questions about rankings..

dins8

QUOTE(dins8 @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:14 AM) 826429663[/snapback]just curious...the rankings that people posted on here this week are quite a bit different from the rankings at eurosport. who is making the rankings on here, and how are they different from the rankings on eurosport?

The rankings on Eurosport are done by a forum of highschool coaches that vote each week. The rankings on CoachT are done by soccer guru MJUHB, and while he is probably the most informed person in the state, remember it is just one person's opinion.

Rankings are great, but a #1 ranking and 55 cents wont even buy you a soda anymore, let alone a victory!

QUOTE(BigG @ Apr 4 2007 - 10:23 AM) 826429670[/snapback]The rankings on Eurosport are done by a forum of highschool coaches that vote each week. The rankings on CoachT are done by soccer guru MJUHB, and while he is probably the most informed person in the state, remember it is just one person's opinion.

Rankings are great, but a #1 ranking and 55 cents wont even buy you a soda anymore, let alone a victory!

Don't forget, a top ranking also comes with a bonus "bullseye" for your future opponents.

QUOTE(turbocab @ Apr 4 2007 - 11:29 AM) 826429743[/snapback]Don't forget, a top ranking also comes with a bonus "bullseye" for your future opponents.

that is very true, i think it is better to try and fly under the radar but for some school like bearden, farragut, hendersonville, and brentwood it is pretty much impossible to fly under because these teams are great every year and everone looks at them as the best competition in the state and everyone wants to beat them

QUOTE(BigG @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826429670[/snapback]The rankings on Eurosport are done by a forum of highschool coaches that vote each week. The rankings on CoachT are done by soccer guru MJUHB, and while he is probably the most informed person in the state, remember it is just one person's opinion.

Big G you always have great insight and I appreciate Mjuhb for the efforts he makes. It brings attention to a great sport and creates some good banter.

PS I paid $.75 for a cup of Java today and my wife gives absolutely no credibility to my opinions /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />