bball

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who told you that the Ballerz 16's were down, but keep thinking that...

In Memphis, the top 16's in the Y program are going to be playing 17's (McDonald, Hines, etc)... I'm sure the Y will still put out a solid 16's as well...

Memphis Celitcs (or whatever they are called now) and Memphis Idlewild could also be solid...

Tn Travelers have a very good 16u group, most likely the best in their program this year. They are tall, athletics, and have good guard play...

Nashville Celtics also will have a very good 16u team... they do a great job recruiting, and should be very solid. Not sure though: is Kelly playing 16's or is he playing 17's?

Tn Flight lost Jenkins to the Travs and Parker to the Ballerz, but return everyone else, and should be very good...

Tn Fire will be under the radar, but play so hard and physical, and are well coached, and should surprise a lot of people...

Tn Thunder has a great 17u group, but the 16's seem to be lacking right now...

Memphis Y 15's, if playing up, will compete with the best 16's in the state, led by Joe Jackson, Mardrecus Wade, etc...

Lol...yeah not my most well thought out post. It was still very early lol, so please excuse my glaring ommisions!!

Tn Tigers will be the state's top team since the Y kids are playing up... They are talented, big, great guard play, well disciplined. Very good team...

Also, I meant to mention Franklin Rage, with Michael Young, Reed Glover, Jamaal Starnes, Kevin Kilgrise (Sp?), among others. This team has a lot of talent, and the chemistry of playing together year round... Murfreesboro Heat have a solid core as well, and could surprise

Chemistry right now is a big seperator with teams, especially early in the season. This is another strong point of the Tigers...

It will be interesting seeing how everyone does next weekend when the season really hits high gear at Real Deal, Boo, etc!!!!!!!

Lol...yeah not my most well thought out post. It was still very early lol, so please excuse my glaring ommisions!!

Tn Tigers will be the state's top team since the Y kids are playing up... They are talented, big, great guard play, well disciplined. Very good team...

Also, I meant to mention Franklin Rage, with Michael Young, Reed Glover, Jamaal Starnes, Kevin Kilgrise (Sp?), among others. This team has a lot of talent, and the chemistry of playing together year round... Murfreesboro Heat have a solid core as well, and could surprise

Chemistry right now is a big seperator with teams, especially early in the season. This is another strong point of the Tigers...

It will be interesting seeing how everyone does next weekend when the season really hits high gear at Real Deal, Boo, etc!!!!!!!

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Apr 2 2007 - 09:37 AM) 826428120[/snapback]Lol...yeah not my most well thought out post. It was still very early lol, so please excuse my glaring ommisions!!

Gomab I am glad to see you mention the Franklin kids they are a local team playing together, I did not want to mention them because most of these teams recruit kids from all over. However the Young, Glover, Starnes and Kilgrise will play hard a compete well. The future looks bright for the rebels.

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Apr 2 2007 - 10:08 AM) 826428139[/snapback]Gomab I am glad to see you mention the Franklin kids they are a local team playing together, I did not want to mention them because most of these teams recruit kids from all over. However the Young, Glover, Starnes and Kilgrise will play hard a compete well. The future looks bright for the rebels.

Hsballfan21 You are so over the top about Franklin. Is that why you make the negative statements about SE Elite because they have a Brentwood High connection?

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Mar 31 2007 - 10:04 AM) 826427075[/snapback]Who is loaded this year in the sixteen year old division.

Some of the top teams from middle tennessee should be

Tennessee Tigers same team as last year to small to play against top teams

SE Elite recruit from everywhere I am tired of this team they win every year never sure who they have or where they come from

Mid State 16's are down this year

Tenneessee Thunder not sure what they have

Nashville Celtics Drew Kelly is playing for this team dont think they can compete nationally they never do

Who else is loaded this year?

What does Memphis have in the 16u division?

My predictions are

Tigers will have another strong year even though they are under sized they are well coached and play hard

SE Elite they seem to do well every year

Mid State not as strong this year had a very good 16 last year

Nashville Celtics another tuff year

Tennessee Thunder always competes hard not sure about talent

The tigers were 5th last year in the AAU nationals I would call that competing pretty well nationally!

Let me guess the real problem with these teams is they have no Franklin players??

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Apr 2 2007 - 07:49 AM) 826428061[/snapback]Not sure who told you that the Ballerz 16's were down, but keep thinking that...

In Memphis, the top 16's in the Y program are going to be playing 17's (McDonald, Hines, etc)... I'm sure the Y will still put out a solid 16's as well...

Memphis Celitcs (or whatever they are called now) and Memphis Idlewild could also be solid...

Tn Travelers have a very good 16u group, most likely the best in their program this year. They are tall, athletics, and have good guard play...

Nashville Celtics also will have a very good 16u team... they do a great job recruiting, and should be very solid. Not sure though: is Kelly playing 16's or is he playing 17's?

Tn Flight lost Jenkins to the Travs and Parker to the Ballerz, but return everyone else, and should be very good...

Tn Fire will be under the radar, but play so hard and physical, and are well coached, and should surprise a lot of people...

Tn Thunder has a great 17u group, but the 16's seem to be lacking right now...

Memphis Y 15's, if playing up, will compete with the best 16's in the state, led by Joe Jackson, Mardrecus Wade, etc...

Gomab what about SE elite 16

SE Elite is an Alabama based program/team, so I don't consider them TN

That being said, I couldn't even name one TN player playing for their 16's. Even Teichmann from Brentwood switched to the Travelers, to my understanding. If you could name some TN players on that roster, it would help, but even then, being an Alabama based roster, they can only legally have max three out of state players (so max 3 tn players)

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Apr 2 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826428318[/snapback]SE Elite is an Alabama based program/team, so I don't consider them TN

That being said, I couldn't even name one TN player playing for their 16's. Even Teichmann from Brentwood switched to the Travelers, to my understanding. If you could name some TN players on that roster, it would help, but even then, being an Alabama based roster, they can only legally have max three out of state players (so max 3 tn players)

But Ballerz Elite 16s are always good and certainly the Tn Tigers have been good for a long time at that group. Good point by Gomab that chemistry is a big issue early on in the travel season. Drew Kelly will play both 16s and 17s for the Celtics who apparently cant compete nationally b/c "they never do". Good stuff.