USJ

BigG

Usj played us in a scrimmage earlier this season and madison lost 3-1... we played 3- 30 minutes "halfs" and after the first 30 minutes madison was leading and then usj scored 2 times in the second half and the third half was really for the kids who were on the bench. it was a bench vs bench battle for 30 minutes and usj scored again... but really it was a fair game at 2-1... but Madison is rocked by another injury going into this game... one of the 2 kids on their team that plays club, he just broke his tibia possibly on thursday night, so madison is really hurt by that... should be some good stuff on monday though, looking forward to it

Yeah, but I don't put too much stock into scrimmages. I don't know how USJ approaches them, but I use scrimmages to see what works. Otherwise, you may as well just count scrimmages as real games. Though, on the other side, 5-1 is a fairly large margin. I would like to know someone from Houston or USJ to give us some details.

Looking at the 2006 season of USJ, they have to faced some pretty decent competition at the end of their season (Westview, Dyersburg, Sheffield, and finally CSAS at state) but mostly only at the end of the year. I am not familiar enough with teams out west to judge.

USJ, just don't get caught up in all of the hype. It sounds like you have a great program, that is really starting to arrive (if you haven't already). Not that you care, but I'm rooting for you. Good luck, and keep us up to date with how things are going.