On Demand Video...MBA vs MUS now up

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did he say? I need to know so I can address the mistake.

I never played the game or know anything about it. I beleive one of the announcers was in the same boat as myself (offered to help)

If we do the championship games I need imput about the mistakes that were made so I can improve the broadcast and that's what I want to do, provide the best possible product for both teams and the viewers.

Help me out

Thanks

Dean

Thanks.

Did you watch Thursday or view the on demand?

The reason I'm wondering:

I'm thinking about setting up direct email account to either a cell phone (mine so the announcers can take comments from the viewers during the games) or computer on site for viewer response during the game. Might even do instant messenger

The announcers are hard pressed for facts and I want to make sure we get it right for everyone and also provide some facts about both teams for game dialogue. For future broadcast I'll post on coacht.com asking for info and also try to get info from their coaches.

Is this a feature you feel would be used? I want the viewers as active in the broadcast as possible

Thanks for your interest and hope you continue to watch

Dean Johnson

School Sports Radio

Some other thoughts: BTW, I watched on demand. I understand that the announcers are volunteers, but I felt like they didn't bring a whole lot of energy to the broadcast. A lot of dead air. Also, I would have enjoyed a bit more insight as to the rules(since I'm a relative lax novice) and to different plays or strategies the teams were using. Also, while they got most of the MBA players' names right, I would have like to have heard the MUS players' names, as well, instead of just 'number 5' or 'the goalie'. Just some constructive criticism. You're doing a great job. What about doing MBA football games next fall?

There is a plan to setup a "DII" network of sports. We already have several schools strongly considering this as a way to not only promote their school and stay in touch with the Alimni, but also promoting DII as a whole. We are aproaching the Nashville area schools right now and have gotten very positive response. We intend to get to Chattanooga, Knoxville and Memphis very soon.

Father Ryan, BGA and MBA were covered this year and several other schools have stepped up showing that they want to join the School Sports Radio network.

QUOTE(www.schoolsportsradio.com @ Apr 7 2007 - 03:30 PM) 826431929[/snapback]There is a plan to setup a "DII" network of sports. We already have several schools strongly considering this as a way to not only promote their school and stay in touch with the Alimni, but also promoting DII as a whole. We are aproaching the Nashville area schools right now and have gotten very positive response. We intend to get to Chattanooga, Knoxville and Memphis very soon.

Father Ryan, BGA and MBA were covered this year and several other schools have stepped up showing that they want to join the School Sports Radio network.

Are the DI and DII playoff games going to be broadcasted?

QUOTE(www.schoolsportsradio.com @ Apr 7 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826431903[/snapback]Thanks.

Did you watch Thursday or view the on demand?

The reason I'm wondering:

I'm thinking about setting up direct email account to either a cell phone (mine so the announcers can take comments from the viewers during the games) or computer on site for viewer response during the game. Might even do instant messenger

The announcers are hard pressed for facts and I want to make sure we get it right for everyone and also provide some facts about both teams for game dialogue. For future broadcast I'll post on coacht.com asking for info and also try to get info from their coaches.

Is this a feature you feel would be used? I want the viewers as active in the broadcast as possible

Thanks for your interest and hope you continue to watch

Dean Johnson

School Sports Radio

I was watching on demand. I didnt want to come off as a someone trying to correct everyone, I understand they are volunteers and I definatinaly appreciate the video. I got to watch a game that, without you guys, I wouldnt have been able to watch.

Rollredroll, sometimes our wives just don't understand, like today my wife ask me to get rid of the trash so I took my kids to the mall and left them. She got mad, I don't understand /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Brothersnv, I welcome your comments. We can't improve the service without help from the viewing audience.

Lax4life32, there's a really good chance the Championship games that are taking place at MBA will be broadcast. The main thing that hinders us for our broadcast is a hard broadband connection. MBA has one at the field so that makes it easy.

Do you know the dates and locations of the playoffs? I've got some horseshows this time of year but I may be able to get some of my video crew to these locations if the dates and internet connections work out.

Thanks

Dean Johnson