Henry county football

the prophet

QUOTE(the prophet @ Mar 27 2007 - 12:18 PM) 826424006[/snapback]If you coached for 35 years and are a fan of the Patriots, then you most likely know more than me the common spectator. I am going mainly on hear say until I can witness it for myself in the spring. As I said earlier, experience is the main concern at this point and that is across the oline and at the QB. Owery will be tough to replace however, it will be easier than the oline and QB positions. Defensively, you brought up a good point, those two DEs were very tough and a huge part of our defense. We will most llikely miss those two as much as anyone. I heard that the Theus that played on the dline last year might move to one of the ends but that was just speculation.

My break down of the region is like this.

1. Henry county gets the nod due to the fact that they are simply the best team, best players, best coaches and best fans, when all of those things come together, you generally have your best team.

2. Hardin county will be better this season and they will battle Munford for the 2 spot and get it.

3. Munford, a little sluggish in year 2 under Randle and with losses to Henry and Hardin coutny they will take the 3rd spot and will be happy to do so.

4. Northside beats Brighton and goes to the playoffs as the only 4a team from Jackson to see the postseason from the sideline.

5. Brighton holds a firm handle on the best of the rest as they will spank JCM again causing the cougar faithful to blame the officials again.

6. there is no sixth place spot

7. LLIBERTY and JCM can not decide who should hold the regions worst team spot so they agree that is is too close to call after a 7 overtime game in which the score is 0-0, they mutually agree to both be the worst and that anyone else could have the sixth spot.

Well im all for you getting it done but remember Hillsboro showed you the wood shed just like they did us too. lol At least we came out 1 point ahead in that deal. Good luck in your Region Pats.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(the prophet @ Apr 3 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826428852[/snapback]It has been brought to my attention that JCM has picked up a stud from Riverdale off the free agent wires, this will put JCM right at the limit for the Salary cap for 2007 unless they decide to release someone to free up some more room. Munford did exceed their salary cap last year so signing free agents out of Memphis could prove difficult this year after the commissioner made them deduct what they exceeded last year. I guess they may have a little room to wiggle free if they are able to trade their #6 draft pick they recieved by winning the region. Look out Henry conty the big market teams seem to have more money to play with and it could prove difficult to beat the big market teams.

The YANKER has not heard this but it makes sense...what great athlete would not want to come to JCM? Our tradition is great and we generally win. When is the last time a really good player transferred into HC? You can ramble on all you want about "salary cap" nonsense...but if your report is true...then it is simply another reason why JCM will beat HC...as is usually the case. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(the prophet @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:48 AM) 826428786[/snapback]Golfendude, what school are you affiliated with? Yes we remember well and that is what hungers us. It will not be the same Henry county team taking the field and it will not be the same Hillsboro team. Otherwise we would just go ahead and give the title to Maryville. Hillsboro definitely had our number last year and it hurt, I hope that the Patriots use that as motivation through out the off season and are unable to digest the thought of it happening again. How are you guys going to be this year?

Hillsboro will basically have a bigger stronger faster version of last years squad as they only graduated a few.

QUOTE(the prophet @ Apr 3 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826428974[/snapback]As the Yanker is a self proclaimed football know it all. JCM may beat Liberty, and they may beat themselves about 9 times, but they will not make the playoffs next year, because Henry and Hardin county, Muford, Brighton, and Northside are all better, and Yes JCM does have better athletes than all the above mentioned teams but they did last year too. Ha Ha Ha Ha, and they did not make the play offs wake up Yanker and smell the coffee because the Patriots are brewing several victories in a row against the cougars and a string of physical beatings at the pebble. We were a finesse team last season and we were still more physical than the underachieving cougars. We will be much more physical this season as we are bigger across the line, and we have a Rhino in the back field that will probably cause some JCM players to just quit the week we play you all, unless Hampton does the wise thing and does not show the team film of the 2007 Patriots. I did hear this morning that we at Henry county got a lottlery pick in this years draft and it will allow us to pick the best player off any Memphis city school whether they are willing to release them or not. It is the new Smith and Wesson Rule, or the great equalizer.

