Hickman Co. High School

meandawg08

NOT TRYING TO BE SMART BUT.......IF YOUR ON THE LEVEL OF TALENT WITH FAIRVIEW AND US....THEN I WANT TO KNOW HOW DID YALL GET SO GOOD ALL OF A SUDDEN?????????BEACAUSE WE BEAT YALL LAST YEAR WHEN YALL WERE 4A AND NOW YALL ARE 2A AND HICKMAN MIGHT BE LOSING PLKAYERS TO EAST HICKMAN SO.................WERE ALL THE TALENT COMING FROM......

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hindians13 @ Apr 7 2007 - 10:41 PM) 826432135[/snapback]You guys played some tough teams last year i will give you that but it isnt like yall played them real taough. we played tough teams too. DCA, CPA, FRA, Goodpasture, ever heard of um? the only team you guys will beat this year is youur jv team over at the new school.

Better quit before you embarass yourself. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Lc pride @ Apr 8 2007 - 12:10 AM) 826432191[/snapback]NOT TRYING TO BE SMART BUT.......IF YOUR ON THE LEVEL OF TALENT WITH FAIRVIEW AND US....THEN I WANT TO KNOW HOW DID YALL GET SO GOOD ALL OF A SUDDEN?????????BEACAUSE WE BEAT YALL LAST YEAR WHEN YALL WERE 4A AND NOW YALL ARE 2A AND HICKMAN MIGHT BE LOSING PLKAYERS TO EAST HICKMAN SO.................WERE ALL THE TALENT COMING FROM......

I guarantee our teams GPA has got to be higher than yours. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(PapaKJoe @ Apr 7 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826432124[/snapback]Exactly.....we were a doormat in that region since it inception and we got out of that in two short years with just learning how to play hard. I feel we're right there with lewis co. and fairview talent wise right now so its easy to see why some of us are excited again about football here in Hickman Co. Give east a couple years and lookout (as bad as it hurts me to say it).We beat Lewis last year and played their tales off this year, fairview spanked us in 05 and escaped with a narrow victory this year. We're gaining ground it looks like, and we're still young with only six seniors I believe. That may hurt us buy if it doen'st the next two years should be just what we need to get back to the way Moe would want it. Word is we are scrimmaging Martin Westview this spring, don't know the date.

HC has beat LC maybe once in the last 25 years when they had an enrollment of 1200 kids and now with an enrollment of half that they are right there with LC talent wise? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(chucky @ Apr 8 2007 - 08:21 AM) 826432251[/snapback]HC has beat LC maybe once in the last 25 years when they had an enrollment of 1200 kids and now with an enrollment of half that they are right there with LC talent wise? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yes, we owned them until the 90s but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 7 2007 - 08:39 PM) 826432082[/snapback]HHS, thanks buddy /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Are the guys working in the weight room right now or are workouts once again optional to the players???? There were some guys on Harpeth's team last year who really impressed me in the game against Cheatham Co. The little RB #24 (I THINK) is one that comes to mind right away. Another was #40 who played LB. Weren't both of those guys underclassmen last year????? What are some strengths and weaknesses to expect from Harpeth this upcoming season??????

Also if you can please give me a spring scrimmage date for Harpeth if there's one available. I know that Harpeth doesn't play Cheatham Co. this upcoming season and the game against Sycamore isn't until week ten but I'd like to see the Indians in person anyway prior to the start of the season.

Finally, tell Loope that I SAID TO GET HIS TAIL TO MCDONALD'S on Saturday mornings this upcoming fall. I talked with the radio owner the other day and we both decided that it would be great if we could get a Harpeth segment on the show every weekend so with that in mind if Loope or any of the players or assistant coaches want to come to McDonald's on Saturday mornings we'll be more than happy to extend the Coaches' Show on Saturday's from 8:30-10AM by 30 MINUTES and either make it from 8-10AM OR from 8:30-10:30AM. Either way is fine with me because I have no problem at all with spending an extra 30 MINUTES every Saturday morning talking about high school football. Drew Johnson & Jamie Wilson have shown up in the past during basketball season and it's time for the people in CHEATHAM COUNTY to know that Harpeth Football is a part of Friday nights in the fall just like Sycamore & Cheatham Co. Central Football.

Spring scrimmages I dont know any coming up, but as soon as I figure one out I will tell you. They already scrimmaged Portland, but they only had I think 14 players, they got killed. Half of the line is on the track team throwing so they didnt have them. Some weaknesses that I can see this year is going to be some of the Dbacks, I dont see a lot of experience wtih the loss of Matt Mangrum and Pierce Horkins. Some Strengths are the players with experience coming back, a lot of players played last year including freshmen. The line should be a streghth this year along with the backfield, another weakness is in fact depth though, that is going to kill them this year.

There will be a lot more working out this year, but Harpeth is low on players. They have around 31 or so counting freshman if I am not mistaken.

Seniors for this year include:Patrick Clark, who will get a majority of the carries this year, he can play QB, RB, WR, and any place in the DB area. I think they will consider him the Athlete of the team. Next is, Joseph Mangrum, he will be the leader on Defense, with a great pass rush game, he needs to learn how to stay at home a little better and he will be a force to reckon with, he also plays TE. Mark McMillan is your next Senior, he is around 6'4 290 or so, he's a big guy who is a good blocker. He will be the leader of the line this year. Steven Dixon will join Mark on the line, and will most likely play the other tackle, but most likely a blocking TE with the ability to go out for a pass(hot pass that is), it helps that he is 6'8. Daniel Beasley will be the WR leader, with alright speed, hands, and footwork. Eddie Sotomeyer needs to get his attitude in check, and he will be alright. He will play linebacker even though he is too slow, and lineman on offense.

Juniors is a shorter list with Joel Fletcher being the leader of this group, he didnt get to play last year, because of grades but he is a hard hitter and loves to play. Jordan Clark(#40) is the linebacker this year, he needs to study the game more, and become a little more physical and he will be a fine player.

Sophomores:This is the class that will turn the program around. Ray Hayes(#24) has speed, good hands, and great Offensive awareness. I look for him to get stronger in the summer and be a threat for a dangerous run game in the fall. Perry Horkins will be the best WR on the team with great hands and good break away speed. Zack Douglas, Travis Stanfield, and Nathan Ferrel will anchor down the line for the next three years along with Jacob Conatser(cousin to josh and adam) there line should be just fine this year returning everybody except one. Jeremy Roark will be the Leader on the offense again for his second year. He will have a good season this year, and should be breaking records by his senior year.

Dont know enough about the freshman to tell you anything.

Better quit before you embarass yourself. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I guarantee our teams GPA has got to be higher than yours

Now as far as i can ever rember i didnt matter what your GPA was in a football game....and im sure there GPA isnt gonna win them a football game /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ......and if it does then you can tell me about it /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

also your in the wrong message board if you are wanting to talk about your players GPA scores....and i never said anything about GPA scores???????

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Apr 8 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826432304[/snapback]Spring scrimmages I dont know any coming up, but as soon as I figure one out I will tell you. They already scrimmaged Portland, but they only had I think 14 players, they got killed. Half of the line is on the track team throwing so they didnt have them. Some weaknesses that I can see this year is going to be some of the Dbacks, I dont see a lot of experience wtih the loss of Matt Mangrum and Pierce Horkins. Some Strengths are the players with experience coming back, a lot of players played last year including freshmen. The line should be a streghth this year along with the backfield, another weakness is in fact depth though, that is going to kill them this year.

There will be a lot more working out this year, but Harpeth is low on players. They have around 31 or so counting freshman if I am not mistaken.

Seniors for this year include:Patrick Clark, who will get a majority of the carries this year, he can play QB, RB, WR, and any place in the DB area. I think they will consider him the Athlete of the team. Next is, Joseph Mangrum, he will be the leader on Defense, with a great pass rush game, he needs to learn how to stay at home a little better and he will be a force to reckon with, he also plays TE. Mark McMillan is your next Senior, he is around 6'4 290 or so, he's a big guy who is a good blocker. He will be the leader of the line this year. Steven Dixon will join Mark on the line, and will most likely play the other tackle, but most likely a blocking TE with the ability to go out for a pass(hot pass that is), it helps that he is 6'8. Daniel Beasley will be the WR leader, with alright speed, hands, and footwork. Eddie Sotomeyer needs to get his attitude in check, and he will be alright. He will play linebacker even though he is too slow, and lineman on offense.

Juniors is a shorter list with Joel Fletcher being the leader of this group, he didnt get to play last year, because of grades but he is a hard hitter and loves to play. Jordan Clark(#40) is the linebacker this year, he needs to study the game more, and become a little more physical and he will be a fine player.

Sophomores:This is the class that will turn the program around. Ray Hayes(#24) has speed, good hands, and great Offensive awareness. I look for him to get stronger in the summer and be a threat for a dangerous run game in the fall. Perry Horkins will be the best WR on the team with great hands and good break away speed. Zack Douglas, Travis Stanfield, and Nathan Ferrel will anchor down the line for the next three years along with Jacob Conatser(cousin to josh and adam) there line should be just fine this year returning everybody except one. Jeremy Roark will be the Leader on the offense again for his second year. He will have a good season this year, and should be breaking records by his senior year.

Dont know enough about the freshman to tell you anything.

The sophomore class seems talented and with another year under their belts in '07 they could compete for a playoff berth in '08. Who knows????? If they can get a few breaks early in the season and build some confidence then they can compete in '07. The mental block of having to play all of those PRIVATES week in and week out is finally gone and now Harpeth has a good shot to return to the glory days of the late-90's if the players will buy into wanting to WIN!!!!

QUOTE(PapaKJoe @ Apr 8 2007 - 08:38 AM) 826432254[/snapback]Yes, we owned them until the 90s but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oh, you mean pre-Coach Sharp days, since his arrival what is HC record against LC, 1 - 21 isn't? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(chucky @ Apr 8 2007 - 06:43 PM) 826432584[/snapback]Oh, you mean pre-Coach Sharp days, since his arrival what is HC record against LC, 1 - 21 isn't? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

That's a terrible analogy because Hickman Co. fans can say that they are now in the "Swenson Era" and with that in mind since he took over that HCHS the Bulldogs record against LCHS is 1-1 which means that Eric Swenson vs Bobby Sharp is now tied at 1-1. NO MORE!!!! NO LESS!!!!

IT IS WHAT IT IS AND NOW BOTH SCHOOLS CAN'T REFLECT ON WHO'S BEATEN WHO IN THE PAST SINCE WE ARE IN A NEW ERA AND THESE TWO SCHOOLS ARE NOW REGION RIVALS!!!!

it will be 2-1 after we play yall /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Lc pride @ Apr 8 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826432717[/snapback]it will be 2-1 after we play yall /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

This is exactly why we're glad to be back. Inner city nashville didn' t really care, we didn't exist. Now its back to old unfinised business and man I can't wait. Gotta love those small town rivalries! Go Dawgs!!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(PapaKJoe @ Apr 8 2007 - 10:03 PM) 826432739[/snapback]This is exactly why we're glad to be back. Inner city nashville didn' t really care, we didn't exist. Now its back to old unfinised business and man I can't wait. Gotta love those small town rivalries! Go Dawgs!!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Total agreement papa, we're going to hear how weak the region is, but those of us in it are sure going to have fun!!!