Henry county football

the prophet

QUOTE(Red Warrior @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826432914[/snapback]I hope you art right about Henry County but what is your basis for making them a favorite. They lost everyone on offense including their best player and three year starter at QB and they lost their best defender plus a few more on defense. How is Munford an over achiever? Let them play with "home grown" kids from Munford and I will give them some credit. Then they would be like everyone else. Being a retired coach, I take offense with your comment about Brighton. What do you know about coaching football that enables you to say that they "lack" coaching? Do you coach for a living? I hope you are correct about JCM. Why do you suggest their program is headed downhill? Your post is an interesting one but I would like some clarifcation.

You must have to give your address to receive mail as FANTASY LAND!! GET REAL! Do you mean to tell us that in your 35 years of coaching you NEVER filled out a transfer form for a new student in your district, or are you telling us that you simply refused to let anyone play for you unless they were "home grown." If you expect anyone to believe that, then you must think we all fell off turnips trucks in Savannah, Munford, Brighton, and Jackson. I only wonder when your whinning will begin about the transfer from Riverdale going to JCM. (Bet it starts only and when JCM puts the hammer on HC...Can hear the screams now. CHEAT. CHEAT , CHEAT.) Read an interesting article the other day in the Memphis Commercial Appeal about the young man at Raleigh-Egypt that won the Tennessee Mr Basketball (AAA) Award. Quote.."Since middle-school I started looking for the 1. right school 2. the right coach 3. the right surrounding players...that would help put me in a position to be successful in my basketball career. I found the right school at Raleigh-Egypt, the right coach in Jimmy Allen, and the players at the school were solid. It was easy for me to make the decesion on where to go to school." Believe it or not, kids and parents in the REAL WORLD consider those same questions and possibilities and make choices based on their observations. Find another dead horse to ride. You've ridden the Munford one into the ground!!!!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wtnoff @ Apr 9 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826433246[/snapback]You must have to give your address to receive mail as FANTASY LAND!! GET REAL! Do you mean to tell us that in your 35 years of coaching you NEVER filled out a transfer form for a new student in your district, or are you telling us that you simply refused to let anyone play for you unless they were "home grown." If you expect anyone to believe that, then you must think we all fell off turnips trucks in Savannah, Munford, Brighton, and Jackson. I only wonder when your whinning will begin about the transfer from Riverdale going to JCM. (Bet it starts only and when JCM puts the hammer on HC...Can hear the screams now. CHEAT. CHEAT , CHEAT.) Read an interesting article the other day in the Memphis Commercial Appeal about the young man at Raleigh-Egypt that won the Tennessee Mr Basketball (AAA) Award. Quote.."Since middle-school I started looking for the 1. right school 2. the right coach 3. the right surrounding players...that would help put me in a position to be successful in my basketball career. I found the right school at Raleigh-Egypt, the right coach in Jimmy Allen, and the players at the school were solid. It was easy for me to make the decesion on where to go to school." Believe it or not, kids and parents in the REAL WORLD consider those same questions and possibilities and make choices based on their observations. Find another dead horse to ride. You've ridden the Munford one into the ground!!!!

Let me assure you that I am not whining, and I don t care about what Munford does, but the kid transferring from Riverdale to JCM would most definitely be legit. What went on in Munford may or may not have been. What I do know is that students move from district to district all of the time and that is fine. But it is an uneven playing field for schools like Henry county and Hardin county due to the rural setting that they are in. A young man would have to move a considerable distance to change districts just for that position and then to transfer back to the other school after season. I am sure that it was legit, coach Randle would not try and get an edge on someone. It just strikes everyone odd that the players that transferred were all difference makers. Now an equal playing field is what most competitors desire. I am sorry to all the Patriot fans for giving Munford any press on this topic, it is suppose to be a Patriot topic. Wtnoff, heads up, if Randle ever comes to a sudden halt, I hope you have your nose plug in.

QUOTE(wtnoff @ Apr 9 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826433245[/snapback]You must have to give your address to receive mail as FANTASY LAND!! GET REAL! Do you mean to tell us that in your 35 years of coaching you NEVER filled out a transfer form for a new student in your district, or are you telling us that you simply refused to let anyone play for you unless they were "home grown." If you expect anyone to believe that, then you must think we all fell off turnips trucks in Savannah, Munford, Brighton, and Jackson. I only wonder when your whinning will begin about the transfer from Riverdale going to JCM. (Bet it starts only and when JCM puts the hammer on HC...Can hear the screams now. CHEAT. CHEAT , CHEAT.) Read an interesting article the other day in the Memphis Commercial Appeal about the young man at Raleigh-Egypt that won the Tennessee Mr Basketball (AAA) Award. Quote.."Since middle-school I started looking for the 1. right school 2. the right coach 3. the right surrounding players...that would help put me in a position to be successful in my basketball career. I found the right school at Raleigh-Egypt, the right coach in Jimmy Allen, and the players at the school were solid. It was easy for me to make the decesion on where to go to school." Believe it or not, kids and parents in the REAL WORLD consider those same questions and possibilities and make choices based on their observations. Find another dead horse to ride. You've ridden the Munford one into the ground!!!!