Keep dreaming...you do not have a clue!!! You beat us ONCE in a generation and you are ready to proclaim dominance...you have totally lost it!!! HC did not even know there were any playoffs until two years ago...never even heard of them...too young to realize their school had ever been to a playoff game...so do not dare to talk to the YANKER about missing the playoffs...HC has made that practice an artform!!!!! The YANKER will give you this my "anti-prophetting wonderless" friend...you all up there should know something about quitting...since you brought it up...since the so-called HC "stars" ALL quit and watched JCM win the region a couple of short years ago at the ROCK...do you remember that????? Think twice before you bring up quitting...because HC is the MASTER when it comes to that topic!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Yanker @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:28 PM) 826429066[/snapback]Keep dreaming...you do not have a clue!!! You beat us ONCE in a generation and you are ready to proclaim dominance...you have totally lost it!!! HC did not even know there were any playoffs until two years ago...never even heard of them...too young to realize their school had ever been to a playoff game...so do not dare to talk to the YANKER about missing the playoffs...HC has made that practice an artform!!!!! The YANKER will give you this my "anti-prophetting wonderless" friend...you all up there should know something about quitting...since you brought it up...since the so-called HC "stars" ALL quit and watched JCM win the region a couple of short years ago at the ROCK...do you remember that????? Think twice before you bring up quitting...because HC is the MASTER when it comes to that topic!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fear that your anger toward the prophet has caused you to forget that you once proclaimed to be friends of many at HC.

QUOTE(realredpride @ Mar 27 2007 - 01:04 PM) 826424059[/snapback]Sounds the same to me. Liberty gets things JCM does not. Munford gets things HC does not - recruits from Memphis. Just joking - kind of.

I know of one thing that Munford got last year that HC did not...more POINTS!!! Just joking - kind of.

QUOTE(wtnoff @ Apr 3 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826429110[/snapback]I know of one thing that Munford got last year that HC did not...more POINTS!!! Just joking - kind of.

And one thing HC got last year that Munford did not - a longer season. But all of that was last year. Let's get ready for a new season.

QUOTE(realredpride @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826429076[/snapback]I fear that your anger toward the prophet has caused you to forget that you once proclaimed to be friends of many at HC.

Good morning my "Fearfulling Anger Citing-AmnesiacallyCauseful-HC Friendering Yankfully" friend!!! The YANKER is angry at no one...BUT...the YANKER will not read a blistering attack by the HC spokesperson...or should I say SPOKESWOMAN...and not respond with an attack of my own. The anti-prophet is a joke of a mouthpiece for HC football. When he launches an unprovoked attack on JCM...brace yourselves up there...for he is not attacking the YANKER...he is attacking my beloved JCM. The YANKER is not a "turn the other cheek' pacifist...I AM THE YANKER!!!!! I do, in fact, truly enjoy the "back and forth" with my HC friends...most of them...but make no mistake about it...attack JCM...and a massive counter attack is on the way!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know the talk was back up! Glad to hear football talk again. I have missed HC football since that great BIG crowd at the Hillsboro game.

Who are we scrimmaging this spring? Will it be home or away? I hope it is here, cause I bet there would be alot of people to show up and see what the new year brings us!

My biggest concern is not JCM or the YANKER. I worry about our really weak schedule. Last season we got better as the year went on and I think alot of it had to do with the hard schedule. We all got on here and made fun of the guy from Mapplewood and their weak schedule and it took them no where in the playoffs. I sure hope we can get battle tested. It will be hard against Northwest and the school from Memphis. Last year Ridgeway and Southside got us ready to battle Melrose.

This is not a knock redpride, so don't get on here and belittle me. I have real concerns about the weaker schedule.

Go Big Red!!