Excellent job on the analysis.

Wow, 10 strikeouts for Faust. That's pretty impressive too.

What's Hawks feeding those boys?

And how'd tonight turn out?

Well I just got back to my room in panama for spring break /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> and i've got a voicemail saying Oakland won 5-2. I don't have much details just that Dodd went yard and Burnett pitched a heck of a game. I believe thats an 8-0 record for the Pats!

QUOTE(In10city @ Mar 21 2007 - 11:24 PM) 826419996[/snapback]Excellent job on the analysis.

Wow, 10 strikeouts for Faust. That's pretty impressive too.

What's Hawks feeding those boys?

And how'd tonight turn out?

The game went as I figured. Siegel baseball without any run production yet again in a key district game. Oakland looked lively throughout the game and, heck, even through fungo practice during pregame. The Stars on the other hand fumbled baseballs around the whole friggin' infield during pregame and couldn't get crap together. It showed during the game. Three or four errors a game and no blocked balls will hurt you in the long run you can bet on that. The Patriots pushed their record to (8-0) and the Stars a measly (2-6). The potential is there for the Stars now if only they could learn how to win.

Burnett was very impressive throughout and they didn't score off of him. He might have had a couple of hits against him.

Barret came in for the second time in the same amount of nights and shut 'em down.

Dodd, after his 2 run shot over the lights, came in and gave up the only run of the night.

Oakland is a force to be dealt with in the District this year. If they continue to hit and claw and scratch against some other teams, they WILL get that #1 seed. I really hope they can turn it up!

PJ Polk is having a slow start, a start that no one expected. His wheels are there and he is flawless in the outfield. It will be a couple of days before he is batting of .400 and going 17 for 17 again.

QUOTE(Sports Guroo @ Mar 22 2007 - 10:47 PM) 826420793[/snapback]The game went as I figured. Siegel baseball without any run production yet again in a key district game. Oakland looked lively throughout the game and, heck, even through fungo practice during pregame. The Stars on the other hand fumbled baseballs around the whole friggin' infield during pregame and couldn't get crap together. It showed during the game. Three or four errors a game and no blocked balls will hurt you in the long run you can bet on that. The Patriots pushed their record to (8-0) and the Stars a measly (2-6). The potential is there for the Stars now if only they could learn how to win.

Burnett was very impressive throughout and they didn't score off of him. He might have had a couple of hits against him.

Barret came in for the second time in the same amount of nights and shut 'em down.

Dodd, after his 2 run shot over the lights, came in and gave up the only run of the night.

Oakland is a force to be dealt with in the District this year. If they continue to hit and claw and scratch against some other teams, they WILL get that #1 seed. I really hope they can turn it up!

PJ Polk is having a slow start, a start that no one expected. His wheels are there and he is flawless in the outfield. It will be a couple of days before he is batting of .400 and going 17 for 17 again.

whow easy buddy... bad blood with siegel?

QUOTE(Sports Guroo @ Mar 22 2007 - 11:47 PM) 826420793[/snapback]The game went as I figured. Siegel baseball without any run production yet again in a key district game. Oakland looked lively throughout the game and, heck, even through fungo practice during pregame. The Stars on the other hand fumbled baseballs around the whole friggin' infield during pregame and couldn't get crap together. It showed during the game. Three or four errors a game and no blocked balls will hurt you in the long run you can bet on that. The Patriots pushed their record to (8-0) and the Stars a measly (2-6). The potential is there for the Stars now if only they could learn how to win.

The Stars have to produce runs, especially with bases loaded. When the pitcher throws 10 or 11 K's, there has to be run support. Faust pitched a great game, and made the Pats look ridiculous with his curve ball, but errors and no run support killed...

QUOTE(Sports Guroo @ Mar 22 2007 - 11:47 PM) 826420793[/snapback]PJ Polk is having a slow start, a start that no one expected. His wheels are there and he is flawless in the outfield. It will be a couple of days before he is batting of .400 and going 17 for 17 again.

Agreed, PJ will get out of his slump, he's a great kid and even better athlete.

Good Luck to both teams, but hopefully the Stars will turn things around this weekend against Lavergne and Hendersonville and take momentum against White County on Monday and Tuesday.

QUOTE(Winners Inc @ Mar 23 2007 - 12:29 AM) 826420815[/snapback]whow easy buddy... bad blood with siegel?

No. Not at all.

If Siegel would listen to your signature then they would be a lot better though. They have the talent and coaching to battle for the number one spot, and here they are getting swept by their cross town rival. They are MUCH better than what has been indicated early. They have always started slow, but they never started slow and had to play district games in the beginning of the season. I think Coach Reavis thought that the slow start was behind them. Clearly, we were both wrong. After I saw the preseason numbers I thought the Stars were ready.

They aren't.

Hendersonville and White County they should come up with three wins. If they do not, tighten up Siegel... you are in for a long ride.

QUOTE(Sports Guroo @ Mar 23 2007 - 02:37 AM) 826420829[/snapback]No. Not at all.

If Siegel would listen to your signature then they would be a lot better though. They have the talent and coaching to battle for the number one spot, and here they are getting swept by their cross town rival. They are MUCH better than what has been indicated early. They have always started slow, but they never started slow and had to play district games in the beginning of the season. I think Coach Reavis thought that the slow start was behind them. Clearly, we were both wrong. After I saw the preseason numbers I thought the Stars were ready.

They aren't.

Hendersonville and White County they should come up with three wins. If they do not, tighten up Siegel... you are in for a long ride.

i wouldnt count hendersonville as a win you CAN win it but it is not a sure win

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 23 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826421034[/snapback]i wouldnt count hendersonville as a win you CAN win it but it is not a sure win

I simply said they "should" come up with wins, in no way form or fashion was I counting this as a gimme win. That would be in impossiblity with the Stars. So, I didn't count them as a win. I said should.

Thanks.