District 2AA records

SCARfan1624

QUOTE(SCARfan1624 @ Apr 3 2007 - 03:53 PM) 826429090[/snapback]What kind of records do the teams in District 2AA have?

District looks to be down this year. Rutledge will be the team to beat with PF pushing them in the tournament. I don't think anyone else can beat these two, although Claiborne could be dangerous if they play well and the other team has a bad game.

QUOTE(Moc4e @ Apr 12 2007 - 10:52 AM) 826435886[/snapback]Does anyone know the district records. I know Rutledge is 5-0 and Pigeon Forge is 4-1.

GC Grizzlies obviously has no idea about the rest of the teams in thas district. Rutledge is the front runner yes but Pegion Forge has squeeked by every team they have played. 3-2 over Cumberland Gap and 8-6 over Union. I am not sure about everyones record but I do not think that Pigeon Forge is unbeatable by any means from looking at the scores and Claiborne is the only team to have not won a game in that district yet unless they have beat someone this week. Yes it looks like Rutledge is the team to beat but everyone else has a shot come tournament time according to the scores. I think I heard that Rutledge beat G.P. 4-2. That District seems to be pretty competitive or maybe just none of them are very good.

QUOTE(billybuck @ Apr 12 2007 - 01:06 PM) 826435899[/snapback]GC Grizzlies obviously has no idea about the rest of the teams in thas district. Rutledge is the front runner yes but Pegion Forge has squeeked by every team they have played. 3-2 over Cumberland Gap and 8-6 over Union. I am not sure about everyones record but I do not think that Pigeon Forge is unbeatable by any means from looking at the scores and Claiborne is the only team to have not won a game in that district yet unless they have beat someone this week. Yes it looks like Rutledge is the team to beat but everyone else has a shot come tournament time according to the scores. I think I heard that Rutledge beat G.P. 4-2. That District seems to be pretty competitive or maybe just none of them are very good.

Easy Billybuck, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Let it be known that Union County beat Rutledge 11-10 on Thursday so no one is UNBEATABLE in this district. (Rutledge recorded 11 errors in the game at Union County.) I was simply stating my opinion about the teams and how I felt they would do come tournament time. For the most part you have to be able to run out two or three quality pitchers to win the tourney. You also have to get hot hitting the baseball. With Pigeon Forge winning all those close games, that tends to look like a team that knows how to win. Good teams win those close ones and that is what it takes. Most of the other teams could win a one game series, but I don't think they could win the tournament. Rutledge doesn't have an outstanding pitcher like some they have had in the past few years (Day, Gray, Nicely, Langley) , but they have two or three quality pitchers and enough good hitters to make a run for the title again. G-P, Claiborne, Cumberland Gap, and Union County all have a good pitcher, but I don't know if they have enough good pitchers to get it done.

As far as the district being competitive or not very good, I would have to say I think it is down from what it used to be. The other districts, especially Anderson County, Gibbs, Seymour and a few others look very tough.

QUOTE(Moc4e @ Apr 12 2007 - 12:52 PM) 826435886[/snapback]Does anyone know the district records. I know Rutledge is 5-0 and Pigeon Forge is 4-1.

Rutledge and PF now both 6 - 1. PF came from behind to beat Union county 12-9 on Monday and beat GP 11-0 and 8-7 on Tuesday. In the second game PF had to score 4 runs in the bottom of the sixth in order to win. PF and Rutledge play thursday at PF.