Rockwood Lady Tigers

softball100

QUOTE(SissyJo4 @ May 1 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826449455[/snapback]I generally do not comment on CoachT because it can get out of hand, but feel the need to stand up for "ANY" player on the field. My daughter is Hannah from Midway. Yes, anybody can hit off Hannah if they are doing their job, just like anyone can hit off of any other pitcher on any team, any district, any region. It is my feeling that Rockwood is a very very sharp team of girls and I know for a fact they can play their "game" when they are on, just as Midway can. But, even being Hannah's mom, it is my feeling it always comes down to who is having the better day on the mound and that goes for any game, plus the fact that you have to count on your defense to work for you and offense to put points up. So, I applaude any sports player who is giving their effort to play the game and do not downgrade whatsoever ANY player. It is my opinion that any team should play as a TEAM and not ever count on one player to get them through anything. You go many more miles with a very strong TEAM approach. So, what I am trying to convey is that it is just wonderful when you see a game where both teams are working so strongly together as a team and you see no dissention, two teams going at it who are "TOGETHER" in the goal. Rockwood is a great team, not just their pitchers, but all of those girls. Good Luck in the districts to you all. Play safely. Michelle - Hannah's mom.

Great post!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Know as I read this I kind of have to giggle to myself. I am from Roane County, and do not have a child on any team in Roane County. I know several girls throughout the county that play for Rockwood, Kingston, Midway, and Harriman. With that said I am not partial to any team. However, I have seen all of these teams play numerous times, and also saw both pitchers from Rockwood pitch. In my opinion Meagan Turner is the better pitcher from Rockwood. Don't get me wrong, the other girl is good, but it is right down the middle everytime. As Hannahs mom said, it is not about just the pitcher, it is about the team. I enjoy watching these girls play as a team, and play with good attitudes. I have actually been very dissapointed while watching Rockwood, because of the poor attitudes that they carry. Not only the players, but also the fans. It is quiet sad actually, because when the fans act in this manner, it sends the message across to the players that it is ok to act that way as well. I know that this blog wasn't about that, but I felt like since the previous posts were obviously made by Rockwood fans, and as they continuosly down Midway, that I should put that out there. Midway is a tiny school, who by the way gets no funding from anyone has done an excellent job of keeping a great program. When those girls are on the field or where ever you can tell that they want it, they have heart, and are very appreciative. So how about lets quit downing them, and praise them. These are all county schools, and yes they will always have rivals between them, but maybe it is time to back each other.

QUOTE(attababy15 @ May 4 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826452034[/snapback]last time i checked, rockwood lost to kingston (10-7 if i remember)

Yeah and last time i checked you guys have both beat each other so idk wat your trying to prove.

QUOTE(attababy15 @ May 4 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826452034[/snapback]last time i checked, rockwood lost to kingston (10-7 if i remember)

QUOTE(sports111 @ Apr 17 2007 - 05:21 PM) 826439656[/snapback]I saw where the Lady Waves put a beating on them TWICE. I wasn't able to make it to the game at Midway, but from what I saw at Rockwood, those Lady Waves have got it going on. They have the ability to make it to state atleast the next four years. Two excellent freshmen this year, another pitcher coming up next year, and not to mention the talent that will come along each year. They are unstopable. If the Lady Waves had another pitcher that could help relieve Colyer then it would be unthinkable what they could do. Colyer is an excellent pitcher that we may very well see playing college ball. Good Luck to all.

Yeah well the Lady Tigers proved to them that they can play with them the other day. yeah rockwood does have some problems being a divided team SOMETIMES but when they play together as a team they are just as good as midway if not better and they proved that in the game thursday night i watched the game and if you jump on midway from the start they will fall and the lady tigers did that. yeah they beat them the next day in the championship, The lady tigers played 2 games thursday and still played 2 great ballgames yeah they were a little dissapointed that they did not win but it didnt upset them to bad b.c. they proved that they were just as good as a ball team as midway and they should no longer under estimate them.

QUOTE(bigstick#1 @ May 13 2007 - 07:32 PM) 826458577[/snapback]Yeah well the Lady Tigers proved to them that they can play with them the other day. yeah rockwood does have some problems being a divided team SOMETIMES but when they play together as a team they are just as good as midway if not better and they proved that in the game thursday night i watched the game and if you jump on midway from the start they will fall and the lady tigers did that. yeah they beat them the next day in the championship, The lady tigers played 2 games thursday and still played 2 great ballgames yeah they were a little dissapointed that they did not win but it didnt upset them to bad b.c. they proved that they were just as good as a ball team as midway and they should no longer under estimate them.

I don't ever recall anyone saying that Rockwood didn't have a good team. Obviously you are a player on Rockwood's ball team which is fine, but you should make your statements based on previous replies. Rockwood has an excellent ball team, and no one ever doubted that. It is evident by watching the Lady Tigers play that you all are divided. If you all could get that straight then you all would be a lot better team as a whole. Thursday when you beat Midway, you all obviously came to play and they did not. You all had strong bats, and they didn't during that game. Not putting neither Rockwood nor Midway down, but you can look at the records and tell who is not neccessarilly the better team, but who has came to play everytime that you all have played. It is hard to continuosly beat a team like that, because eventually you will get used to them, or they will under estamate you and you will win. But, I would recomend that you get your statement correct before starting more post's. Lets keep this clean. This is a place to have fun, not become enemies. Good Luck To All.