Predictions on Region 8 District 15?

Joshua07

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This region might be interesting since Madison, Haywood, Sheffield and Mcnairy all are contenders for the championship. I personally think it it will be Sheffield and Madison if past scores are any indication. Mcnairy has had a great start to the season, and have already upset Madison(even though starters were missing) and tied Sheffield. Madison looks the strongest in scores (except for mcnairy). Just because you beat a team once, doesnt mean you can beat them later in the season, so Ill go with Madison 1st, sheffield 2nd, Mcnairy 3rd, and Haywood 4th. Second through 4th is really close. I'm looking forward to our games with Madison and Haywood.

I honestly think Haywood will beat Mcnairy... not favoring anyone, but haywood has 2 or 3 kids with some really good skill... i think haywood will be in the regional finals with Madison... but again, these are just a matter of opinions... where do you play chiplay?

And answering Joshua's question, you guys have a better record right now, but i think it will be Haywood who will beat you guys, and thats how my prediction is at the end of the season... just opinion... not fact, so we will just have to wait and see... good luck

QUOTE(madisonLB @ Apr 8 2007 - 08:09 PM) 826432633[/snapback]I honestly think Haywood will beat Mcnairy... not favoring anyone, but haywood has 2 or 3 kids with some really good skill... i think haywood will be in the regional finals with Madison... but again, these are just a matter of opinions... where do you play chiplay?

And answering Joshua's question, you guys have a better record right now, but i think it will be Haywood who will beat you guys, and thats how my prediction is at the end of the season... just opinion... not fact, so we will just have to wait and see... good luck

I play right d for dyersburg, my brother is laydown if anyone noticed the name thing, I agree, although there could be an upset in this region. You can never count sheffield out.

Hey, do any of you know how they are going to split up the teams for the district tournament in region 8 District 15? with the 9th team (sheffield) being thrown in there. i can't seem to figure out how they are going to group the teams and be fair about things? with 9 teams . one team will have to play their way in or something. just wanting to find out a lil more about things before TSSAA throws everything together.

QUOTE(Alek#3 @ Apr 8 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826432724[/snapback]Hey, do any of you know how they are going to split up the teams for the district tournament in region 8 District 15? with the 9th team (sheffield) being thrown in there. i can't seem to figure out how they are going to group the teams and be fair about things? with 9 teams . one team will have to play their way in or something. just wanting to find out a lil more about things before TSSAA throws everything together.

So, will Sheffield now not have an automatic berth to regions? (I believe they have in the past, along with another team?)

i am not sure . i am trying to figure everything out.. i know last year they were added to district 15. i don't think they got a automatic berth to regions. i dont know how they were placed. but they beat both teams in the district tournament.. adding them as a 9th team makes it where one original team from 15 has to play their way into the district. that team playing 3 games instead of two. which is a little unfair.

Actually, the tournament will just be a District/Region Tournament like last year. Although, this year there are 10 teams. Sheffield and Fayette Academy are both being thrown into the mix. The teams will be seeded 1-10, with the 7 vs.10 and 8 vs.9 being play-in games. Sheffield and Fayette Academy will be seeded based on the teams they have played. Sheffield has scheduled the top 5 teams from the district. Fayette Academy is a first year team and is only playing a few teams from the district, they have already lost to Covington and Ripley, I believe they are also playing Chester and Southside. This is by no means a perfect way to do it, but that is how it is set up for this season. Hopefully, the coaches will be able to come up with something better for next season.... As for this year, you all can make your predictions from 1-10 because that is how it will be come tournament time.

QUOTE(Svebakken @ Apr 9 2007 - 12:21 PM) 826433049[/snapback]Actually, the tournament will just be a District/Region Tournament like last year. Although, this year there are 10 teams. Sheffield and Fayette Academy are both being thrown into the mix. The teams will be seeded 1-10, with the 7 vs.10 and 8 vs.9 being play-in games. Sheffield and Fayette Academy will be seeded based on the teams they have played. Sheffield has scheduled the top 5 teams from the district. Fayette Academy is a first year team and is only playing a few teams from the district, they have already lost to Covington and Ripley, I believe they are also playing Chester and Southside. This is by no means a perfect way to do it, but that is how it is set up for this season. Hopefully, the coaches will be able to come up with something better for next season.... As for this year, you all can make your predictions from 1-10 because that is how it will be come tournament time.

OK.... I can understand that.

BTY how would you rate other 9 as of now, minus Haywood of course.