Polk gets BIG win @ Meigs.

TheOldScout

QUOTE(Rt-21CBTrap @ Apr 11 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826435266[/snapback]If he was called safe whats the point of holdin him down? The ump isn't going to, and appearantly didn't, change his mind. Sit here and tell me that if a kid was on top of you after you just scored you wouldnt get him off you. Five seconds is a long time to just sit there under a catcher while he whines to the umpire about somethin that wont get changed. Anybody that has a pair, as the old coach used to say, would get tired of layin there and get up. Oh yeah don't forget Meigs and Polk dont really like each other already, the fact this game has turned into a rivalry has to have somethin to do with it. I know Tyler pretty well and if it were me, id probably done the same thing. Its not like he threw him off him, kicked him, then said somethin about his Momma. All he did was help himself up cause the catcher obviously wouldnt. You cant expect guys to compete without a little emotion can you?

Saw the pic in DPA, didn't look like wildcat catcher was holding Roberts down, looked liked he blocked the plate,like any catcher is taught to do. I wasn't at the game,so, I can't honesty say what happened, but if it happened like I've heard from so many people, not only Polk Co. people but also Meigs, it was a very aggresive move by Roberts that the ump ignored. Hats off to the P.C. catcher for holding his cool!! But, I did hear that Tyler not only pushed him off, he took both forearms to do so. Welcome back Will!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AA rules @ Apr 12 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826435829[/snapback]Not as many ?......all 3 go way overboard and it's mostly students from all 3. The adults could definately set a better example and punishing offenders would be a good place to start. As for Coach Baker being classless, in my opinion he is one of the best people I have ever met. Don't judge a guy by what you "think" he should or should not do.

As for a person I think Clint Baker is a good guy but how he handles his team is questionable. I have known lots of great guys but when coaching they lack some discipline and usually these coaches do not last long because without discipline most teams are not successful. However, Meigs has had alot of talent over the past 8-9 years and this is due to their good little league program getting the player's fundamentally ready before high school. As an example the previous coach did not have much discipline but his teams won because of the talent he had. If my posts implied that I was questioning Clint's morals or values I apologize to him and everyone that was bothered by my statements, but Roberts made a bad decision and even if the ump did not do anything I feel that Clint should have at least set him straight. As stated in a previous post it was unecessary for Roberts to shove Qualls he was not holding him down he was just blocking the plate and actually Qualls was raising up when the incident happened. I agree 100% about coaches and parents setting better examples. If you give your team rules and expectations to go by then you should be willing to enforce them no matter who the player is, it only takes one or two times of making examples and the rest of the team will conform because they know that you will not tolerate anything. I have found that most students/players will do what's expected of them if you are consistent with your discipline. However one time of not punishing a student or player because of who their parents are or if they are the best player then you lose all credibility with your team and parents! I am not saying this was the case with Tyler Roberts but my philosophy in general. I do think he is a good kid but good kids make some bad decisions sometimes and I feel this was one of them that could have cost his team the game if he had been ejected because he was doing a great job on the mound and at the plate. I am not biased if it was a Polk player he should have been tossed also and Coach Triplett should have been on him. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:34 AM) 826436563[/snapback]As for a person I think Clint Baker is a good guy but how he handles his team is questionable. I have known lots of great guys but when coaching they lack some discipline and usually these coaches do not last long because without discipline most teams are not successful. However, Meigs has had alot of talent over the past 8-9 years and this is due to their good little league program getting the player's fundamentally ready before high school. As an example the previous coach did not have much discipline but his teams won because of the talent he had. If my posts implied that I was questioning Clint's morals or values I apologize to him and everyone that was bothered by my statements, but Roberts made a bad decision and even if the ump did not do anything I feel that Clint should have at least set him straight. As stated in a previous post it was unecessary for Roberts to shove Qualls he was not holding him down he was just blocking the plate and actually Qualls was raising up when the incident happened. I agree 100% about coaches and parents setting better examples. If you give your team rules and expectations to go by then you should be willing to enforce them no matter who the player is, it only takes one or two times of making examples and the rest of the team will conform because they know that you will not tolerate anything. I have found that most students/players will do what's expected of them if you are consistent with your discipline. However one time of not punishing a student or player because of who their parents are or if they are the best player then you lose all credibility with your team and parents! I am not saying this was the case with Tyler Roberts but my philosophy in general. I do think he is a good kid but good kids make some bad decisions sometimes and I feel this was one of them that could have cost his team the game if he had been ejected because he was doing a great job on the mound and at the plate. I am not biased if it was a Polk player he should have been tossed also and Coach Triplett should have been on him. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Let us all not be deceived here. Polk and Meigs are a big rivalry, which is good for competition. When Polk won, there were no sour grapes about the game from Meigs. I did not go to the game in Benton but knew Meigs must have won because the crickets were chirping here at coacht that evening. (We are even still posting on the thread "Polk gets BIG win @ Meigs") Polk would have already started posting if they had won. Meigs fans/playes have handled all of this fairly well IMO.

I sincerely hope your criticism extends towards members of the Polk baseball team (that play the other sports as well) that routinely use the n word when playing Central and other schools. Yes, I can call names but I won't-they know who they are. What's worse is when the parents do the same- and yes I can mention specific examples here as well. I have seen and heard this with my own eyes and ears. This is not only classless but criminal....hate speech. When playing basketball at Meigs, students and parents in one section chanted "inbreds" to the Meigs players. ( Does anyone besides me find this humorous?) This goes back to upbringing and the parent's responsibilty so don't lecture anyone on class or etiquette.

QUOTE(pumba @ Apr 13 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826436594[/snapback]Let us all not be deceived here. Polk and Meigs are a big rivalry, which is good for competition. When Polk won, there were no sour grapes about the game from Meigs. I did not go to the game in Benton but knew Meigs must have won because the crickets were chirping here at coacht that evening. (We are even still posting on the thread "Polk gets BIG win @ Meigs") Polk would have already started posting if they had won. Meigs fans/playes have handled all of this fairly well IMO.

I sincerely hope your criticism extends towards members of the Polk baseball team (that play the other sports as well) that routinely use the n word when playing Central and other schools. Yes, I can call names but I won't-they know who they are. What's worse is when the parents do the same- and yes I can mention specific examples here as well. I have seen and heard this with my own eyes and ears. This is not only classless but criminal....hate speech. When playing basketball at Meigs, students and parents in one section chanted "inbreds" to the Meigs players. ( Does anyone besides me find this humorous?) This goes back to upbringing and the parent's responsibilty so don't lecture anyone on class or etiquette.

I totaly agree "Puma" It was like Polk won the state or something after they beat Meigs! But the following night when Meigs defeated Polk not a word was said or a Posting was made about Meigs beating Polk, Seems to me that Meigs is more worried about the game and there opponnets, unike Polk who is on Coacht after everygame! Polk County was all happy and crap when they defeated Meigs and posting on here, but when they got defeated they just want to cry and blame it on the Ump, then coach Clint Baker, and Also Tyler Roberts! That is what I call IMMATURE SORRY LOSERS. The game is over Meigs won nothing can be done about it now so just drop it and worry about Central! And as of Tyler Davis shoving it down Meigs throat..... I never seen it happening, Meigs hit the ball against him! If Tyler Davis is such a Legend Baseball player at Polk why is he only going to Roane State, and Roberts is going to Mephis? My personal opinion I think Tanner Davis is twice as good as his brother in all 3 sports and has a whole lot more class the him! I have heard Polk county players calling people the N word and also calling opposing teams cuss words becasue they were getting beat! He also might want to get his chest checked out as hard as beats on it.

QUOTE(Rt-21CBTrap @ Apr 11 2007 - 11:50 PM) 826435547[/snapback]So whats this do for the district standings? Pretty sure its still

1. Meigs

2. Polk

even after the split. As for callin the announcers classless, nice one. I've got a four year old cousin you can take a shot at next.

Well the standings are as this

1. Meigs 9-1

2. Mcminn Central 8-1

3. Polk 10-2

Meigs and Polk still have to play Central!

QUOTE(pumba @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:15 AM) 826436594[/snapback]Let us all not be deceived here. Polk and Meigs are a big rivalry, which is good for competition. When Polk won, there were no sour grapes about the game from Meigs. I did not go to the game in Benton but knew Meigs must have won because the crickets were chirping here at coacht that evening. (We are even still posting on the thread "Polk gets BIG win @ Meigs") Polk would have already started posting if they had won. Meigs fans/playes have handled all of this fairly well IMO.

I have been to Meigs, Central and Polk games for along time and I can assure you Meigs and Central are just as guilty! I remember last year at the end of the basketball tourney at Cleveland State players and fans for Central were calling the manager for Polk who is a Special ED student "Radio" when Polk went out to accept their award and he was standing out on the floor with the team. This was totally innapropriate and started an even bigger problem between the two schools and it carried over to this past season. As with the situation with a couple of Polk player's in basketball this year, IMHO this should have been taken care of by the Polk's coach and the school aministration but it wasn't and that is a shame. I was told the players were warned by the principal and the school superintendent but they did not follow through with the discipline of one of the player's even after they had warned the whole team about starting anything. I later heard from a parent that they did discipline one particular player by suspending him then changed it to ISS but they ended up not making him serve either one and he never missed a game. IMO they dropped the ball big time and this will affect the schools athletic program for a while as far as problems at Central games with students and parents. Also students should not be allowed to sit in the opposing teams bleachers I know a student from Meigs got into it with some parents from Polk which is classless on both sides. So I will be consistent, I will not defend or make excuses when it comes to not making students and players act like respectful and responsible young adults. I am a firm believer that a schools students and athletes are a direct reflection on the school, community and the parents. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Layitdown @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:37 AM) 826436612[/snapback]I totaly agree "Puma" It was like Polk won the state or something after they beat Meigs! But the following night when Meigs defeated Polk not a word was said or a Posting was made about Meigs beating Polk, Seems to me that Meigs is more worried about the game and there opponnets, unike Polk who is on Coacht after everygame! Polk County was all happy and crap when they defeated Meigs and posting on here, but when they got defeated they just want to cry and blame it on the Ump, then coach Clint Baker, and Also Tyler Roberts! That is what I call IMMATURE SORRY LOSERS. The game is over Meigs won nothing can be done about it now so just drop it and worry about Central! And as of Tyler Davis shoving it down Meigs throat..... I never seen it happening, Meigs hit the ball against him! If Tyler Davis is such a Legend Baseball player at Polk why is he only going to Roane State, and Roberts is going to Mephis? My personal opinion I think Tanner Davis is twice as good as his brother in all 3 sports and has a whole lot more class the him! I have heard Polk county players calling people the N word and also calling opposing teams cuss words becasue they were getting beat! He also might want to get his chest checked out as hard as beats on it.

I guess when you guys beat Polk in football you all just politely filed out of the bleachers and celebrated in your cars on the way home? I am not knocking Roberts but Memphis is not exactly a baseball powerhouse, so don't knock on Davis and Roane State! Speaking of CLASS you have none on here talking about one brother vs the other despite your opinion!! People like you is why its easy to prove the argument!! I am done with this posts you people are way off. If I had known this I would not have started it!!

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 13 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826436807[/snapback]I guess when you guys beat Polk in football you all just politely filed out of the bleachers and celebrated in your cars on the way home? I am not knocking Roberts but Memphis is not exactly a baseball powerhouse, so don't knock on Davis and Roane State! Speaking of CLASS you have none on here talking about one brother vs the other despite your opinion!! People like you is why its easy to prove the argument!! I am done with this posts you people are way off. If I had known this I would not have started it!!

