fargo

jukeboxhero17

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister is wanting to go to fargo and wrestle in the girls division. What does she have to do or who does she need to talk to>?

You have to have a USA Wrestling membership card to be eligible I think. Talk to whoever runs the local off season practices in your area. If you're near Chatanooga talk to coach Steve Henry at Soddy Daisy High School. In middle Tennessee there is coach Jeramie Welder at Franklin High. If you're in Memphis see Michael Marable. He's the head of the TWF. These are the big wrestling clubs I know about. They should be able to hook you up or your sister.

Actually as of now it's probably too late for the Fargo. (It started today I think.) But there might be another Virginia Beach tournament this year and maybe they have a girls division, though it won't be as prestigious as the Fargo Classic. Don't worry it's not too late to get your sister into a national tournament. Check themat.com or usawrestling.com. They'll probably have listings of tournaments in case you missed the Fargo.

Good luck!

You have to have a USA Wrestling membership card to be eligible I think. Talk to whoever runs the local off season practices in your area. If you're near Chatanooga talk to coach Steve Henry at Soddy Daisy High School. In middle Tennessee there is coach Jeramie Welder at Franklin High. If you're in Memphis see Michael Marable. He's the head of the TWF. These are the big wrestling clubs I know about. They should be able to hook you up or your sister.

Actually as of now it's probably too late for the Fargo. (It started today I think.) But there might be another Virginia Beach tournament this year and maybe they have a girls division, though it won't be as prestigious as the Fargo Classic. Don't worry it's not too late to get your sister into a national tournament. Check themat.com or usawrestling.com. They'll probably have listings of tournaments in case you missed the Fargo.

Good luck!

could someone please update us on Fargo?

Good luck!

Mr. Marable's name is Tom, Michael is his oldest son. I believe Jose Delgado is head of TWF, but like it was posted earlier, Fargo has already started.

could someone please update us on Fargo?

As soon as I find the results I'll post them. The tournament should be finished by Thursday or Friday I think.

I did see the name Kelly Felix listed as a participant but I think he was going to a family reunion or something.

David Mang was listed at 125 and Ryan Konz at 145.

I just checked the results for Greco and I don't think anyone from Tennessee placed in the Cadet or Junior division. As far as I know the only Tennessee contestants for Greco are Logan Biddy (Cadet 119) David Mang (Junior 130 not 125) and Ryan Konz (Junior 145)

Freestyle results aren't posted yet, as it just started today.

If you want the complete results go to themat.com and on the right it says Fargo Cadet & Junior Event Coverage.

It will have a list of the different divisions so you can click on the one you want. A page will come up and on the left side it says Results. Under that it says team results. If you click on it you can select a state and it will show you everyone's match record from that state.

The finals are also posted on themat.

Here we go... At the Fargo the results are:

Greco

Cadet:

Logan Biddy, 119, 0-2

Junior:

David Mang, 130, 4-2

Ryan Konz, 145, 1-2

Freestyle

Cadet:

Logan Biddy, 119, 2-2

Chip Norwood, 215, 1-2 plus one bye

Junior: no results posted yet

Josh Jadoobirsingh, 125...

David Mang, 130...

Michael Tuck, 140...

Ryan Konz, 145...

Travis Leonard, 152...

Matt Sharpe, 215...

That's all I know so far

Is that all of the wrestlers the state of Tennessee has in Fargo? What is going on in Tennessee when you have so few wrestlers willing to go to the largest wrestling tournament in the world and compete against the best the USA has to offer? Is Tennessee not going to fall farther behind some of the other states by not sending their best to Fargo?

Yeah Tennessee doesn't usually do too well at Fargo. Last year we had a pretty good team of Cadets and Juniors and the only one who placed was Daniel Baucke. But a lot of those same guys who lost at Fargo were All-Americans in the NCAA tournaments. During the regular season Tennessee does a lot better.

Anyway I checked the results again today and it looks like David Mang might be the only wrestler who has a shot at placing. I don't really know how the Fargo is set up, but I think if lose twice before a certain round you're eliminated. If that's the case we're in trouble. Here's the match records so far:

J-bo: 0-2 (at 119 and not 125)

David Mang: 2-0 plus a bye...fingers crossed everyone

Michael Tuck: 0-2

Ryan Konz: 0-2

Travis Leonard: 0-1

Matt Sharpe: 0-1