For someone who professes to be so smart, you certainly either cannot read or you have no comprehension skills or when you read something you do not like, you simply disregard it. Which is it? I have NEVER said that I had never filled out a transfer form on a player who moved in. It happened quite a bit. What I said is that I NEVER in 35 years, had my BEST three players transfer in from another school. I think 99% of the coaches across the country would tell you that. That's what makes the Munford thing smell so rotten. And I NEVER had one of my players move in for the season and then move back to his former school as soon as the season was over. I think 99% of the coaches across the country would again say the same thing. The fact that you are unwilling to recognize that that is unusual destroys any credibility that you would like to have. Don't speak for me as I can speak for myself and when you try, you get it wrong. The kid going from Riverdale to JCM doesn't stink. If he leaves after the season and returns to Riverdale, that would stink. Besides, who would leave Riverdale to go to JCM to play football on purpose?

QUOTE(Red Warrior @ Apr 10 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826433763[/snapback]For someone who professes to be so smart, you certainly either cannot read or you have no comprehension skills or when you read something you do not like, you simply disregard it. Which is it? I have NEVER said that I had never filled out a transfer form on a player who moved in. It happened quite a bit. What I said is that I NEVER in 35 years, had my BEST three players transfer in from another school. I think 99% of the coaches across the country would tell you that. That's what makes the Munford thing smell so rotten. And I NEVER had one of my players move in for the season and then move back to his former school as soon as the season was over. I think 99% of the coaches across the country would again say the same thing. The fact that you are unwilling to recognize that that is unusual destroys any credibility that you would like to have. Don't speak for me as I can speak for myself and when you try, you get it wrong. The kid going from Riverdale to JCM doesn't stink. If he leaves after the season and returns to Riverdale, that would stink. Besides, who would leave Riverdale to go to JCM to play football on purpose?

Never have professed to be brilliant..I officiate and enjoy being around the game, the kids, and the coaches. Without question, I have had a long standing friendship with Coach Randall and as I have stated before, have found him to be credible and most professional. I will not go into any details but the reason the one kid returned back to Memphis was a problem that developed with the family's financing of a home. Problems do arise as was the case here. I really had no reason to explain this to you but frankly got tired of all the inuendos..No, just make it the point blank accusations of impropriety. One other note that might interest you...I think a number of the players at Munford would take exception to your reference that they were somewhat lacking talent-wise as compared to the 3 kids that moved into the town. Munford's kids played hard this year and reaped the rewards of their hard work. Why doesn't everyone just play football and keep the bantering back in forth to one of good fun and humor?

QUOTE(Red Warrior @ Apr 10 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826433763[/snapback]For someone who professes to be so smart, you certainly either cannot read or you have no comprehension skills or when you read something you do not like, you simply disregard it. Which is it? I have NEVER said that I had never filled out a transfer form on a player who moved in. It happened quite a bit. What I said is that I NEVER in 35 years, had my BEST three players transfer in from another school. I think 99% of the coaches across the country would tell you that. That's what makes the Munford thing smell so rotten. And I NEVER had one of my players move in for the season and then move back to his former school as soon as the season was over. I think 99% of the coaches across the country would again say the same thing. The fact that you are unwilling to recognize that that is unusual destroys any credibility that you would like to have. Don't speak for me as I can speak for myself and when you try, you get it wrong. The kid going from Riverdale to JCM doesn't stink. If he leaves after the season and returns to Riverdale, that would stink. Besides, who would leave Riverdale to go to JCM to play football on purpose?

Never have professed to be brilliant..I officiate and enjoy being around the game, the kids, and the coaches. Without question, I have had a long standing friendship with Coach Randall and as I have stated before, have found him to be credible and most professional. I will not go into any details but the reason the one kid returned back to Memphis was a problem that developed with the family's financing of a home. Problems do arise as was the case here. I really had no reason to explain this to you but frankly got tired of all the inuendos..No, just make it the point blank accusations of impropriety. One other note that might interest you...I think a number of the players at Munford would take exception to your reference that they were somewhat lacking talent-wise as compared to the 3 kids that moved into the town. Munford's kids played hard this year and reaped the rewards of their hard work. Why doesn't everyone just play football and keep the bantering back in forth to one of good fun and humor?

QUOTE(wtnoff @ Apr 11 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826434725[/snapback]Never have professed to be brilliant..I officiate and enjoy being around the game, the kids, and the coaches. Without question, I have had a long standing friendship with Coach Randall and as I have stated before, have found him to be credible and most professional. I will not go into any details but the reason the one kid returned back to Memphis was a problem that developed with the family's financing of a home. Problems do arise as was the case here. I really had no reason to explain this to you but frankly got tired of all the inuendos..No, just make it the point blank accusations of impropriety. One other note that might interest you...I think a number of the players at Munford would take exception to your reference that they were somewhat lacking talent-wise as compared to the 3 kids that moved into the town. Munford's kids played hard this year and reaped the rewards of their hard work. Why doesn't everyone just play football and keep the bantering back in forth to one of good fun and humor?

I appreciate your response but I still find it incredible that you will not admit that Munford's three best players coming from Memphis is a bit unusual. I am here to tell you that it is not only unusual but is near miraculous. Most transfers are average at best but to get three starters who are all impact players defies logic. Maybe there was nothing illegal done.and I guess one has to assume all was above board, but I can tell you that in my experiences over almost four decades, what happened at Munford last season with transfers is a near miracle. With no disrespect intended to those players who were already at Munford, I think that team loses at least three more games without the transfers. I do not question how hard the Munford players worked, including the transfers. Someone had to drill them and coach them, and they did a good job of it. The fact is that Munford's offense was much more like my old teams than what Henry County does, so I appreciated what they did and how they did it. The transfer thing is just a problem for me because I know from experience how unusual it is to get ONE good transfer, mush less THREE.

QUOTE(wtnoff @ Apr 11 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826434726[/snapback]Never have professed to be brilliant..I officiate and enjoy being around the game, the kids, and the coaches. Without question, I have had a long standing friendship with Coach Randall and as I have stated before, have found him to be credible and most professional. I will not go into any details but the reason the one kid returned back to Memphis was a problem that developed with the family's financing of a home. Problems do arise as was the case here. I really had no reason to explain this to you but frankly got tired of all the inuendos..No, just make it the point blank accusations of impropriety. One other note that might interest you...I think a number of the players at Munford would take exception to your reference that they were somewhat lacking talent-wise as compared to the 3 kids that moved into the town. Munford's kids played hard this year and reaped the rewards of their hard work. Why doesn't everyone just play football and keep the bantering back in forth to one of good fun and humor?

I am just curious if you officiate Munford games? It seems as if I remember you saying that you were at the munford and HC game last season. I do remember some huge plays being brought back in that game. Just curious if your flag flew on that night.

QUOTE(West TN football @ Apr 11 2007 - 12:32 PM) 826434902[/snapback]I am just curious if you officiate Munford games? It seems as if I remember you saying that you were at the munford and HC game last season. I do remember some huge plays being brought back in that game. Just curious if your flag flew on that night.

Sorry to burst your bubble... Haven't worked A game in Tipton County in the last 2 years...Also, don't work the way you suggest. Need to come up with another explanation as to the outcome of the game.

I appreciate your response but I still find it incredible that you will not admit that Munford's three best players coming from Memphis is a bit unusual. I am here to tell you that it is not only unusual but is near miraculous. Most transfers are average at best but to get three starters who are all impact players defies logic. Maybe there was nothing illegal done.and I guess one has to assume all was above board, but I can tell you that in my experiences over almost four decades, what happened at Munford last season with transfers is a near miracle. With no disrespect intended to those players who were already at Munford, I think that team loses at least three more games without the transfers. I do not question how hard the Munford players worked, including the transfers. Someone had to drill them and coach them, and they did a good job of it. The fact is that Munford's offense was much more like my old teams than what Henry County does, so I appreciated what they did and how they did it. The transfer thing is just a problem for me because I know from experience how unusual it is to get ONE good transfer, mush less THREE.

[/quo

Guarantee you that you continue to give Munford players more and more incentives with your comments.

Maybe for the same reason someone would leave Melrose to play at Munford!!!!!

In response to "wtnoff" (for some reason I could not respond directly to you), your response to me was just as I thought. You wiil not respond to the obvious. The fact that the THREE best players on the Munford team last season transferred from elsewhere is a near MIRACLE. This does not indicate that anything illegal occured, just that a miracle took place. The fact that you will NEVER admit that, indicates your loyalty to their coach is blind and your comments on this subject are very biased. As far as my comments about the Munford team, if their players know football, they know I am right. I did not slight them, I simply told the truth. As far as my comments providing them extra motivation, why should I care about that?