Was that baseball game not played at Polk Co.? If you can't defend your on turf then quit complaining and making excuses.

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ Apr 13 2007 - 01:42 PM) 826436811[/snapback]Was that baseball game not played at Polk Co.? If you can't defend your on turf then quit complaining and making excuses.

Sorry but I can't help but to reply to this! No one is making any excuses! I said in an earlier post Meigs won the game outright! You need to read all the post before showing your ignorance! BTW your comment "If you can't defend your on turf then quit complaining and making excuses" makes no sense whatsoever this is not a gang war its a BASEBALL game and Meigs lost AT HOME also and no one is saying Meigs cheated and no one is making excuses for Polk losing. I also like the fact that some of you that reply to these post just argue about irrelevant things. I should have learned by now that you can't argue with stupidity or ignorance!!

QUOTE(Layitdown @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:37 AM) 826436612[/snapback]I totaly agree "Puma" It was like Polk won the state or something after they beat Meigs! But the following night when Meigs defeated Polk not a word was said or a Posting was made about Meigs beating Polk, Seems to me that Meigs is more worried about the game and there opponnets, unike Polk who is on Coacht after everygame! Polk County was all happy and crap when they defeated Meigs and posting on here, but when they got defeated they just want to cry and blame it on the Ump, then coach Clint Baker, and Also Tyler Roberts! That is what I call IMMATURE SORRY LOSERS. The game is over Meigs won nothing can be done about it now so just drop it and worry about Central! And as of Tyler Davis shoving it down Meigs throat..... I never seen it happening, Meigs hit the ball against him! If Tyler Davis is such a Legend Baseball player at Polk why is he only going to Roane State, and Roberts is going to Mephis? My personal opinion I think Tanner Davis is twice as good as his brother in all 3 sports and has a whole lot more class the him! I have heard Polk county players calling people the N word and also calling opposing teams cuss words becasue they were getting beat! He also might want to get his chest checked out as hard as beats on it.

Hey smart one!!!!!! From the last I have heard, Polk County High School has coacht.com BLOCKED..... Another thing, I have not heard one EXCUSE on here. The fact is, is Roberts shoved Qualls to the ground and should have had his tail ejected but since older brother umpires with the umps, that might have had a pull. Layitdown, you need to go on and lay your ignorance down and try not to screw that up. .... Polk is 18-3 and yes MEIGS flat out beat Polk everywhere on the field Tuesday. Ya happy??? But Polk did the same to Meigs monday. Meigs needs to worry bout the Chargers and the Cats need to worry about the Bears. End of Story

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 13 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826436807[/snapback]I guess when you guys beat Polk in football you all just politely filed out of the bleachers and celebrated in your cars on the way home? I am not knocking Roberts but Memphis is not exactly a baseball powerhouse, so don't knock on Davis and Roane State! Speaking of CLASS you have none on here talking about one brother vs the other despite your opinion!! People like you is why its easy to prove the argument!! I am done with this posts you people are way off. If I had known this I would not have started it!!

how can you even say that about memphis and use roane state in the same sentence

Ok since this has gotten way off topic, I'm going to clarify a few things...

As for TheOldScout, I agree with you on most everything you say, but you were misinformed...The basketball player was suspended for 3 days of school and 1 game.

As for Layitdown, Tyler Davis didn't shove it down Meigs throat??? 9 Ks in 5 innings...1 Earned run...You've got to be kidding me!!!

Yes he plays with a lot of emotion... some people like it some people don't....as for me I love the emotion!

As for the bashing of him and Roane State...there has been many great players go to there and transfer to a D1 or D2 college afterwards...All I'm saying is Davis struck out Roberts and didn't give him a hit...Yes Roberts may be going to Memphis but yes Davis shut him down that day. Let me rephrase that, Polk shut Meigs down that day. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

As for all this talk, I bet Ty. Davis has read these posts and will come out even more determined to shut Meigs down the next time they play them...so keep posting....Good luck and good day!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />