Tennessee Basketball

Codeair2000

I have played on several AAU teams in the past and we have played in North Carolina, West Virgina, and Virgina but out of state competition doesn't seem as hard as team in Tennessee. So here is the question does Tennessee school ball programs play at a higher level then some of the surrounding states? I live maybe 10 to 15 mins away from VA and after seeing VA ball programs compared to TN ball programs it doesn't seem much of a match. I am really I haven't heard that big of names come out of VA except for the Oak Hill boys and I never really hear about anyone coming out of NC. But when it comes to TN you have Brandan Wright, Wayne Chism, Willie Kemp, Corey Brewer, Thaddeus Young, Delk twins, Tyler Smith, and the list goes on. Who from VA? Who from NC? Who from SC? I was just wondering if anyone else had the same opinions or any different?

Add Lee Humphrey (Maryville) to the list, too, who has 14 points for the Gators through the first 18 minutes of their Elite 8 game versus Oregon.

Tennessee high school basketball has really picked it up a notch or two in the past decade, with both players and programs really making a splash on the national level.

While Tennessee tends to get squeezed out of discussions of powerful high school football states in the south - primarily becuase of being surrounded by good football states like AL, GA, and MS - it is definitely making up for it in basketball, making Tennessee a pretty decent state for high school talent across the three major sports (baseball talent is picking up as well).

Tennessee football is no where near the level that it is in other southern states. Probably better than Kentucky. Basketball is ok. This state does produce more basketball talent than it does in other sports. I would classify this as a basketball state though. However its not up there with NC, GA or FL.

QUOTE(Ineedalife @ Mar 29 2007 - 09:54 AM) 826425664[/snapback]Tennessee football is no where near the level that it is in other southern states. Probably better than Kentucky. Basketball is ok. This state does produce more basketball talent than it does in other sports. I would classify this as a basketball state though. However its not up there with NC, GA or FL.

would not say even better than ky in football. ky has kicked their butts in the last few all star games. maybe that is why cartwright is ending the series.

QUOTE(Ineedalife @ Mar 29 2007 - 09:54 AM) 826425664[/snapback]Tennessee football is no where near the level that it is in other southern states. Probably better than Kentucky. Basketball is ok. This state does produce more basketball talent than it does in other sports. I would classify this as a basketball state though. However its not up there with NC, GA or FL.

would not say even better than ky in football. ky has kicked their butts in the last few all star games. maybe that is why cartwright is ending the series.