eddie salter

modincus

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(global98 @ Mar 25 2007 - 03:28 PM) 826422259[/snapback]As I thought I stated, you cannot play a varsity sport for one year if you transfer without a corresponding change of residence and have an athletic record (jv included) in that sport. Football, basketball, baseball, and track are included together.

The year only applies to Varsity sports. I dont believe TSSAA even keeps up with jv rosters anyways. If whats you are saying is true why would a transfer be allowed to even play jv basketball?

QUOTE(global98 @ Mar 26 2007 - 09:32 AM) 826422860[/snapback]TSSAA looks at athletic participation and goes one year from the date of your last participation in that sport before you are eligible for varsity competition. As long as you are academically eligible, you can always play jv. Check tssaa.org to see that I am correct on this.

Yes. This is correct.

QUOTE(redandwhiteforever @ Mar 23 2007 - 03:57 PM) 826421130[/snapback]Im surprised some want out now. I thought Salter was the one who had trouble keeping kids there (Skogans, Eldridge, Jesse Taylor, Grouthous.) I am not familar with the coach they hired, but I was surprised they hired someone in house so quickly. Did they even look at other candidates? But I guess thats just kinda how Christian schools operate.

Jim Arnold was coach of the year at Bryan when he coached there. He helped turn their girls program around to the powerhouse that they are now. He can coach.

• 4 weeks later...